Why the lack of Customization?

Ok. Why is my request bad though?

I don’t want to lose the faces I’ve had for years.

Linxy, if the option comes up to keep the scowling faces for ngiht elves (or even Nightborne) is there any chance we can get the “updated” faces as new faces for those who may have grown attached to their old ones?

Thank you.

Every time you remind me this exists I die.

This is so nice.

Thats not a bad idea either. Actually I kinda like that the most. lol

7 Likes

Toggle. Please.

2 Likes

[quote=“Oldd-moon-guard, post:4659, topic:1067460, full:true”]

See you thought I was a troll and here we are able to find a common ground.

But can the non dark ranger nelves kick the dark rangers in the shins for following sylvanas though?

1 Like

[quote=“Fezzy-draenor, post:4660, topic:1067460, full:true”]

I’m used to people absolutely crapping on most any suggestion given.
My apologies.

I’m just a grouchy old man at this point not used to being able to actually have a proper conversation anymore, and get defensive way too quickly. :sob:

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s the case. A lot of things get censored because of China.

So I’m glad their dumb laws are killing gaming there, companies will have to start actually catering to the west or other countries in asia who are not as authoritarian.

I mean you can say that horde being villains is bad and whatever but storywise the alliance is beyond f’d anyway, no need to be villains for that. You and I both know how they managed to even ruin Elune.

But that’s the least important thing.

From giving us all horses to the point it became a meme. To immediately nerf any racial that might make the alliance outstanding (DiD in one tier) compared to years that takes to fix horde.

To taking a decade to fix the fem worgen , to keep our models still broken yet constantly give feedback about the horde races to the players.

They literally made new tech for the nightborne glowing hands. Tech they didn’t even bother for Lightforged, the Light race.

And even if you like MechaGnomes and Kul’tirans. Will you really pretend the alliance at large actually didn’t want them from the get go? or that gnomes with different limbs is an idea on par with actually making an entirely new race for the horde?

As I said before, in BFA when H Darkshore came out the alliance had it in US and Horde in EU.

Alliance got all the items including gold from vendoring them removed. Horde? yeah no, they got to keep it , gaining an immediate advantage.

Is not perception and when you see just the level of attention and actual tangible results. It can’t be just “oopsie doopsie we f’d the alliance” every single time and “whoopity doo, we did this nice thing for the horde” as well by accident.

I’m not going to pretend hordes have everything they want or that they don’t need more, because frankly, in wow, no one does, the customization, etc… is pitiful. But the loopside is real and clear.

That’s the idea! Everyone should win and be happy. Thank you, I like you too.

I think a neat questline would a great way to unlock these options. It would actually make it feel like the toon you’re earning it on is becoming a Dark Ranger.

I would actually quite enjoy that, perhaps not as much as a true distinct class, but it would be an acceptable compromise paired with the customization options.

Gotta find them first! Dark Rangers can seamlessly blend into the shadows and considering these Dark Rangers are Kal’dorei double that ability.

1 Like

As an aside, I still don’t think they “fixed” fem worgen.
I will never stop pointing out how they still don’t have their hairstyles or ability to change mane colour.

Once we have even just some of those back, I’ll consider them passable. But for now, they have some of the least customization out of core races.

Some of the stuff they did get in SL was pretty big, but the hair thing is a huge issue.

I want a second visual theme on BEs now more than ever considering Void Elves have two visual themes one at Blood Elves expense of visual uniqueness, I’d almost rather not have DRs if it was just turned into gifting that same thing back to the Alliance.

Even if they went to Forsaken I still wouldn’t want to see that going to the Alliance as a tit for tat because what was the tit for tat exchange for Blood Elves loss of visual uniqueness?

3 Likes

A “Night Warrior” questline for Dark Rangers & San’layn would be really neat, and it would provide some great lore too. I wish we had that for every subrace option, it would be ideal.

9 Likes

I have no more like today, so just know that I’d liked this post if I could. Yes! We need more ways to introduce and earn customization. Some players don’t play for numbers and the growing amount of people who love customizing their characters proves it.

5 Likes

Customize night elves into not being poor.

Agreed. I left for FFXIV I will admit, but may come back someday, if things improve. (Still waiting on that sub to go out, but wanting to contribute here while I can.) I was blown away by the customization & housing in that game. Given that I feel strongly about WoW, I’m hoping I can see what we’ve pushed for since 2018 coming to fruition.

3 Likes

I hope so too.

1 Like

The idea of long quest chains in game to unlock customization, akin to allied races but for the parent races, has always appealed to me.

We’re mostly talking about elves with this because they have a lot of subrace potential, but it’d be cool to attach one new subrace to every elf parent through a system like this, especially because their choices are either very obvious picks, or would help fix some issues.

Blood Elves would get Dark Rangers (alongside a customization pass with a heavy light/arcane theme to mirror Void Elves.) through a quest about the remaining Dark Ranger forces, and I would actually argue Felblood elf traits would be cool too after investigating those still heavily dabbling in fel.

Night Elves would also get their Dark Rangers, potentially with them going home after something happening in the Shadowlands easing their pain or something. We can check in on Mordent and get arcane tatoos too.

Nightborne could easily find remnants of their old kin in hiding unlocking Felborne customization for them, which they should have likely had from the start.

And I’m that guy that keeps pointing out San’layn aren’t Horde, and Umbric could easily recruit a last-standing clutch into his forces after being rejcted from the Forsaken after what Dreven did, giving bat ears and a couple new redder skin options for void elves since… they honestly don’t need much to look aesthetically good with their current kit.

And this doesn’t have to be just elves, but they just have the most obvious.

Dark Iron dwarves could get the actual Iron dwarves from Outland.
We could get the (actually requested) mechagnomes as well attached to mechagnomes.
Forest trolls? Forest trolls!

Could even go a bit lore stretchy and give stuff like Eredar out and give Draenei warlocks but… we’ll just keep things grounded for now in what the story actually presents as plausible. (…although this is something I’d like them to rule of cool with and keep as an unlock.)

Looking at the comparison, I do think you guys can achieve younger looking faces with the removal of the snarl (less laugh lines overall)… or at least a toggle to leave it or remove it according to player preference? (after all,Fen proved some players DO want aged characters on their roster).

The body issue is even more urgent, but I suppose it will need much MUCH more err… “feedback” to get corrected (it´s a bigger fix after all).

You miss the skullface too, right?

1 Like

Yeah, San’layn should be given to Blood Elves through the questline, along with Dark Rangers. Toggle-able claws/fangs would be good, so they could be either. Dark Rangers could work on night elves perhaps as well, or nightborne.

Undead could get human vampyr customization or something as well, which would unlock the nathanos undead idea.

High elves could get more of their customization and lore through questlines for void elves, since it seems many of them want that. Along with void customization just given to them since that’s their primary race.

Edit: Oh and a proper quest for the Wildhammers!

8 Likes

Mostly the sewn face actually. It just isn’t the same and makes me sad. But yeah, skull face as well.

I would just like more facial control in general. Similar to how that one Draenei face has a wide nose (for some reason).

1 Like

Oh I’ll manage it. Traitors.

2 Likes

I doubt it’ll ever will. Blizzard’s line of thinking is “players need to recognize their characters”, which is always confirmed when people whine about changes. So that only holds back progress like that , despite the fact that fixes like the orc back and nightborne eyes have been overwhelmingly popular.

Alliance males need fixed like yesterday.

Night Elf, Draenei, Humans and Worgen are just, incredibly bad.

Horde side, Tauren are too.

2 Likes