Why the lack of Customization?

I remember people were excited about them very soon after meeting them in BFA

Hopefully they get more options though I always wanted Druid for them

2 Likes

I wasn’t as excited as some but I like mine very much.

And anyone who hurts Meera I swear…

I’m betting Vulpera and Mechagnomes will be hit as this expansion continues. They didn’t say specifically but it sounds like they intend to hit the rest of the ARs in the .5 patches.

(maybe they’ll hear blood elves and give em dark ranger options along the way)

2 Likes

This guy I would like so much more if he was a Druid I was trying to get into shaman and well potato tomato it’s not quite the same obviously

Vulpera Druids please Blizzard, and thank you again I can’t think of a better choice for the last Horde AR than Vulpera. Hopefully customization isn’t allowed to stay lacking otherwise I hope we don’t see more races added while they still clearly are.

2 Likes

I can get behind druid…

But then I always want druid for all races…

(Fenelon)

1 Like

This is the third or fourth time I’ve remade this shaman (I don’t really like going into the restore character thing) it feels weird to me it messes up my vibe but I just can’t idk I want a Druid for Vulpera I do think

1 Like

I have to say, I looked through the EU forums threads regarding the Nightborne and seeing how passionate you all are makes me very happy to see.

6 Likes

EU forums always had their quality posters but when they get bored, they annoy everyone with constant fresh alt-accounts and pretend to be a complete new person. But all five of us absolutely dislike the user who posts fake sincere postings wishing people well although she doesn’t mean any of this.

I hate to say it but from what I have learned in my time on the forums Void Elf players and Alliance players try to downplay everything they have and get regardless of how good it is so they can pretend like there’s the so called Horde bias, it’s not surprising they’d do this after getting exactly what they wanted in the upcoming patch and the previous one as well.

3 Likes

In regards to the numbers, quantity is not better if the quality sucks.

10 Likes

I totally agree in the regards of say Blood Elves and Nightborne and getting very little and most of it being awful jewelry options, I would love to get as many actual customizations as Void Elves and Night Elves have, not to mention I would actually have hair colors I actually want.

1 Like

It seems pertinent if to count options to add in the options of the second theme because while they can’t be used with the first they are added options you have those choices others don’t so they would be totaled in not ignored as if not additions

2 Likes

Maybe if someone is trying to figure out the math they could add weights depending on how impactful customizations are? Like skin tone would be weight 1 but tiny earrings maybe a weight of .5 or .25? I guess the hard part would be getting ppl to agree on the impact of an item.

Math hard :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This.

Agreeing on what’s impactful is entirely subjective.

Dark Ranger options would seem impactful, effectively giving a subrace to blood elves, but what if someone had no interest in those options?

It wouldn’t matter squat to them.

But at the same time the parallels between what void elves got and blood elves got would be better.

Where does one draw the line?

And the raw numbers? They’re just as important or unimportant depending on your subjective view.

7 Likes

I don’t think this would be that hard to agree on given most people seem to want and ask for stuff like hair colors, skintones, eye colors, etc. very few people actually ask for stuff like jewelry, even in this thread the only people that have asked for that are the ones that are Night Elves and want to infringe on the Nightborne theme.

Since I caught up, just going to drop my usual point that using number of combinations tells you more about the number of categories that a race has rather than the number of options available.

6x6=36
3x3x3x3=81

9 Likes

Yeah… even more reason why those raw numbers are entirely useless.

Very good point and perhaps that is my issue with why people are ignoring options because they’re more focused on the number of categories? Either way I felt it was off but this makes sense

2 Likes

Maybe combinations shouldn’t be focused, but just number of options? So there would be no multiplication (unless there’s weights) and only addition

Example: (10 skin colors) + (15 hair styles) + (.25 jewlery weight x 5 jewlery options)

Any math person have a good idea on how to calculate this stuff? I might be willing to do it next week after exams if a good method is thought up.

I think it’s just different discussions.

Categories are a good thing to add, beard and mustache as categories give more choice than a facial hair option. But if we’re talking what’s been added, combination totals can be deceptive depending on how it’s broken up, if we’re going to talk about how much has been added, just use the raw number of things added/

8 Likes

This.

Adding a single unique thing would double options. It’s more complex then pure numbers.

3 Likes