Why the lack of Customization?

I also don’t care because folks making suggestions or even BEs getting more Light themes doesn’t take anything from me. I don’t even play off the Light theme, it’s just lame. The only plus is that it’s color theme is yellow and yellow is the best color.

Felblood is my favorite. I remember doing SW and wanting it to be an option for BEs almost immediately. It would also introduce Kael’thas fanaticism to the Horde that I think would be neat.

3 Likes

I feel like the dark ranger route would fit the best. I do think we should just get several new things to add to existing themes (farstriders, arcane, etc) to make up for not really getting anything new, as well as a second visual theme. I want all new options to be exclusive to belves, with void elves getting their own things later.

7 Likes

Purple disagrees with you!

1 Like

Dark Rangers are Undead High Elves and Blood Elves. Blood Elves are High Elves. Undead High Elves are physically the same as Undead Blood Elves. There’s no difference. I can’t see why people can’t fathom them having a connection to Blood Elves, especially considering what Velonara said of her and the other dark rangers. And there’s Lorash, a blood elven Dark Ranger. Remember the guy Malfurion decapitated? There’s literally NO reason to not implement them.

It’s kind of funny really. Most of the people dead against Dark Ranger customizations are wielding, essentially, the same arguments once used against them for implementation of high elf customization for Void Elves. Note that I’m not against these options at all. I’m happy for my friends who really wanted high elf options on the Alliance. I’m just saying this isn’t a valid argument.

I’ve seen people argue that “Dark Rangers are a forsaken thing” at the same time other people are like “Don’t ruin the forsaken”, “No more elves”, and the very understandable argument that adding a toggle would have the forsaken overrun with “hot undead elves.” Then I’ve seen Blood Elf players not want what they perceive as the pretty, pristine race be tarnished with Dark Rangers. Or lore. Considering that Sandfury trolls are enemies with the Horde and Dark Trolls consist of one last individual, I don’t think lore can be used against them.

You literally can’t win. I don’t think a fairly significant number of people should be denied an option they’ve been asking for for years because a group of people doesn’t want them and won’t use them. I wouldn’t think anyone would want to deny others options based on what they and other don’t like when the very same issue could prevent them from getting what they want.

9 Likes

Not sure what this means?

Light hearted joking in regards to you saying yellow is the best color!

Ah, well. Your opinion is wrong and you now have an enemy for life.

2 Likes

Thats fair, I like the Velonara route the best, because of the Sylvanas fan I am, and I also can’t stand Kael I’m more of a Lorthemar fan but its neither here nor there, 100% respect to any second visual theme Blizzard gives BEs.

I mean, yellow can be second best.

#Avariewantedpurple

The deciding factor

1 Like

I legitimately think Sanlyan (I’m 99% I will butcher that name until the end of WoW) is a pretty good one to branch off of. They have a classic BE theme to em that I at least appreciate em for.

Though I do enjoy the idea of expanding on the phoenix theme a lot myself because the colors would be amazing.

7 Likes

Do we get Void Elf Paladins because they get Vampire Paladins? It’s the same level of absurdity.

It actually doesn’t, sadly. The exact same reason that people gatekeep Void Elves from having an aesthetically clashing class is the reason they don’t have them already.

San’layn also failed to join the Horde in BFA. Tried. And failed. And betrayed them at the end.
They’re more likely to get Dark Rangers at this point, but even then that completely clashes with paladins.

Definitely wouldn’t mind this even if we didn’t end up getting San’layn. I think there are some super neat ideas with this, to be honest, and love the art that’s been shared lately on it.

Plus… covenant wing mounts… please x.x

4 Likes

I’ve only seen the BE heritage weapon concept pieces, have folks done phoenix inspired artwork as well? :eyes:

1 Like

There’s various ideas tossed around in the blood elf thread, but not…model stuff as much?

Stuff that hasn’t been visualized quite yet is the hair thing. People are sharing ideas on phoenix ombre hair colors, possibly glows or runes as well for blood elves, which would be super cool. I think I said a fiery glow (fire mage) for blood elf eyes as well. Tattoos related to it as well. Maybe glowing like coals.

8 Likes

https://media.allure.com/photos/5b081f20ca53b936bc41eb48/master/pass/derek%20cash%20blue%20phoenix.png

https://assets.rbl.ms/21580361/origin.png

Kind of stuff could be cool and it would definitely be unique looking.

LFD got cheek armor (and I love it) so maybe BEs could get some of their own that is phoenix inspired.

https://cdn.inprnt.com/thumbs/82/dc/82dcd76b34b628155b4659bdcfbc383c.jpg?response-cache-control=max-age=2628000

I’m not 100% if Blizzard would do a charcoal look due to Dark Iron, but it would need to be a must if they build off the phoenix theme.

3 Likes

I was just looking at the LFD new customization’s on the PTR and thought the same to be honest. Glad their there, and will definitely use some of them for my characters. But at the same time, “basic” or even “obvious” seems like the word to describe most of what’s been added.

1 Like

I love all these ideas, yeah! That’s glorious! Also fair point about DID. Blood Elves could lean toward lighter colors, I guess, though I hope for variety. Sort of like a brighter fire than lava, more of a ‘forest fire’ than ‘melted rock fire’. Honestly, there could even be some blues in there for blue fire, a blue fire glow. All depends really, the world is the limit.

…why’s there no blue firehawk mount.

10 Likes

Splinter-group of goblins joining the Alliance. Wouldn’t be so bad, they are the better Gnomes.

Too many elf-players to call it a faction war. It’s more of an elder’s retirement home where people fight each other out of boredom.

It’s the other way around. The Alliance hasn’t gotten anything interesting at all.

• Void Elves - nothing somebody asked for. Could have been easily the Broken
  • LFD, should have been given to the Horde as the Eredar
  • HMT, should have been given to the Alliance
  • NB on the Horde is absolutely acceptable.
  • Dark Ion Dwarf/Mag’har Orcs make sense to be playable on their sides
  • Kul Tiran, a human option as it’s own unique AR.
  • Zandalari Trolls are the winners and something what Troll-players have been asking for since Mists of Pandaria
  • Mechagnomes fit the Alliance but should have been just an update to the original race. Another wasted Alliance slot. Should have been the Sethraks.
  • Vulpera were asked and requested.
4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

It is completely like this tbh

2 Likes