Why the lack of Customization?

I think it’d be easier for me to post the customizations I never want to see.

Short tails for male draenei.

Seriously, why was this abomination added not once, but twice?

So what, the rest of us get screwed up from the other cultural aspects of Belf society because of Paladin mains, just like Velf fans that wanted void stuff got screwed up on void stuff cause the devs rather cattered to the Helfer crowd?

I repeat: thanks but no thanks, I rather get a robust BASE customization pass that lets ALL possible magical aspects of the race get portrayed on the toons and nor merely favor one niche aspect of Belf society just because it´s convenient for other players (ergo why I REJECT and quite firmly when Void mains try to come here to tell me I should get only Light or else. Belves have quite a lot more magical aspects going on thanks to almost 2 decades of lore, so excuse me If I don´t want to get relegated to merely one aspect or else).

Yes, I see this too on PALADIN toons. The rest? not so much. Heck, purple seems to be the “nu” wave regarding eye colors as far as I´ve seen.

The Sunwell is a mix of Light and Arcane. Which means that portraying only ONE aspect is a deliberate attemtp to deny the other. Why do so, why INSIST with this supposed “supremely” important relevance on Light in Belf society when I -as an actual lore fan who consults not only the game but the side material- see time and time again that, apart from Liadrin, the Belves literally ignore and don´t care at all for the Light. They don´t mention it in their phrases. Heck, they don´t even express any remotely attempt at actual religious devotion to it (in more than a decade since Sunwell Plateau, I have never seen ONE Belf toon say stuff like “for the Light!” or “Light guide us” or any other remark that would indeed imply this is an important part of their society. Not even from actual Paladin toons apart from Liadrin (but then again she gets the characterizatiuon of a regular Human paladin, lul).

My dislike over the theme is that, as harsh as it sounds for the main Paladin and Priest players, it is canonly speaking, as irrelevant as the other magical aspects surrounding the Belf society (sorry not sorry people, but no, the magical source your toons use isn´t more important than the arcane mages use or the nature hunters use or the fel warlocks use, etc.). The Belves as a society are a pragmatic and practical bunch with a heavy military orientation after the whole Third War zombie fiasco. The weight they put on their “magical sources” depends on how those sources benefit them, not actual devotion or belief (to put it in perspective, while a Night Elf feels devotion to Elune and literally comends his/her soul to the goddess, a Belf sure as hell does NOT do it regarding the Light. For them, the Light is as “good” as the stuff they can gain from using it, and they certainly don´t expect magical “soul salvation” from it the way a Draenei or a Human does).

Actually this is the thing I´ve been saying since January. Ergo why it bother me so much when posters come here with the “Belves shoould only get A or B”. So, nope. If colors in this game are a basic elementary way to “portray” magical sources, this means Belves deserve to get more than golden and green, cause their society uses almost all cosmical magic sources available.

Tell that to the people that comes with the narrowminded suggestions, not to me.

As far as I´m concerned, putting yellow as an available color for the core base stuff that would make the customizations (the runic tattoos and magical auras or whatever else the devs implement) basically fulfills the “muh Light” customization niche, period. Repeat ad nauseaum with the other magical sources and then we get a whole new world of colors to explore so players can take the ones that most benefit them for their own RP.

Because this “suggestion” is usually suspiciously made by Velf / Helfer mains on their toons. Actual Belf players desire the MOST options possible, not merely one or two.

I mean, Leinhad is anything but a Belf main. He hasn´t even deigned to explain about what did he meant by “Blood” customizations ffs. and believe me, as the poster who actually first proposed the idea in this place I rather dread what does he mean by it.

Is not about “faction identity”, dear. Is about my favorite race getting the due respectful portrayal it deserves. And to become the foils for the Velves is cenrtainly NOT one example of it.

THIS.

Thanks, Averie. Excellent comment as usual.

6 Likes

I’m sorry if you don’t like others to have something because you disagree with them having something.

I mean, hey, continue acting like it has to go your way, because guess what, there is a reason why Blizzard granted us our request, and it starts with the toxicity of your own behaviour.

5 Likes

I know that the light themes won’t prevent Belfs from getting lood/undead/dark ranger/gothic. I don’t take umbrage to darker themes and in fact deeply desire them. I do however believe that the “light theme” can be reflected in a manner distinct from Draenei and Humans via phoenix, sun and fire. It still appeals to the light theme, but in a way that doesn’t copy paste aesthetics from Draenei and Human paladins.

This is a major worry for many of Belf players.

Yes, exactly. By the way, most Dark Rangers stayed loyal to the Horde, not Sylvanas. It’s truly unfair to try to pigeonhole any one race to any one facet of their culture. I just feel the light theme should be reflected in a way different to that of draenei and human paladins, a little cultural flavor if you will.

Thank you for making this point so I don’t have to.

These would be awesome. I’ve got to unlock Dark Irons now that the requirements have changed.

Give them options to reflect the Loa they worship too. Imagine being able to have customization that says “I’m a worshipper of Bwonsamdi.”

8 Likes

Hey girl!! It’s good to see you back and looking as AMAZING as ever!!!

4 Likes

I doubt Blizzard puts that much weight on the behavior of any forum cliques.

6 Likes

Hey queen! You look STUNNING. I’m so glad to be back too and we need to do a photoshoot in game sometime soon with everyone !! :hugs: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Red eyes for void elves please.

5 Likes

I was never against you guys receiving anything. No, remember in your thread? Oh that is right, I am a toxic person because I don’t post the way you want me to post, or according to you :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Purple eyes are best eyes.

Ugh something we actually disagree like disagree on, the Blood Elf purple eyes are so weird, I have hated them since they were added. Lol.

1 Like

It’s okay, I’m just biased because purple is my favorite color.

1 Like

Completely understandable, I’d be more okay with them if they glowed like the other eyes but they are to plain for my tastes, however you or anyone else that likes them gets no hate from me for liking them just because I don’t. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a set that glows as well. I also want dark purple eyes.

3 Likes

Amethyst colored and glowing? Yes.

1 Like

That would be amazing!

1 Like

Purple eyes were only added because some Blood Elf NPC’s had purple eyes as a bug, and the devs thought to give them to players. They literally came out of nowhere. Of course they stink lol.

2 Likes

New Void elf customisations coming in 9.2 or not? skin colors, hairstyles, red eyes and stuff…

1 Like

No new customizations have been announced for 9.2 at all.

And that’s unfortunate too. I hope they continue to had new customizations because at this point Blizz is just spitting in its face to spite itself. I really hope the Blizz devs can get their demands met and that conditions in the company improve. It must be a nightmare to work there right now. Much love to all of them.

4 Likes