Why the lack of Customization?

Pink hair for all races, more saturated hair colors for Nightborne, more skintone variety for Nightborne, more eye colors for Nightborne, red eyes and San’layn customization for Blood Elves, void customization for Void Elves including glowy skintones, I could go on and on because I am starting to get quite the list of my own these days. :blush: :blush: :blush:

8 Likes

This so much. :point_up:

3 Likes

This.

If they bring a pass to fix the poor customization legion races had. Then they should put all the work in. Void elves were brought to be playable as void elves for a reason. And so did LFD.

Blizz also said before that they made it easier to add customization, and they have seen the backlash that the lack of it causes.

Doing a halfway job on LFD and velves for arbitrary reasons unrelated to them as a race is simply not fulfilling.

7 Likes

Right. And if folks think I’m going to sit back when Blizzard just needs to do some skin pallet swaps to at least appease my personal requests, well that’s just not going to fly.

3 Likes

Good idea, lets get back on the real discussion.

Here’s my collection of suggestions for ALL races.

With 9.1.5 adding more customization options for Allied Races and the developers being more open to request/ideas I figured it would be a good idea to make a few list of some of the more prominent suggestions for each race.

This is not a complete list of every idea but more of a glossary of common suggestions and concepts on the various directions the developers/artist could go. And I’m not going to get too specific as to give the artist room to work.

Void Elves are currently in a unique spot with recent High Elf themed additions, but they did not receive anything new related to the Void theme yet.

The best path going forward would be to add more Void options, or things that work with both, as well as differentiating them more from Blood Elves.

Void Elf Ideas

Markings/Corruption

• Tattoos/Markings like Alleria Windrunner, in multiple colors, in Void and Non Void Options.
  • Dark Voided Skin/Eye options of some type.
  • Entropic Embrace customizations. Including Changing and Disabling the effects, or making it permanent.
  • Scars/Void Marks.

Tentacles/Hair

• The Tentacle Toggle should add Tentacles for all haircuts in addition to removing them.
  • Options to add/change the effects to Tentacles. (Glowing/Transparent/Corrupted ect.)
  • Void Inspired hair color
  • More hair styles, preferably ones that aren’t greasy looking.

Artwork and pictures

Alleria’s Tattoos
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9NhIwMWYAABDqX.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9L1fMXXEAEkY6D.png

Alleria Tattoo Concept for Void Elves by Keyboardturn
https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1364942239592456193

Hair (by Lu0ren)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-X5nF0XEAYOtkH.png

Nightborne where a well loved NPC race in Legion, but the Player options and appearance fall short of the NPCs and they lack a lot of differentiation.

More things like the glowing hands and more options from NPCs would be welcome additions as well as increasing/improving the customizations available to them.

Nightborne Ideas

Faces/Hair/Skin

• Some Younger/Less Scowly Faces.
  • Face Shape Options.
  • Some Pastel hair colors.
  • Dark Grey Skin Tones like some Nightborne NPCs.

Magical Effects

• Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair like Nightborne NPCs.
  • Felborne Options.
  • Fel Green, Blue, Dark Purple, Magenta and Coral Eye Colors.
  • The ability to match Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair/Tattoo/Eye colors to eye Colors.
  • Brighter Tattoo options.

Accessories

• Arcan’dor themed Jewelry.
  • Bracers/Anklets like Nightborne NPCs.

Lightforged have some good options, but they could use more contrasting options for differentiation from other Lightforge players.

Lightforged Draenei Ideas

• Dark/Obsidian Skin Tones.
  • More Eye Colors.
  • More Tattoo Patterns.
  • Brighter Tattoo options.

Highmountain Tauren got some good things, but they are still a little lacking in some departments. Also it would be neat if there was some options based off each tribe.

Highmountain Tauren Ideas

• More Warpaint Styles.
  • More Face Options.
  • Pure White and Pure Black Fur.
  • Different Accessories based off of Highmountain tribes.

Darkiron Dwarves are pretty well received, but they could simply use more options and some more standout features.

Darkiron Dwarf Ideas

• More Tattoo Patterns.
  • Red/Orange Tattoo options.
  • Burnt/Lava Hands/Feet/Scars.
  • Separate Beard/Mustache options.

Kul Tirans could use some customizations to show their nautical nature a bit more obviously.

Kul Tiran Ideas

• Sailor Arm Tattoos and Back Tattoos.
  • Bigger Beards/Mustache. (Some Pirate Like)
  • More Face Options
  • An Eyepatch as a face customization.

Mechagnomes enjoy some unique customizable body parts but the mechanizations hide legs/boots/gloves so it’s very hard for Mechagnome to look unique from eachother. Separation of options and more colors for parts would greatly help making them more unique from eachother.

Mechagnome Ideas

• More Paintjobs for Mechanical Parts.
  • Additional Mechanized options.
  • Metallic Skin Colors
  • More Eye Colors for Augmented Eyes. (Matching normal eye colors.)

Zandalari are pretty solid, but could use some more regal options to show off their status among the Trolls.

Zandalari Troll Ideas

• Larger Gold Tattoo options with more coverage.
  • Solid Gold Tusk.
  • More Eye Colors.
  • More Jewelry Options.

Not much to say about Vulpera, most are pretty happy. But they too should see more options.

Vulpera Ideas

• More Fur Patterns.
  • More Ear Shapes.
  • More Muzzle Shapes.

Hopefully we can mage Allied Races more vibrant and unique as time goes on.

And for visibility, there are a number of Core Races that could use some work. And all races deserve more options in general. So I will also add some of the more common suggestions for Core Races.

Blood Elves did not get a lot of options that stand out. The jewelry is of limited colors/designs and their hair is very outdated from todays game standards.

There are also several Subraces of Blood Elves that people would like as a playable option and they have not gotten the options to show their races turmoil through battle damage. Not to mention the Runic Tattoos that are on the TBC box art that players have wanted since Blood Elves addition to the game.

There are a few obvious ways that you can add to Blood Elves to improve their identity and variety as well as improve existing options.

Blood Elf Ideas

Racial identity options

• Dark Ranger Options.
  • San’layn Options. (Possibly through a Quest like Nightwarrior.)
  • Felblood Elf Options. (Possibly through a Quest like Nightwarrior.)

Markings

• Rune Tattoos like the Burning Crusade Box Art and Magister Rommath.
  • Scars/Burns and Damaged Ears.
  • Makeup and nail polish. (And pointy nails)

Jewelry Improvements/Fixes

• Allow males to use Jewelry.
  • More colors for Jewelry. For less clashing with armor/outfits.
  • More Jewelry Types. (Chokers, Metal Feathers and Eye/Nose/Lip Piercings, Etc.)
  • Fix the bracelets so they aren’t pixilated.

Hair

• Separate the Tiaras/Headbands from specific hairstyles.
  • Longer/Fancier Hair and Beard/Mustache Styles.
  • Add some more Void Elf hairstyles.

Artwork and pictures

San’layn
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3sMR_rWYAARhFy.png

San’layn concepts by Qualia
https://imgur.com/user/zombiequalia

Dark Ranger
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EezL3cfXYAIGCLY.png

Runic Tattoos
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb3ymP1XkAYJtTh.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUYLeWEXkAQhCvh.jpg

Beards by Naitsade
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec7NW7qX0AAC8yB.png

Beards by Mathptr1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_1uZ0kVUAAPBlh.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_1uaY8UUAYnRkQ.png

Worgen have a unique ability to shapeshift into Human forms, but it feels like this is drawing away from the actual Worgen options that you use the vast majority of the time, also their options are mostly changing fur patterns on similar looking faces.

Worgen Ideas

Hair/Mane

• Larger and more visible Braids/Patches/extensions.
  • More Hair decorations/accessories. (Maybe a small hat or rose for Females)
  • Separate Beard options and add more beard styles.
  • Mane Color Options.

Face/Eyes

• Improve the Heterochromia selection in the menu with Left/Right Eye toggles.
  • Improve the Eye Glow Selection.
  • More Muzzle Shapes and Teeth options.
  • More Ear Selections.

Scars

• Separate scars from faces.
  • More facial Scars and Damaged ears.
  • Large Body Scars/Bite Marks/Claw Marks.
  • Scars Visible in Human Form.

Body

• Dark and Black Fur Colors.
  • Tail Toggle, with varying appearance options.
  • Shaggier Fur options.

Orcs have many different clans and traditions that are still unavailable to them despite being in the lore.

Orc Ideas

• More Orcish Clan Skins, including Blackrock, Dragonmaw, and the like.
  • Dragonmaw Tattoos.
  • Bleeding Hollow gouged Eye options.
  • Shattered Hand Stump. (Equipping a weapon just attaches it to the end)
  • Eyebrow Options for both genders.

Trolls have many different groups that people would like to play and Troll Beards have been a thing in lore since WC3.

Troll Ideas

• Beards for Males!
  • Eyebrow Options.
  • More Troll subrace options, like Forest and Ice Troll.
  • Macular Body options for both genders.

Goblins could use some options to be more flashy, given their races chaotic and reckless nature.

Goblin Ideas

• ‘Bling’ AKA Large Jewelry options for both Genders. (Including Brass Knuckles)
  • Eyebrow Options.
  • Soot Marks from Explosions on face/hands/body.
  • Smoldering Hair options.

Gnomes have an inventive and troubled history and there should be some more options to reflect that.

Gnome Ideas

• Grease Marks on Face/Hands/Body.
  • Afro Hair Styles and an Einstein Styled Mustache.
  • Radiation Scars/Lepper Gnome Skin.
  • A Cosmetic Utility Belt/Backpack.

Draenei could use some more accessories.

Draenei Ideas

• Damaged Horns.
  • More Jewelry and Gem Color customizations.
  • Body Jewelry.

Pandaren lack a lot of options to distinguish themselves from eachother.

Pandaren Ideas

• More Distinct Face shape options.
  • Tail toggle for both genders.
  • Blind Eye options.

Humans could simply use some options decupled and shared across genders.

Human Ideas

• Scars separated from Faces and more Scars added.
  • Necklaces/Piercings for Males.

Undead have a lot op potential to play with the Zombie/Undead theme.

Undead Ideas

• Bolts/Electrodes in the Head/Neck.
  • Large Stitches for face/body.
  • Body Parts with different skin colors.
  • Beards for males.

Night Elves could use a few improvements.

Night Elf Ideas

• Highborn themed Options.
  • Face/Body Rigging improvements.
  • Young Faces for Males.

From this PTR thread.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/customization-suggestions-megathread/1108540

24 Likes

Thanks for the share of your thread so I could go like it as well. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

easter egg fans are officially catered for. now for the real void elf fans, hope you guys get what you want. for me its fangs, claws, tendrils and nzoth eyes. even random whispers from the void

yes i want to be a venom symbiotic monster in harmony with the void

void elves have so much potential. theres literally no need to appropriate more culture from blood elves and its lazy, easter eggs fans will always ask for more from blood elves no matter what as they never accepted TFT or blood elves on horde, lost cause

1 Like

Yes, and his answer included a negative on it, ergo… vagueness.

Don´t complain to me, complain to Danuser cause just like with the Alleria / Sunwell issue and the Golden eyes issue, etc., he merely sproted the most vague remarks and left things to interpretation (heck, let´s go further: he LITERALLY said Chronicles and the Broker book are “biased” and by proxy, unreliable. No lore is cimented since he took the reigns of the storytelling).

He´s literally a blue eyed zombie… I don´t see no abnormal stuff apart from a beard and slightly higher resolution rotten skin.

The same method delivered different results, and not because “special individuals” me thinks.

Also, this still fails to discredit a regular Belf getting raised by the same methods a human was raised looking like a Banshee instead of merely rotten like DKs look. No “special” cameo involved, considering he literally appears already undead in Darkshore with no quest, cinematic nor event involved whatsoever -he literally just appears there-, so your “point” fails even at that, cause when we actually go a nd check we discover the raising itself was done out of camera XDXDXDXD…

Wanna talk about an actual “special” event? Think Nathanos… now THAT one is the real special one.

False too. He got raised the same as the other elves in Darkshore. He should look like a DK, not like a “hunter”.

The actual laughable thing here is you people pretending the Val´kyr check the professional profile of the people they are told to raise and changing the aesthetics accordingly. Now THAT is fanfiction if I´ve seen one.

It is headcanon because nothing in the lore says Talanji will force the Sandfury to ally with the Horde or else, period.

It may come as a novelty for you, but the Zandalari are NOT the “ultimate kings of trollkind”. As far as actual lore is concerned, the Sandfury are enemies of the Horde, enemies of the Darkspear and any player using those skins for their RP is making one hell of controversial claims while at it.

Also, the issue of no more Dark trolls as per canon lore while the devs implemented the skin tones still destroys your argument.

Strict adhesion to Lore is NOT a reason to deny, desquialify or block a particular set of customizations and this has been proven time and time again by Blizzard, period.

I will call a spade a spade if I must, no more and no less.

If you guys don´t like people telling you yout truths to your face you just have to mute and move on, period. But don´t feel surprised whehn we call out your hypocritical behaviour if we see it.

Next time pay more attention to your words AND your behaviour and take care they match, no more and no less.

Literally got it at the same time the Nelves got the Night Warrior eyes… your memory is wrong cause those came in BfA, NOT in Legion.

1 Like

They came in BFA, but you’re incorrect as well, BE got golden eyes in pre-patch for BfA. Night Warrior eyes came in 8.1. There was also no indication Night Warrior eyes were coming by that far in advance either.

So yeah, BEs did get extra customization without having to wait for a tit-for-tat on an Alliance race.

EDIT: I’d consider pre-patch still the ‘older’ expansion.

4 Likes

Yes, albino option for all. I’m not albino, and I don’t personally know anyone who is, but I find it beautiful and in need of representation.

4 Likes

Can the models of the Void Elves can support being the symbiotes of warcraft? If they can then that would be some pretty neat customization but I do think the Void is the right place to see a “warcraft” symbiote.

It could be a transformation race similar to Worgen but based on a void entity. Depending on the faction the non transformed race could even be a void elf.

The Ethereals could even be enemies of this race that requires a host which might add some bits of reason as to why alien space entities would join Azeroth factions.

Wow that’s a nice list of different customizations you compiled there! :open_mouth:

Good job! :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you, my eyes have been hurting for days.

It was actually going to be bigger with more are but I needed a break.

8 Likes

Bigger!? :open_mouth:

It’s perfect as it is now! What else did you want to add?

2 Likes

Mostly art.

I also wanted to make more deliberate segments for each race but some things are hard to group.

Orcs almost got a segment called “Mutilations” for Bleeding Hollow/Shattered Hand stuff lol

10 Likes

I love your list! I would also like some more normal hairstyles! It’s awesome because even if we get hairstyles, it can be used for both high and void elves!

8 Likes

That’s such a nice idea!

We should have a different forum section just to speak about customizations and gather ideas there, cause I feel these wonderful suggestions like yours might get lost among thousands of posts.

I’m sure they’ll come in a future patch :slight_smile:

And I bet most if not all of our future hairstyles will have the option to toggle on tendrils, which would make Void fans happy as well.

Other than that, I’d love tendril colors, tattoos, EE skins or customizable EE, among others.

10 Likes

All I want for Christmas is more monsterous eye colours for Void Elves - including red.

My entire guild is already losing their crap over this guy, but to be able to pull it all together on Alliance would be :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Imgur

My friend’s rolling a Mavis.
Let us open our Hotel.

10 Likes

It is, the only sane undead paladin had no control of his body and hated his own existence.

Also is it really appropriate to have the undead playing as the anti-undead class?

This a rhetorical question of course because that would be a no.

Well Brae, they let the anti-mage race play a mage class, so… typical Blizzard inconsistence.

Let´s all be honest, this probaby has more to do with gameplay balancing than lore. The combos they refuse to implement they probably do out of some obscure balance metric we don´t see but they can see.

Cue my eyes last tuesday.

Btw Drede, you may want to include the “Claw of the phonenix” effect for both feathers and hair and warpaint in the Belf list. And for the love of God, feel free to check Baal´s thread for Forsaken stuff cause those guys need some customization love ASAP.

4 Likes