Why the lack of Customization?

Is our new mage trainer in Orgrimmar just gameplay device or whats the status there it’s a named NPC iirc blue eyes I wonder if a High Elf who returned to Quel’thalas

1 Like

Then count nothing as canon. “Gameplay devices” exist for others, but not for us I guess. No wildhammer dwarves. No sand trolls. No Grimtotem. Etc.

As for the other response, well it seems I just can’t see it due to

3 Likes

well according to them blue eyes means high elf so its not a blood elf. high elf mage trainer in SW and org :thinking:

sorry devs never support your claims. idk what else to say. that elves are only coming to SW to seek out the void elves implies if void elves never existed those elves wouldnt be there either

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with what’s in SW to that extent tbh but it does make sense the portal room is a gameplay device.

Class trainers I am curious about I took notice of the new blue eyed mage trainer in Orgrimmar since I think Softsong pointed it out

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure, tbh. Their eyes tend to take on the type of magic they’re working with, right? Both void elves and blood elves came from the same people. They began to work with other types of magic, and with more usage we got the felblood elves (and other variants), though of course I’d want to be certain before I argue a point I don’t fully recall.

Them both getting new eye/hair colors aside from gold was unintended iirc, and with overwhelming requests from players, they were implemented. So for the sake of the fabled “rp tools” I’m inclined to support blood elves getting their old colors back, after heavy use of fel magic being withdrawn from their lifestyle.

Anyway, I still think everyone deserves more options to play what they want to play. As we’ve seen, the original races didn’t get much of anything, while allied races are getting their fixes atm. We still have many awaiting heritage armor and minor fixes. Seeing as blood elves were the last to receive model updates in general, they’ll sadly, but probably be some of the last to receive bigger updates as well. Just looking at the probable outcome, here.

The overall tone from “anti high elf” players is just overbearing, altogether. More for everyone is a win. And yes, this includes blood elves. Because I still love them.

4 Likes

So you agree that Void Elves are High Elves, since Void Elves had Blue Eyes originally before the customizations.

7 Likes

Wow, that hurt xD

Indeed. I would suggest Blizzard to have a dedicted team working exclusively on character customizations, including heritage armor and weaponry. We should all receive small character updates every patch, I think it’s something that shouldn’t take too much time from them, but ofc I don’t know how they work or how they organize their workflow.

3 Likes

Not that I disagree with you here, but there has to be some extent to something that also works within the lore also to receiving something too. (I could be wrong here), but everything that has been added, has worked to something which isn’t against the lore, such as Sand Trolls > Darkspear Trolls, High Elves > Blood/Void Elves, Wildhammer Dwarves > Bronzebeard Dwarves.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Yes… I’ve seen many “very pregnant death knight” rpers and other… very questionable combinations in my time… definitely agree lmao.

2 Likes

I agree.

Which is why I personally would rather see Undead Elf stuff go to Undead instead of Blood Elves. Regular-skinned Void Elves make sense within the lore - I’m not so sure Undead Blood Elf Paladins yelling “Remember the Sunwell!” make sense. Which is why DK Blood Elves have unique emotes too.

But again, I’m not going to negate others’ suggestions and wants simply because I disagree with them. I’m indifferent if they end up being Blood Elf customizations. If that makes people happy, I’m happy as well! :hugs:

2 Likes

Wait, you joined the Night Fae on a DK?

https://i.redd.it/0sns9nsfqm161.png

1 Like

Honestly you can get kind of close! Undead have a plethora of potential options.

2 Likes

Forgot to reply to this but I really liked your points, and I too am in favor of Nightbornes Highborne theme not being infringed on in any way, and hope for unique options that fit NB and their Highborne culture and the Night Elves and their lowborne nature stuff

3 Likes

I love the alpaca mount LOL

2 Likes

lol! <3 I got so excited about the forsaken options when they came out and this mount just looked… nice. My undead priest looks a little tiny bit different now, but it just worked.

4 Likes

You do know that Highborne just means “upper class” of the Night Elven culture. And that Nightborne are a different race.

Gosh, always acting like you’re more entitled to everything.

6 Likes

It’s off topic but the design choices of regular players really distracts me.

A culture which the Kal’dorei Resistance were against of, and made their own rules after the War of the Ancients.

However, the Shal’dorei, still obey and follow the rules of the Kaldorei Empire, which means, division of the people by their nobility, even though the Shal’dorei are “different” race now, the Shal’dorei are the last of the carriers of the Quel’dorei culture of the Kal’odorei Empire.

Remember the words of Elisande in the gates of Nighthold?

Elisande says: Each of you has debased your proud lineage. Each of you has forgotten the ancient power that is our birthright.

Implying to the fact that the Shal’dorei stayed true to their nature, may it not be physically, but the loyality to the rules of the EMPIRE.

Moreover,

Lady Vashj says in Serpentshrine Cavern: We are the Highborne, and the time has come at last for us to retake our rightful place in the world!

By your logic, Naga have no right to call themselves a Highborne too, as they are no longer Night elves.

5 Likes

Congrats on getting the false flags restored! Blizzard really needs to do something about people who do that. I know they tried it on me when I spoke the absolute truth on a poster’s toxicity above, but mine got restored too.

Anyway, I’m very hopeful for Vulpera druids still :fox_face: . They were the most interesting allied race addition, I feel, and could use some love.

3 Likes

Was a bit odd to see but it’s neither here nor there I guess, certainly always proves the “it’s the antis who mass flag” sentiment that gets repeated to be wrong.

They were my favorite next to Zandalari, I can’t think of a more deserving race for the slot so I am glad we got them, I would love Druids but I’m not too hopeful and I’m okay if they don’t but like… yeah

Vulpera def need hairstyles too

3 Likes