Why the lack of Customization?

Horde still hasn’t even gotten decently tradeoff from the whole Blood Elf to Void Elf and Night Elf to Nightborne trade, I hate to think of anything else from our side being shared to Alliance until we get stuff worth having like more Nightborne improvements/customizations, unique stuff for Blood Elves to compensate for losing so much to Void Elves, etc.

1 Like

I’m just now learning that both Night Elf and Nightborne eyebrows disappear completely when you equip certain helmets. The developers, in their infinite wisdom, didn’t think to downsize the eyebrows to fit with certain headgear. Instead, they just disappear entirely.

Meanwhile Blood Elves eyebrows clip through all sorts of headgear, but at the very least, they don’t disappear.

I don’t think you understand how sharp BE eyebrows are.

They take them off and use them for chopsticks.

1 Like

The Zandalari better start hiding…

Yeah, I’m torn on this (hah) because we all know I utterly hate the faction barrier and deep down really want San’layn as playable on my faction regardless, but at the same time, I entirely get where you’re coming from there and agree. It would feel kinda meh given void elves could be: Void Elves, San’layn, and high elves. Blood Elves would be Blood Elves (which are high elves just renamed) and San’layn. To even things out they could give felblood to just blood elves but that would require tons of work on their part for lore given we’ve not seen them since BC and they’ve never been depicted as deviating from their ways.

In the case of felblood: I’d be more than happy to see more lore on them and a splinter faction though. They need to write it. Woudl not be that difficult.

2 Likes

I wonder if the Felblood, in a sense, are still super loyal to Kael’thas?

4 Likes

Void Elves should never have San’layn, they already have two themes the normal Blood Elf/High Elf theme and the Void Elf void theme, Blood Elves need a second theme and potentially a third theme before they get a third one because we are the parent race and no Allied Race should outshine the parent race.

3 Likes

I had to look this up to clarify…

As per: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Felblood_elf

" The felblood elves are a group of Kael’thas Sunstrider’s most loyal followers"

Then San’layn: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/San’layn
" They used to be among Kael’thas Sunstrider’s greatest followers,[5]"

o.o They are more similar than I thought, I had no idea… huh… I don’t know what to do with this information.

This makes Kael’thas mentioning neither San’layn nor felbloods or asking about his followers all the more frustrating :frowning: They brought back the four horsemen. There’s a chance here for one or both now through him.

7 Likes

Did you see my suggestion on reusing the Covenant Renown system for racial development for the PC? While folks do hate the system, I think Blizzard could refine it to better immerse the players into their race and the history/culture of them. Would also be a good way to introduce more Night Warrior customization scenarios :eyes:

also more heritage armor sets

6 Likes

I didn’t know you made that suggestion!! I had the same idea, “Covenant customization” that would be earnable! I think that people are easing up on the system now that they’re shattering the customization restriction wall too, and making it easy to switch soon. I think it’s an awesome idea, to be honest. I would love to see this in practice.

Did you start a thread on it? I’d love to toss my support in.

And wing mounts…

2 Likes

I did but it quickly died so I wouldn’t worry about it haha. But I do think it’s one of the cool things of SLs that could be brought into the core gameplay.

2 Likes

Aw man I missed it >< Yeah some good threads seem to die and it makes me sad. Also agreed. Earnable customization is something I love the idea of.

3 Likes

Imagine them using the Soulbind system to get you better involved with notable NPCs of your race. Like we don’t need to soulbind, but at least get into their story and what not.

2 Likes

I think Dark Ranger/San’layn options would be cool and very out of ordinary for Blizzard to do, but it’s hard to envision them implementing them for neither Blood Elf nor Void Elf. :expressionless:

Why not explore the Blood Elves’ light/holy aesthetic further to show how they’re opposed to the void of Void Elves? That ability to be a Paladin is something Void Elves will likely never have access to. Maybe the devs should lean into that to differentiate them.

1 Like

I would honestly hate this and do not support this at all myself. Blood Elves don’t suddenly have to be the opposite of void elves. They already lost what made them interesting, making them a mirror of LFD would just make it worse. I don’t want to see my favorite race ruined by the people who are obsessed with the light. The darker side of them is what made them interesting.

I’m definitely perma-gone if they do the light thing exclusively for blood elves. A foil for void elves to be more interesting because of their already terrible lore is a big no from me.

9 Likes

Most of the customizations for these already exist for Blood Elves, even the Wowhead dressing room shows them as useable but only for NPC’s so they could easily copy/paste them to the player files and boom new customizations for Blood Elves.

However I’m not one that’s against dipping into the whole light/holy theme because I personally like it, I just don’t want to shaft anyone else that doesn’t like it or shaft Blood Elves into just one theme when they have so many, holy, fel, arcane, San’layn, Dark Ranger, etc.

3 Likes

Last time I checked, Void Elves does not have Green or Golden eyes.

Yes, and so do Blood Elves. Do people really ignore that part there where the Blood Elves have the High Elven theme of High Elves who were never exposed to the Fel?

Honestly IMO, Both Blood and Void should never receive San’layn.

1 Like

Void Elves shouldn’t have anything we have and vice versa, I have said that from the beginning and I still think it now but here we are.

According to you but it’s not surprising given you are one of the people that pushes for more and more diluting from Blood Elves to Void Elves in the name of playing a High Elf on the blue team because you don’t want to play the red team and Blizzard giving Horde something extremely cool that would draw more players to Horde side that you wouldn’t have would totally bother you even more than us having the actual High Elves so of course you are against it.

2 Likes

Oh wow I’m not getting into this argument right now but will say one thing and one thing only.

Forum drama is forum drama, comparing it to outside of the forums is SUPER yikes. That’s all I’ll say there. People arguing on a forum post and quoting what other people say on the same forums is very different from harassing outside of them.

With that, I’m /heading out, this is about to explode and I honestly don’t have the willpower to argue.

10 Likes

I demand hugs before you leave. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

5 Likes

Damn, I didn’t know that would be received so poorly. :rofl:

I’m a diehard Nightborne fan, so I’m not sure I understand what you mean when you say that Blood Elves lost their darker side to the Void Elves. Could you explain that?