Why the lack of Customization?

I’ll put it this way Lunaera, you can not calculate 1 option to another option if you can not use the 2 options together. That is what I found with Goblins, Void Elves, Humans and Blood Elves.

Are my numbers actually accurate? No. But this is the best I can do for now. In other words, there is still work to be done on the list, and it isn’t 100% finished, but the numbers are somewhat close to what they can be for now.

1 Like

Sure.

Only for VOID elf male customization:

• 8 face options
  • 6 skin options
  • 13 hairstyle options
  • 6 with tentacle hair options (did not count the toggle, as it works only on these 6 hairstyles)
  • 16 hair colour options
  • 8 facial hair options
  • 8 eye colour options
  • 3 ear options

8x6x13x6x16x8x8x3= 11,501,568

I agree, some races have toggle options, which makes it really complicated to count, in case of the Void elves, however, done my best tbh.

1 Like

I’ll go back and double check on everything later. Let me know which races you want me to double check and I’ll do it when I get around to it.

1 Like

I do not care to be honest, it is just that there is a lot of hate around of the Nightborne for getting the “attention”, therefore, acted a bit hostile.

Apologies for that.

I don’t think people were hating that part. We were talking about how other Legion ARs weren’t getting the same amount of love as the HMT and NB were.

After seeing the new numbers for Void Elves now, I can kind of see why Blizzard are waiting to give them more stuff. But they still could have at least did a better job for LFD

1 Like

So if Blood Elves were to receive a second visual theme like Dark Ranger options would we then not count those in our total either?

When the Nightborne had 21k+ “unique” options nobody except some dedicated Nightborne mains has carried about the state of the Nightborne, to be honest.

After 4 years of whines, being a crybaby meme, we have finally have received what we were asking. (at least for me)

Just like Stellaris from the EU forums said:

“Where have all you been when the Nightborne were released in a half-baked state with the least customization options among all races. For 4 damn years, we lived like that.
Where have all you been when you got many cool things in 9.0 and the Nightborne got shafted again? None of you said anything.”

On another hand, however, the issue of the Void elves, is the fact that the High elf community overshadows the void-themed option requests.

Therefore, I do not blame the frustration of the VOID elf players.

3 Likes

The issue of the Void elves is, only 8 face option works with the void skins, and the rest works with the blood elf ahm “Quel’dorei” skin tones.

However, if one day, the Sin’dorei will get the dark ranger options, I do hope it will not be locked to specific faces and skin tones.

Also, why to care, on how many “unique” looks you can make?

As long as the character you play pleases you, I do not think you need to run after the numbers.

1 Like

But they still have the added options to choose those skin tones so it’s a bit confusing why options aren’t being counted in what’s supposed to count options? Idk if that makes sense buts it’s odd to me

If you would like to, it is easy to count them too.

This is the void elf customization with the locked options.

• 18 face options
  • 20 skin options
  • 13 hairstyle options
  • 6 with tentacle hair options (did not count the toggle, as it works only on these 6 hairstyles)
  • 16 hair colour options
  • 8 facial hair options
  • 8 eye colour options
  • 3 ear options

18x20x13x6x16x8x8x3=86,261,760

2 Likes

Why are you counting these two things as individuals? Wouldn’t you have to take away 6 from the original 13 if you’re going to count the hairstyles with tendrils as separate options?

People made plenty of noise? And the only thing that wasn’t up to par with other ARs was their limited face and skin options. The hairstyles and colors matched the small count a lot of the other ARs have. But even if you ignore the new faces and skin colours, they still got a lot of new stuff. Them and HMT getting attention isn’t the problem either. It’s that they gave LFDs really lame customization in comparison to them, it feels a little unfair

Because those 6 work even without tentacle? As I have mentioned, it is really complicated to count for the Void elves, for me at least.

I am very active in the forums, and I rarely seen anyone suggesting anything for the LFD to be honest with you.

All I see is, NB, HE, VE.

Except, you don’t count the locked options together

6 of the 20 Skin Tones are locked to 8 out of 18 faces, and the remaining 16 skin tones are locked to the remaining 10 faces.

So, then you do the first options first:
Option 1: 6x8x13x6x16x8x8x3= 11,501,568
Option 2: 16x10x13x6x16x8x8x3= 38,338,560

Then you add the 2 options together.

And woah, I must of been off somewhere along the line

4 Likes

If blood elves had a second visual theme of options I would feel it pertinent to count them as much as I feel it’s pertinent to count VEs.

I wouldn’t like BE fans trying to downplay that anymore than VE fans seem to atm. That should be factored in

1 Like

I don’t think you’re getting it at all.

Use this as a simpler example

Door A opens to Rooms 1 and 2.

Door B opens to Rooms 3 and 4 and 5.

You can’t then say, “Door A can lead to Room 3 so that’s a valid combination to count” because they’re locked out from each other.

It would be wrong to state that.

Woah, hold the phone. Isn’t this exactly what you have been doing this entire time. Trying to downplay others.

I think this is one of the most accurate posts to describe why it’s important to not pretend the non void skin tones don’t exist as options totaled to the VEs if counting options.

They add a plethora of new options so count them. :raised_hands:t5: add them in

2 Likes

I would have liked if tentacles were added to the hairstyles without them and the holes left were filled a little. Braids? Maybe.

Just some plugging of the holes would have been nice.

Those numbers did feel odd…

It’s a lot to go through. Mistakes are bound to occur.

I agree. The raw numbers don’t effectively tell you if a race has any impactful and good customizations overall.

Tauren are a good example. If manes and body color were unlinked they’d gain a ton more options number-wise and gain little actual impactful options.

It’s a lot of math. I’d get lost two seconds in myself. Lol

1 Like

Vulpera deserve more attention too and that makes me sad they were one of the best Blizzard added

5 Likes

They feel remarkably low in options. I agree they need more options.