Why the lack of Customization?

Well we can agree to disagree then, maybe you’ll have the good fortune of discussing it with Mag or Softsong I always think they do a better job at laying out the details. I’m currently trying to recall who I saw advocate for Vulpera having hair bcz they posted examples lol

It sounds like at the end of what ever it is you’re getting at we can agree on this

It really doesn’t, I just meant that if we go by what the devs say we don’t even get the option. Its very limiting.

While they did and it kinda was… was it though?

Honestly the lore really began to solidify as to how everything came to be from that point forward. Its when we really see the seeds of what we have now being planted.

Later they even retconned the Titans involvement in Azeroth considerably to fit that story. (Titan Keepers were the ones doing much of what had once been titan works).

…rambling a bit again, but the point was more that what a dev says is extremely mutable precisely because its a lot of lore over a long time with many people being its custodians.

Backpedal on worgen a bit sure, but this doesn’t change a thing other than a single physical trait and only in some worgen. Thats a far cry from many other things they’ve changed.

Even blood elves not getting the blue eyes wasn’t a retcon so much as finally giving what the devs had already said would happen.

The issue was a dev was contradicting that and after discussion they realized how silly that was.

Devs are mutable. They are poor reflections of the lore and Christie isn’t really a good custodian of the lore (or characters in general, look what shes done to Anduin alone.).

Perhaps I’ve been embroiled in that fight for too long alongside my Worgen brethren.

Many use this exact concept to say Worgen cannot and should not ever get tails.

Many use this to gatekeep something from players who do not deserve that.

I apologize for attributing that to you.

Numbers are not reflective in game of actual populations.

We can’t use that in either direction to say anything about how many are coming or to who.

Its enough to know that High Elves are doing one of a few things. Two of those things are returning to the Blood Elves and finding their brethren in the Telogrus Rift.

There isn’t enough information to be bothering to have a fight over this.

13 Likes

No but we do know per the devs own words HEs on the alliance are few and far between.

So if numbers are not reflective which I agree then maybe their there labeled as an over site until further elaborated on. If we’re ignoring their in game presence then all we have is their words their very few and far between so my question is then maybe their just not accurately labeled in the rift.

Are we taking what’s being shown or aren’t we is my question it becomes so complicated I agree

2 Likes

You are spot on! I know what it feels like for a group to constantly deny my customizations! So why would I do the same for another group who wants something as simple as a tail…? I’m not a worgen player, if they like it then i LOVE it.

14 Likes

Numbers in wow have always been as much as Blizzard needs for the story they’re telling.

If they’re showing a thing its likely a thing that is, regardless of how many they show.

For instance theres what… 8 or so Blood Elves with blue eyes in game right now? But we know from the Cdev and the recent kerfuffle with blue eyes for belves(and velves some) that it is intended.

We can assume then that there are many blue eyed blood elves and with the bit about some high elves returning to Quel’thalas we can assume there are sufficient numbers for that to be pertinent. its not one or two.

Meanwhile we see in the Telogrus Rift that they are journeying there and a dev says that the Void Elves are accepting recruits. (also the scholars.) We can assume then that these are not the few there, but enough to be pertinent.

I imagine most high elves are splitting between Void and Blood and Neutrality. Despite the small numbers they are.

We should take whats shown and understand that blizzard aren’t concerned with numbers when they put in NPCs. What they’re concerned with is that this was enough to note.

They’re trying to show you a story and that story’s beats. They’re not adding a whole lot that is meaningless.

(None of this means though that High Elves are a huge population just that Blizzard keep a soft viewpoint on population rather than a hard one.)

6 Likes

Right but the suggestions would be their returning home to Quel’thalas as the added lore to compliment story for additions to the main visual theme of the Blood Elves.

Even if there are very few left to add to VEs numbers like you say don’t matter anyways and the VEs are supposed to be a small squad, so any addition is an addition to them I would imagine no matter how small, and we as players suspend disbelief as we play because again we don’t reflect numbers, just like our RP tools don’t reflect the main theme of the race etc

And further I don’t see the RP tool aspect for second visual themes as a bad thing, but this lore addition of story for HEs pertains to lore added for BEs main visual theme and story so it seems rather pertinent for me to comment on

2 Likes

Oh no, not at all! Nothing to apologize for.

I know my stance is complicated to explain/understand here. I’m neurodivergent after all xD

God yes, I’d love for High Elves (if not all, a few of them) to join the Void Elves.

Ideally some SC agents that are interested in the Void could join as well.

:octopus:

3 Likes

Yeah, those empathetic with the Void Elf banishment, seeing the hypocrisy of the exile with the history of their own peoples own banishment. :eyes:

5 Likes

Makes even less sense that High Elves who took issue with BC era BEs find a newfound love of VEs but that’s just me.

People love to say VEs are even edgier than BC era Blood Elves and I agree, furthermore we also have it suggested High Elves that didn’t take the Blood Elf name are interested in returning home.

Just something to keep in mind as discussion of added lore is happening I think. I for one would value RP tools if they gave them for BEs in a second visual theme but with the situation of all of us starting at Exiles Reach, and their emphasis on you decide your character I recognize they would be just that RP tools, not reflective of the story moving forward to the extent that’s being spoken for VEs second visual theme and RP tools.

4 Likes

Anyways…

Blizzard you guys should strongly consider looking at the Man’ari from Legion:
https://imgur.com/GQsfwPw

And add those fel looking parts as holy light parts for the LFD. Also give me the abs. Do also notice the pigment shift from purple to black on the limbs. Consider this but maybe light themed as well.

There’s a lot of playing around for the LFD theme that I don’t feel like you guys are doing justice.

7 Likes

Can’t wait till we inevitably reconnect with the legion and have the Man’ari beg velen to take them back so we can get red skin and warlock classes.

There’s no way this game remains stagnant for so long that they keep classes locked in races permanently.

5 Likes

I’d love Manari skins :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not against that at all, though I always assumed we’d get the Man’ari through either Demon Hunter being added or with them going Horde.

Also I want rogue and warlock Draenei so badly…

I think wow is overdue for adding some classes across the board. (Though I’m still of the opinion we should not have every class for every race.)

4 Likes

With how fast we continue to nose dive into the cosmology, followed by people’s requests for every sort of class on races that don’t already have them, (Undead Paladin, BE Druid, VE Paladin, Draenei and Tauren Rogue…etc.)

I can’t see them keeping the restrictions indefinitely in the future, other MMOs are already like this, it’s only a matter of time before Blizzard feels the pressure, and with Shadowlands’ reception, I’m suspecting they already are.

3 Likes

If they don’t go Horde and become just a customization for Draenei…I would hope they would be class locked ‘’‘cultural’’’ options.

5 Likes

This greatly depends if they still want to play the Blue VS Red narrative which failed miserably with Battle for Azeroth. It would make sense giving the Horde red Draeneis but they should also interact on a friendly basis with the Alliance-players.

It is clear that the current developers cannot maintain a faction war, neither a story nor a player divide without ruining the minority group while pushing their own faction to no end.

2 Likes

I kind of feel the same way but at the same time I don’t because I want Warlocks of every race, I mean sure there’s some race/class combinations that would bug me like Void Elf Paladin or anything Demon Hunter that’s not an elf but like anything else after the uproar of people getting bothered by every race being every class no one would care like care what someone else is playing anymore.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest. I think every race that doesn’t yet have them should have monks and rogue, and I think every race should have warlock.

Rogues and monks are just something that everyone should have just because of how they are in wow.

Warlocks cause they’re literally going against (most) societies on purpose…

Eh. Not sure if that’s good or bad honestly.

(I still want some limitations)

Gw2 let’s everyone be everything even though they changed some lore to make it work and while yeah no one cares what race you are, it is nice to be able to make your own story.

4 Likes

Man’ari Eredar Warlock would be so cool.

:drooling_face:

4 Likes

I want to see the Rise of the Wakeners again. A group of Draenei who turn to Fel like the first Wakeners but choose to use it to fight for Azeroth and their people rather than personal power.

A Draenei twist on it.

Again though no issue with man’ari ones either.

I just like that Wakeners story. Lol

5 Likes