Why the lack of Customization?

My man, all you describe here actually makes THEM look like the bad people and creepers they indeed try to emulate. To not pay attention, block and move on is indeed the correct answer.

And yes, keeping personal info closely guarded should be obvious for most people. You don´t know if the “nice dude /dudette” talking to you may be a serial killer or something, ergo, the less people you don´t truly know knows about you, the better.

I´ve spent 10 years and counting in these forums and not even the people from SF (where I spent most of my forums time) knows my native country nor much less which country I live in. And that´s because, as harsh as it sounds, it is NOT their business, period.

1 Like

I’m just unwilling to be silenced, shamed, or forced into a closet by oppressors for speaking my truth as a disabled trans person.

3 Likes

More or less.

Green does happen under the right conditions looking from earth from what I read.

Exactly.

This. So much this.

Endgame for Alliance isn’t great and a fix needs serious thought and effort.

Sethrak, high elves? None of those things are gonna do it.

100% and it’s why fixing it will never be so simple as one change.

Not just the Goblin… No one is entitled to anyone’s attention.

Now we should try to respect each other and have talks but that isn’t always going to work out.

No harm in just muting those who you can’t work with.

You always have the choice to walk away from someone… And you really don’t need a good reason either.

2 Likes

I really don’t like stepping into this thread much but was curious, and want to say, sure. Personally I don’t mind the idea. Though if that’s the case, and the faction barrier remains, I’d hope Blood Elves got something like phoenix or felblood themes as well since they can’t be void elves, who have modification beyond eyes.

But yeah, so we’ll see.

They seemed niche to me but with how the topic has flared as of recent, I’m not entirely sure how big the community is anymore.

5 Likes

If you type just the letter f where it lets you type the forever option will is clickable I think only it and four months comes up

2 Likes

This would be great! Blood elves need unique options to expand their themes. Unlike void elves they don’t have a complete different theme represented with their options yet.

Even nightborne and night elves received options that expands their main themes. I’m not a fan of the options night elves got, but i can’t deny that their customization pass gave them more diversity.

I love the felblood idea especially, i always loved them. Felblood or dark ranger/san’layn options would make blood elves interesting to me again.

5 Likes

Ugh yes, I love felbloods so much. Did you know I considered making a thread for them? People keep bringing them up too, and I just adore them. They are so cool. It makes me incredibly sad that they’ve stayed in just BC. This is actually what I wish blood elves were!

2 Likes

I agree! It would be totally unfair and mean-spirited to take a popular A/H request and give it to the opposite side. Though, San’layn make the most sense for the Horde, I wouldn’t be opposed to them being a neutral allied race or customization options for both void elves and blood elves. Imagine two different warring clans of San’layn going for each other’s throats, one on the Alliance and the other on Horde.

Not to mention, more people requesting the race, regardless of the faction they play is a good thing for the San’layn cause. I’ve seen people asking for San’layn across the internet. The greater the number of people asking for them, the more likely they’ll happen. I just recently discovered that Dark Rangers are more popularly requested than I once thought.

4 Likes

Indeed, it´s more about the atmospheric conditions on Earth (we´re after all surrounded by an invisible layer that contains nitrogen and oxygen and the light from the stars -including the Sun- gets distorted when it crosses it. That´s why we see him as a bright pale yellow color some days, literally white others and reddish/orange at twilight.

To solve that issue devs will have to interact with the high end content players, after all they themselves know better than any of us rando casuals why did they ended up making the jump to red side no turns back.

Yup, basically this.

Their visuals are indeed pretty unique, frankly is just the apalling lore that ties them to TBC the issue that makes their modern inclusion not so great. That´s one “theme” that IF gets implemented I rather the devs literally ignore as per the lore (the less they touch that can of worms, the better. Let people invent their own explanations on how their Felbloods survived since Sunwell Plateau and aren´t “kill on sight” on Silvermoon).

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the Fel Blood Elf stuff but if it’s a second visual theme to offset the loss of visual uniqueness for Blood Elves then it is what it is.

I’d rather focus on that then be too focused on what my preferred route is for a second set of visually distinct options.

On the complete opposite side I love the Fel themes from Nightborne and wish those were played up. A NB warlock seems cool to imagine as a former Elisande loyalist as is but if options for that were given I imagine it’d be even easier.

4 Likes

Because, while it is cool, it’s a lot of time spent on something most people will just set once and forget about.

Exactly. I prefer them to be neutral, because i prefer the alliance and i think would be nice to see them alongside with void elves. But i just want them to be playable to be honest. My main was a blood elf warlock in MoP and WoD, if they became playable only for the horde it won’t be a nightmare for me, because i play both factions ^^

Not a bad idea IMO xD

Me too. Blizzard took the most boring path for blood elves when they decided to restore the sunwell.

3 Likes

Oh no, you should never relent nor much less stay quiet. Just block their rabid inane BS and continue with your opinions regardless.

Indeed. Frankly you know where I stand: more than a “theme” I want a robust basis:

1. A general “wounds” set of options (scars, damaged ears)

2. A robust and unique set of tattoos (my preference goes to a combination of the runic scarifications seen on the TBC artbox with the henna parameters (delicate lines depicting the runes in the forehead, around the eyes and mouth, in the bodu symetrically on both arms and legs from the knee downwards), designs similar to Rommath´s, or warpaint with a design reminiscent of either the Dark Ranger´s marks, the phoenix make up I posted the other day or the glorious mockups from Izzabelle).

3. Maybe magical effects playing with the phoenix / magical fire concept (the fire ombré idea, the tornasol iris for the eye color idea -the tornasol would follow the pattern of either the Talon of the Phoenix or the basic colorations of Felo´melorn- or a magical aura around the toons following -once again- these phoenix esque color parameters. in this we include too the dead skins and the red eyes for the Dark Ranger or the Blood Anima RP.

4. Decorations like feathers but with the magical phoenix effect as suggested by Terranox. And if we are to be trampled with more jewerly, make it less gaudy and with more color variety for both the metals and the gems). Also detach the jewerly ornaments from the haircuts that have them for the love of God (the tiara and the headband for the guys), so people can choose to use them or not. And apply the jewerly parameters to those ornaments too (a.k.a. more color variation, please).

5. As a QoL thing… eyebags and some old face options for the females.

Hmmm… I think that´s basically what I´d like. It´s pretty tame stuff to start BUT that works to create a solid basis so afterwards the devs can implement more complex stuff like the proper ideas Fallynn suggested for the San´layn RP or the Felblood stuff (horns, feathered wings, etc).

Aye. I´m one of the most rabid Belf fangirls you´ll ever meet in this place.

And I sometimes wish SO much the ridiculous fount would get obliterated for reals!!! It´s nothing but a HUGE weakness for the race, a weak point tying the Belves´fate like a chain.

9 Likes

This is important for me too, and I echoed that a bit in the San’layn thread a few days ago.

Though you also know where I fall on Farstrider tattoos / that being an exclusive addition for BEs main theme as well.

1 Like

Indeed… I just thing we don´t disagree too terribly as long as Belves don´t get literal hand me downs from Alleria. I´d legitimately hate that as much as I hated the “body” coughcoughlingeriecogh jewerly back in January.

Between getting the ridiculous lines from Alleria in 3 colors and getting nothing, I´ll pick nothing. Give me something more “Hordish” / Dark Ranger-ish and legitimately unique or don´t bother, Blizz.

5 Likes

I’m late, work had me busy today, but it’s a beta access account.
You can also get your reputation with the forums up Trust Level 3 by being active, reading a lot of posts, liking posts, ect ect. That’ll also let you post images, although you can lose that through inactivity.

Sorry if somebody else answered. I usually just don’t read posts in these garbage threads anymore.

Anyways,
Red eyes for void elves! We pretty much look like vampires now anyways.
Stormwind’s seeing more and more of them every day.

Still hyped for Tuesday to be able to play every Thalassian subtype I enjoy except Blood Knights on the faction I prefer. Don’t need much more, although once I have the eye colour, I’m gonna be happy with anything we get for void elves.

How about red eyes for both velf and belf?

If you’re looking for them on the Alliance, I cannot imagine you would not be looking for them to be on both.

4 Likes

That one seems to just take joy in baiting belf/Horde players out of spite, better just to ignore them. IMO the only red eyes void elves should realistically get are ‘N’zoth’ style eyes (but frankly would prefer purple in that respect). Undead-style red eyes should go to blood elves.

2 Likes

We really need more shades of purple for the eyes. But red is very welcome too. Red/orange are very common corruption colors. I remember that in BfA if you had too much corrupted gear there was a red glow around you. There is other examples like nightmare corrupted Cenarius, Xavius and all the emerald nightmare raid.

Most of the nightmare/void corrupted npcs have red or orange eyes.

Red eyes make sense for both thalassians for different reasons. Both should get red eyes. Is so weird seeing people fighting over an eye color again. So tiring.

2 Likes

So why is there an interest in turning void elves into dark rangers now?