Why the lack of Customization?

/hug you’re allowed the hugs, yes ^^ The fire is starting to spread and I have stuff to do besides argue whether ‘people disagree with me on the forums and hurt my feelings’ is the same as stalking.

3 Likes

So, anyone know if they’ve commented on when do they plan to do the rest of the ARs?

Seeing as we have a release date now and only the Legion related ARs have gotten more customization’s. Granted Nightborne needed it, but Kul’Tirans and Mag’har are fairly lacking as well.

4 Likes

Probably in batches with patches. 9.1.5 looks focused on all Legion AR. Prolly BFA ones next.

2 Likes

I don’t think light is a theme for belves enough to center them on it too much. I am not opposed to some light based stuff for people who want their pallies and priests to be devout types, but the whole of the race should not be forced into the theme.

6 Likes

Wasn’t an attack on you or anything, and you’re free to have the opinion it’s a good idea of course <3 I just come off strongly because, well… it’s a strong opinion. Others will see differently than me though.

As for me, back in BC, blood elves turned to darker magics like fel to survive. We’ve learned that it depends on the person using it for morality, however. But I liked how they had nuance and weren’t built as ‘mary-sue’ like Blizzard seems to try and do with anything that wields the light. Sure, they made LFD ‘scary fanatics’ in some fashion, as well as scarlet crusade, but the actual nuance there is very far and in between.

I like how blood elves deviated from the ‘pretty perfect’ elves that are in common myth. Demon Hunters did a great job expanding on the darker side at least, as did Death Knights. I want to see more monster-sides of elves, like felblood or San’layn.

I’m not opposed to the light being a theme of many, but… it would make me lose interest completely if it was the singular theme they decided to expand upon for blood elves, unless they made undead elves their own allied race.

Yes, this exactly! I just fear BLizzard will shove them into a box and be lazy, basically.

4 Likes

Nightborne still need work. :frowning:

2 Likes

As long as my character could use the customizations like the golden eyes, I wouldn’t be against it but like I said in my other post about it I don’t want to shaft the Blood Elves into just that theme for people that don’t want it or like it and because our race has so many other themes we can dip into as well.

2 Likes

Cool.

San’layn for void elves. <3

Who said anything about the entire race being forced into a theme? Adding light-based options would be…optional. The Blood Elves draw power from the Sunwell, a source of light and arcane energy. How’s that not enough reason to at least have SOME of that represented in their aesthetic?

Long as it’d be in a group of other customizations like fel and blood, I’d be fine with it. But just that… yeah, hence my post. Like I said, I don’t trust them to actually add a variety.

3 Likes

I find a second visual theme to offset the loss of visual uniqueness more important than any bias I have for my favorite route (which is the DR stuff / Sanlayn) I know for Dark Ranger Velonara she remarks her kin are sindorei and forsaken both, and the options would be easy to add.

Light / Felborne stuff I like far less but I support any route Blizzard takes to give a second visual theme I think its more important on principle to offset the loss of visual uniqueness to give VEs a second visual theme.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, the Light is as interesting as humans. It’s dull.

4 Likes

I don’t think it should be limited to just priests or pallies since the eyes aren’t anyway.

I’m not opposed to some light theme stuff, I just wouldn’t want it to be the only thing, or even the majority.

4 Likes

The kind of ideas ive seen have been like light hair aspects? So like the void elf hairs turned into light tentacles, and light stuff idk like mana hands but with light?

Again this isn’t me saying this is my favorite route (I said what that is and ive always been clear on what my favorite route to get a second visual theme is) but I wouldn’t disregard the options, I think a second visual theme is what’s important.

1 Like

All I majorly wanted was the squinted eyes to at least be more like the NPCs.

And we got that, no complaints here personally. :man_shrugging:

I want better faces still. The new ones for women all still have pretty harsh lines to them, goofy expressions, or both.

2 Likes

I made a list of the developer’s shortcomings regarding the Nightborne here. I’d post it here but I don’t want to inconvenience people here with the scrolling.

I think to someone who has a passing interest in Nightborne, the new additions might look major, but if you take a closer look they’re kind of basic.

8 Likes

I mean you could do that. I’m just saying, expanding on more Light stuff would be a shame for the cool ideas BEs could have expanded on. The Light is just…so lame in this game imo.

1 Like

Basic and disappointing and not at all what nightborne players deserve.

4 Likes

Also some LFD fans take issue with light theme BEs have if they expand on them to the extent thats required for a second visual theme and I get it, after losing visual uniqueness its hard for me to care but like I get it.

I agree with you its not my favorite route for that reason but I’m someone who finds the importance with a second visual theme to offset the loss of visual uniqueness, as much as I want Dark Ranger stuff that I think can be worked with the way Velonara voices her view of sindorei being her kin as much as forsaken like im not hung up on that as much as the former I guess or the second visual theme I mean.

Felborne stuff is my least favorite on like my own personal bias but if thats the route then cool.

(if there are other ones idk about or haven’t seen then I’d love to see those ideas too but those are the main ones off the top of my head)

2 Likes