Why the lack of Customization?

this must be how people who actually like void elves, their aesthetic and themes, felt when they got normal blood elf options instead of things that actually make sense and reflect the void. i get it. totally get how you guys feel now

I’m not interested in the customization I mentioned. High elves don’t appeal to me. I’m just saying what I’ve seeing them say, along with fans of the void in void elves. Void elves need more lore too and it’d be nice to see that as well.

6 Likes

I could be wrong since I mostly just play Worgen / Nelf / Velf, but it feels like the tentacle toggle is the first major customization thing we’ve gotten on Alliance after requesting it heavily, and it turned into the biggest trainwreck around customization I’ve ever seen in any MMORPG. Maybe the Nelf tattoo colours? Doesn’t feel as impactful though.

edit: oop, worgen / human customization split. we did actually get one.

I’m massively annoyed at how nelf dark rangers were handled so I just overall don’t want nelf dark rangers playable for either side.

Now if they had fought sylv’s control and formed a squad in darkshore to take her out, I’d like them far more.

Blood Elves lost visual uniqueness to give Void Elves a secondary theme for RP tools and I just don’t think if Horde gets a second visual theme on one of their core races it should then immediately be coupled in gifting that as well to the Alliance.

4 Likes

I am hoping belves will get the options, I won’t be pushing for them for nelves.

4 Likes

Draenei tails was actually a big one too. And leaves for night elves hair (hahaha WTF why you people want to look like hobos)

The Devs think they are clever and made something “meaningful” with the Teldrassil scars and things. As if anyone wanted to make homage to that trainwreck of storyline.

LFD getting horn jewelry is insulting for normal draenei since it was their biggest request since like WoD.

Oh yeah the nelf dark ranger thing was insulting to nelves, they should never be playable or relevant ever again.

(then again, what hasn’t been insulting to nelves in the last decade?)

1 Like

Agreed.

That and San’layn options in my opinions in my case.

I’m pretty apathetic to what the alliance gets, but they should not exclusively get vampyr options, and I stand firmly by that. They have void elves, and they have the option to be high elves. Undead elves, including and especially San’layn, should go to Blood Elves or be their own Allied Race playable on the Horde/neutral. Not just for the alliance.

8 Likes

Elves are the eevees of WoW after all. :stuck_out_tongue: There’s a type of elf for every type of magic. Still think the fal’dorei would have been awesome.

Ah yes! Felblood elves, along with Dark Rangers, are another popular request among Belf fans and customizations would represent what seems to be a faintly lingering aspect of the race. More nods to their magical affluence are a must. Blood Elves aren’t just pretty faces, they’re adept fighters and survivors I’d like customization to reflect that via scars, tatts, and damaged ears.

That’s why many fans felt underwhelmed with Belf’s pass because the majority of our new customization was jewelry and felt like Blizzard’s attempt to stereotype them. I think some light options would be nice for the Blood Elves devoted to the light.

There is so much potential for every race in game it’s not funny. Look at all the cool stuff Blizz could do.

I think this would please a lot of people. I know I’d be pleased as I love perusing new customizations when they’re implemented in game.

You go kick those shins.

6 Likes

Agreed entirely! Plus it’s been suggested on the threads many times over for Blood Elves, so it would work. Supposedly it could go to void elves as well, but not exclusively. Though I do sort of lean to ‘no’ like the others since they also have void elves, and it gets tiresome when they want everything horde gets too.

2 Likes

I definitely support san’layn options for the horde!

6 Likes

The Horde has a race composed of different visual themes dude. Mag’har. Whatever fits a race is good, and won’t hurt.

We are not exactly swimming in customization here. WoW is pitiful.

1 Like

that makes more sense tbh. alliance can have the monster elves except the forsaken ones obviously

1 Like

Anything for Void Elves further down the line should dip into the void aspect of Void Elves which isn’t San’layn or Blood Elf/High Elf stuff it’s, it’s own thing.

9 Likes

Belves need the BC tattoos from the box, those looked so good, and floating orbs like kael, and actually long hair. They also need green gems as rings, collars, hair jewelry and so on. This is what lore belves wear.

2 Likes

So in the case of High Elves already existing as a core Horde race, the idea isn’t that wows state of options are pitiful it would be people didn’t want to play their rightful faction.

In the case of a hypothetical second visual theme to compensate BEs for the loss of that visual uniqueness it shouldn’t then go right back to the Alliance.

2 Likes

That’s a reasonable suggestion to add more new male night elf face options that are younger and not angry looking. I do understand not wanting the face you’re using changed. They changed the face I used on my warrior (who is also a male night elf) for the worse during WoD and I wound up changing it. It’s better to add more face options than change existing ones.

2 Likes

Agreed. Seems like people are just asking for it on void elves exclusively to be petty and I’m super tired of it. Especially one party does it for purpose of being petty (which they admitted quite literally), and the other one I’ve considered a troll for a while.

I honestly wouldn’t care if it went to both. But definitely not the alliance exclusively. And if it goes to both, might as well give blood elves void options. It’s like we’re not even allowed to ask for something distinct to blood elves, certain void elf players want to take even more now.

Edit: Also imagine being given a void theme for a thalassian elf and turning around to immediately beg for a completely different theme that should be on the horde after people have been asking for them on the horde for years?

5 Likes

Not sure regarding Night elf fans, but as a Blood elf fan with heavy investment on their lore, I would absolutely use scars and damaged ears as a memento to WC3:TFT.

I hate that notion the Belves can only be Barbie airheads with no males (in reference to MUH jewerly with only green gems available). I hate when people tries to reduce the race to “Lightforge fanatics” -with the due respect of the Velf fans that desire to reduce the Belf race to “fodder of MUH fav race”, this is BS. As per actual canon lore the Belves sans Liadrin aren´t terribly devoted. I despise that notion they must become even more Alliance lite to appease goth wannabes-. I detest when they too try to force only the Fel “niche” as if the race hadn´t evolved since TBC intro.

The Belves fulfill several themes as per their lore, the less people tries to limit their customization, the better. I don´t go and tell Nelf players they can´t ask for Highborn stuff, why should they come here to tell me I can only play as “demon wannabe” or “long eared human wannabe” or “lighforged wannabe” or GTFO?

Talk about real gatekeeping…

I attached myself to insane proportions to the idea of Blood Magic via the Dark Animus precisely because it seems the ONLY thing Velf players can´t authomatically demand to be given. We ask for runic scarifications ala TBC artbox? some of them demand those and their “genuis” proposal is to LIMIT our color options (/rofl) so they can poach at their convenience. We ask for Undead thalassian zombie stuff? they come with ridiculous reasonings why they should get the undead zombie stuff too -as if “not managing to seal a deal” with the Horde were more outrageous than literally getting killed by the Alliance, Lmao-.

Frankly, red eyes and stuff explained via Blood Magic irradiation seems the ONLY chance to get something unique they can´t jump to demand too.

Dear, this was but obvious after the Sylvanas Warbringers cinematic. First big outright and in the open LIE they told the players was exposed then.

In regards to posters that don´t even play a Belf telling us what is the “customizations Belves should get”… not you per se, but related to well known trolls in this thread and the Belf thread.

4 Likes

Yup!
I want them to expand on the gothic and dark elements of the race. We got helfs, it’s time to move on.

When it comes to subraces, I always feel they need to be something that can expand on the base kit of the “parent”, and stuff like bat ear shapes and bigger fangs builds on the void elf kit heavily, and can be used without it being san’layn.

Also vampires on a faction where all the elves are night theme is just funny.