Why the lack of Customization?

Yeah. It’s actually extremely ironic.

Agreed so much.

Also yeah Zandalari are cool, they didn’t get anything this customization pass but nor did a few other Allied Races. I hope it’s the start of adding more customization across the board.

One observation I find very interesting is how the ‘red eyes for void elves’ thing didn’t come up until after void elves got their high elf customization, same with ‘but actually blood elves shouldn’t get any undead customization’. Now I see it more frequently from the same people who snapped at those who were against high elves to begin with. As Drede said.

Red eyes for void elves that are specifically of an old god would work I suppose, and I’m not technically against it if blood elves get red eyes. But all of this is suddenly coming up as a constant suggestion now that high elf options are out there and I’m skeptical. I feel like a ton of it really is spite, and it’s tiresome to see.

Especially given people now pushing against blood elves actually getting these things that we’ve been asking for years for. Like red eyes. If it’s “but they argued against our stuff” well… no, as I pointed out before, most of us didn’t. So it seems like a gigantic ball of petty.

8 Likes

I believe, in the future we will see the pack of customization for the BFA allied races.

However, Zandalari, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Mechagnomes were not in dire need of customization as it was with the Legion races.

Did not mention Mag’har orcs as they already kind of shared most of accessories with the “normal” orcs.

1 Like

Great response, but it’s not worth it to respond to that user as all they do is parrot the same points that have already been debunked. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Sometimes, I feel like I am talking to the wall, I am talking about those who stubbornly deny the facts.

Ru shanna Shal’dorei! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

True. I wasn’t sure if they were in major need. Though I know mechagnomes could use some work above the rest of those mentioned, from what people have been saying, like different options for areas of mechanisation and such like that (which would be entirely fair, they do seem lacking, but I’m not a gnome fan so won’t speak for them, just what I’ve seen).

Hopefully they go back to the core races that were neglected heavily in the pass and give some good stuff. I know many worgen players, like me as a blood elf player, were unsatisfied and would like some more substantial additions.

1 Like

I know they sold the expansion on the pretext of customizations for core races because they were so lacking, and what they added for the majority has been lackluster. Originally never mentioning ARs at all and now that they have I wonder if they won’t be the .5 patches

People in the other thread I saw saying it would be great to let the real content patch come back to core races

1 Like

Since repetition is a good idea, still boosting San’layn for the Horde, either through Allied Race or Blood Elf customization.

Also, if you’re against my points and such, don’t name drop me on threads I’m not involved in, that’s incredibly toxic, thanks.

Adding this here as well from my thread to explain why San’layn on the Alliance do not make sense:

^ This is an entire FAQ for multiple arguments, of course, so it also talks about the ‘they are extinct’ idea people have which has not been confirmed by any means, and I explain more in there.

8 Likes

It’s not. Red eyes for void elves make sense, because red is in fact a void color. I support red eyes for both belves and velves, but i admit that void elves are much closer to the vampire fantasy. Look at their hairstyles…

2 Likes

San’layn for the Horde as allied race could be an interesting thing. I think they could be a good allied race for the Horde and not just a customization. Interactions between Forsaken and San’layn could be interesting too.

6 Likes

Agreed entirely. When it comes down to it, I personally want to see them as an allied race above all. There are interesting ways the model could be modified too given the vampyr curse mutagen! And yeah I think those interactions would be so neat.

2 Likes

Posting a few Highborne customization suggestions for Night Elves:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2523296-Highborne-customizations-for-the-Night-Elves-(NOT-High-Elves)

9 Likes

I think with what night elves got my mage looks enough like a highborne alreqdy.

1 Like

If you choose to be a NE mage you’re very much choosing to be a NE who has learned from that handful of elves that lived in a cave like animals before re integrating into NE society? So it’s the students officially no? And past that if someone wanted to RP as something that NE society doesn’t represent (Highborne culture) nor did they re establish Highborne culture, they more or less can RP themselves without infringing on the Nightbornes visual theme.

This will always be the argument I think that said it best.

3 Likes

Lol, it happens to us all when they disagree with what we have to say.

That’s because it’s not true, lol.

Also, I’m happy that your posts keep getting restored as well because they shouldn’t have been flagged to begin with anyway.

3 Likes

I think blizzard can do a better job representing the shen’dralar. They got a hair color associated with dath’remar, the chain necklace, and a hairstyle. The intention was good, but not enough in my opinion.

Azshara skin tone, jewelry and elegant hairstyles still should be added. I really like azshara’s jewelry design, definitely should be a thing for night elves.

7 Likes

I’m not opposed to some more as long as we don’t stray too much into nightborne territory.

:hugs:

Constructive opinions are that regardless if someone else likes what’s being said or not, and the way this thread works it seems important to reiterate ones stances, and everyone does it so its just odd lol, but yeah they were all restored

Whats funny is one of my favorite songs is You Tried It by the City Girls lol I just find it funny

I mean the jewelry that is already on NEs just needs to be turned on for guys, otherwise I feel like it’s reaching for options that NE culture isn’t about representing while infringing on another Horde race and I think Horde fans who valued visual uniqueness of Blood Elves and especially BE fans are going to be very defensive there on Nightbornes Highborne theme, but I agree with your sentiment that it shouldn’t stray in NB territory

3 Likes

I’d like more nature themed jewelry. Metallic leaves/vines would be pretty.

Mostly though, non gender locked options are my priority for nelves. Our pass was great.

5 Likes

What’s so weird about this to me still is that a lot of Alliance players and Night Elf players until recently made fun of Nightborne, Nightborne customizations, etc. and now that we are getting some new stuff and some fixes they want our eyes, our customizations, etc. it’s kind of ironic especially when you take into account that Night Elves already have the second most customizations of all the playable races currently in the whole game.

2 Likes

People get frustrated because NE males are often seen as a joke. They have very little options aside from one “okay” face.

People aren’t so much here for wanting what someone else has as they want more in general that doesn’t look frumpy and ancient.

Comparing these, the textures in general look as if they’re from entirely different games.

6 Likes