Why the lack of Customization?

To some degree, they were similar in how they operated. Just a minor comparison. They bound a Naaru and siphoned its holy light, making it void. Some of their people were repulsed by them. Even the Farstriders dislike them. That’s not to say that all of them were this extreme, but it doesn’t seem to be an uncommon mindset.

3 Likes

Thats not how they are now though…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’ve been making this huge point about how people under the same flag and purpose aren’t all the same… where are you going with this?

3 Likes

I’ll take angel wings, I don’t know what else because I didn’t think past that but yes angel wings. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

You called them extremists like the Scarlet Crusaders based on how they were before the end of TBC…

Where are you going with this if your point is how people under the same flag and purpose aren’t all the same while saying that?

For clarification, what I mean is that they can be, and have through history been. Not all of them. My point was to give examples of commonly known tropes in a society.

Overall, I’m trying to bring light to the fact that of one society commonly listed, some are going to have or want light themes, arcane themes, etc. Not that they need to be defined by any one thing.

5 Likes

Lack of customization?! OMFG. There was a time when everyone and their mothers, brothers, and sisters looked EXACTLY alike. Org and SW looked like they were filled with wedding cake toppers running around.

I saw an orc that looked like the Hulk today. I saw another Orc that looked like a lumberjack. I saw two gnomes that looked like idiots and a whole slew of elves that looked like they needed to be put down.

There is a ton of customization in the game.

Ah, I apologize I misinterpreted your meaning. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

There’s never enough customization and there never will be because new stuff is always nice.

5 Likes

My first three words were: “Lack of customization?” Never did I ever mention anything stopping or slowing down. What I commented on was to say there is a lack of it is a bit over the top.

Perhaps even dramatic.

There is a lack of customization depending on what race you are looking at vs other races, add in personal preferences and personal wants and it leads back to my previous comment of there is never enough customizations and there never will be because people are always going to want more, including me.

8 Likes

It’s not that dramatic when we look at WoW’s competition and how characters looked before they got all these new options.

7 Likes

And there is nothing wrong with wanting more. We’re all entitled to wanting more to express our characters in any way that we want too.

7 Likes

Dunno if it’s been mentioned or suggested, but I hope Dark Iron Dwarves are next up on the new customizations block.

Just a few ideas there; different colorings options of fire on their beards and eyes, an option to turn the fire off, expanded and separated beard/mustache options like regular dwarves have, and perhaps some iron/obsidian themed jewelry options.

Also, kind of a niche request, and I don’t ever expect it to happen, but I noticed something about the DI warlock I made today.

That’s the hardcasting of the demonology spell Demonbolt, and I never knew until today that it has two different color effects when casting. I think it would really be awesome to have a heterochromia eye option for the eye colors I mentioned. I would totally give my character matching eyes for that spell. xD

8 Likes

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be any light themed stuff, I just don’t view it as a major belf theme, and I would prefer if we get customization that does encompass major themes first. I don’t want light themed stuff at the expense of things like farstrider appearances and arcane.

6 Likes

Reasonable. They have plenty of variety to have more than just one.

1 Like

For Dark Irons i think they should have a toggle effect for their fire beards.

They’re cool as heck but for some xmogs/armor i think it would look better without. A toggle like the Void Elf tentacles would be nice for that.

7 Likes

The Blood Elves have already four themes (while one shared with the Void Elves). While I have several Blood Elves, I never tried the shortened ear options out before. I still don’t understand Greatbae and how he can still push the Half Elves agenda, the ear options are already great for both sides claiming to have half-humans in the elf society.

They also need to start doubling down on accessories, rune tattoos, light-customization and glowing effects. The themes are already there but completely underdeveloped. Believe me, I tried. I still don’t understand why a Blood Elf warlock has to use a purple Voidwalker when a red/fire or green one makes far more sense. Thematically the Blood Elves are vanilla ice cream while having a lot of themes going for themselves.

1 Like

Let’s give Zandalari Trolls some love as well. For being a new race I think they are one of the weakest customizable races in the game.

They could add:

• beards
  • jewelry (gold/ bones)
  • hairstyles
8 Likes

I posted this in the San’layn customization thread but with as many races as I included I decided to post it to this one as well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

San’layn and Dark Ranger Customizations for Blood Elves. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Red and pink eyes for Blood Elves. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Burgundy and pink hair colors for Blood Elves. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
Farstrider and runic tattoos for Blood Elves. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:
Scars for Blood Elves. :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:
Better facial hair options for male Blood Elves and makeup options for female Blood Elves. :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:
Updated Paladin mount for Blood Elves. :black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

More skintones including pink, red and brown for Nightborne. :heart: :heart: :heart:
More hair colors including pink, red and aqua for Nightborne. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
More eye colors including pink, purple, red, blue, yellow for Nightborne. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Upright standing for Undead. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Potential customizations to look like Nathanos. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Better facial hair options for male Undead and makeup options for female Undead. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Upright standing for Trolls. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Better facial hair options for male Trolls and makeup options for female Trolls. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

Pink hair color for Goblins. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Better facial hair options for male Goblins and makeup options for female Goblins. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Better blue eye color options for Goblins to match the different blue hair color options we have. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Hairstyle options for Vulpera. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Facial hair options for male Vulpera and makeup options for female Vulpera. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Unlikely but pink fur color for Vulpera. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Pink eye color for Gnomes to match the pink hair color. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Makeup options for female Gnomes. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

Tails for Worgen. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Pure black fur color for Worgen. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Scars for Worgen. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
Unlikely but pink fur color for Worgen. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

More eye colors for both Draenei and Lightforged Draenei like purple, blue and pink. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Onyx skintone for Lightforged Draenei. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

More eye colors for Dark Iron Dwarves like red and blue.
More hair color/hairstyle options for Dark Iron Dwarf fire hair to contrast using different color options. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

Unlikely but pink fur option for Highmountain Tauren and Tauren. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pink hair color for Void Elves. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Void tattoos and void scars for Void Elves. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:
Better facial hair options for male Void Elves and makeup options for female Void Elves. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
Permanent glowing skintones for Void Elves. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

Red, green and purple eye colors for Death Knights. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pink hair color for all races. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Glowing eye colors, normal eye colors and heterochromia for all races. :heart: :heart: :heart:

10 Likes