Why the lack of Customization?

Thanks for putting that together Avery :smiley:

I’d like to see more robust eye colors for LFD. Hyperia reminded me of how awesome Aurelia artwork is in MTG. She has a warrioress appeal that Blizzard should consider. Yellow is cool and all but there are a lot of other colors to be explored for LFD. Maybe the radiance of the Light should be explore further :thinking:

https://i.ibb.co/cFYnCv3/aurlia.jpg

Those red eyes and I was talking about sunburst ones in your thread as well. You also discussed the Naaru and how they are beings of the Light but vary on colors. Those are all great colors to explore of the LFD. Being strictly yellow does the race a disservice.

7 Likes

Mag’har orcs need more skin colour options too. Would love the Shattered Hand grey skin with the blood red eyes.

14 Likes

I’d love to look like one of those corrupted pale orcs as well

6 Likes

Yeah and the Glenn Danzig hairstyle lol. They also need to mix and match Mag’har and regular orc hairstyles too, zero reason for not doing that.

3 Likes

For LFD maybe reference the Holy Priest artifact weapon for colors to explore!

2 Likes

Love Aurelia :heart: :heart_eyes:

She definitely represents Red colorations being used for a divine/light based customization well.

This is how they could look with a shade of red hair;

I’d also love to see the color purple on LFD as well, in the same manner shown on their alternate heritage color;

I agree :100: that LFD should have different colorations outside of gold and their pallad colors.

Also adding the Holy artifact appearances for color reference, as Autai did in the other thread;

15 Likes

Yiss, look at all those potential colors!

I would settle on them focusing on the warm colors while focusing on cool ones for Void Elves. They have a fun yin yang going on.

You’re making me want to build an angel deck :confounded:

4 Likes

Yeah colours of the stars, fiery light like fire would be awesome!

They could leave the cold ones for normal draenei too, like the rune that appears when we use the racial.

3 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

I love this list. I’d also love freckles, as well as more skintones that are midrange between the dark and light we have now.

There aren’t really any in between tones, it goes from pale to dark olive and darker olive, and then two dark skins with really warm undertones.

It would be nice to have really dark skins with cooler undertones as well as some tan and midrange colors with both types of undertones.

7 Likes

They also need actual body jewelry that’s not badly painted on. :sob:

3 Likes

This is also why as a Void Elf player, I really like LFD as we’re different sides of the coin, so to speak :hugs:

They’ll be my new go to for Alliance Paladins once the patch drops. My Draenei Pally will be Lightforging ICly.

Oh goodness, I made either a modern or pioneer angel deck revolving around Brisela(the double card Eldrazi angel meld), but it’s been about 2 or 3 years since I worked on it, as War of the Spark felt like the beginning of the end of my Magic era, as the new set system doesn’t please me.

Alas though I also loved the idea of having an angel deck :innocent:

LFD definitely feel like Wows equivalent.

Indeed, there’s lots that can be done with Light/Holy themes!

:hugs:

4 Likes

Lightforged Highlights that actually shine.

With the talbuk, they will be best paladins TBH.

5 Likes

I am so ready for that Talbuk. It’s a thing of beauty and I always thought a Talbuk suited Draenei Paladins better than Elekks, but as a Lightforged Paladin mount is even better :hugs:

7 Likes

:raised_hands:t5:

Agreed

We have 14 skin tones on Blood Elves and 2 are tan ish / olive and 2 are darker like you pointed out.

The other ten are shades of white. There should be varying shades of diversity as well. I can see the different undertones in a lot of the first ten options and it would be nice if they put in that work to the new diversity range they added if 2 varying shades of olive and 2 darker skin tones can be called a range.

6 Likes

Personally I think male Draenei look better on Elekks, while female Draenei look better on Talbuks.

Not sure why, but that’s how I feel xD

1 Like

Probably because males are twice the size.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense!

Yeah male Draenei on Talbuks look way too big, it’s disproportionate.

2 Likes

So they aren’t ‘insane’ just insane and controlled unable to control they’re own bodies and mind. Yeah no, not an excuse for undead pallies, sorry fen.

Ummm… yes there is, one it goes against forsaken culture as they believed the light abandoned them for one (which is why most undead priests are shadow priests)

And 2nd just channeling the light causes them extreme pain and discomfort as it tries to make them feel things again and removes the shadow magic teethering them to their bodies.

3rd is more of a factor of appropriateness, paladins is the anti undead class, it is inappropriate for an undead race to play as one and makes little sense that any of them would want to be one as it brings no value to them.

I like the red a lot too!

Honestly shades of red would go well with the the LFD theme and being holy and whatever. We have holy fire? So flames = red & orange and whatever would be great and make them stand out from the core Draenei race.

Also in regards to Elekk, does anyone else think its funny that Lightforge having Elekk mean that basically at some point they went to Draenor and UFO abducted a buncha Elekk to Lightforge? That’s all I have to add about that.

4 Likes