Why the lack of Customization?

I’m just annoyed at the implications that the horde options are so great, when they really aren’t, and aren’t what was asked for.

7 Likes

I doubt the Nelf faces are a bug anyway.

Pretty sure that Nelf faces are meant to look like that. Nb did too but they are changing them for better looks on the horde because they can’t let the horde down.

Either way, asking for more new faces is the best way to go about it.

I have to wonder however

How they do so much effort to fix Nightborne faces and refuse to even bring back faces they removed from Lightforged?

https://i.imgur.com/2Al0MAc.jpg

If you people can’t see the asymmetry of the development you are simply being willfully blind.

You can chalk it up to “aLlIaNcE dInD’T aSk FoR iT” all you want but that doesn’t change the reality of Blizzard’s job at development, nor can you erase the actual constant talk of the alliance for getting stuff added and fixed that you refuse to acknowledge.

Not only across GD but social media as well, where Devs actually engage with players, not a random blue post each blue moon at the time.

Excuse Blizzard all you want and pretend they have no way of knowing. But truth is, they just don’t have the interest to work on the alliance. Because even if they wouldn’t read something, they should do quality assurance and have some creativity.

And yes, Horde will always be much louder obviously, because after so much crap, there’s like 20% alliance players left, if that.

7 Likes

Gatekeeping for the most part is not happening here. It’s people with differing opinions about what they prefer. One side wants options open to both sides, another side would prefer each race (or race/AR pairing) was their own unique thing that brings something new to the table.

For the most part no one’s arguing just to spite others (outside of some trolls) it’s just some mutually exclusive preferences about what people want to have.

10 Likes

That is a… dangerous place to link from.

I will just link the imgur and give credit lol

Indeed.

My preferred links are a twitter image or an imgur album. Because they are small and easy to compile as well as not messing up the lines.

DeviantArt links scare me…

I might need to just copy everything to a discord server and just give credit. so everything is nice and compact.

Just want to say you’re a breath of fresh air.

I did this comparison about proportions and general popularity in “niches” across the two factions a while ago, and the Horde actually does tend to have - despite being the monster faction, and yes, monsters are sexy - more races that better fit the modern popular ideal body shapes.

Blood Elves, Zandalari, Undead (yes), Trolls, and Nightborne all closer match what an average attractive male looks like proportion wise, with the muscley outlier being Orcs.

The Alliance, the human males don’t even have wrists and are built extremely heavy. We do not, discounting the Thalassian model, have a more "regularly proportioned humanoid race because our humans are just huge. In fact, they made the issue worse with Kul’tirans too, and we lost allied race slots that could have helped with this to them, and another gnome. (…while the horde got fox furries, which are insanely popular in general, vs an extreme niche that the company has outright mocked multiple times through the years.)

I don’t think there’s actually a fix for this anymore without body options, sadly.
We can make some steps to alleviate things by fixing stuff like the male night elf lip issue, and hot fix in a few popular requests that are easy to do (helfs, lol), but it’s a little too late. Morale already in the crapper that the kaldorei are smelling all the time.
This isn’t something that can be properly addressed until 10.0, unless they really want to pop out a surprise in 9.2 or 9.2.5 with a trial on body shapes with humans.

2 Likes

I changed it since yeah I see what you mean. My bad! I knew they were an artist in that fashion but was a derp. I should have tossed in a warning. But I changed it to just an @ in that post so it’d not be as jarring, with a warning too.

I agree with this. I mean, people can´t come here to tell us we had an “amazing” pass that was basically… mediocre and meaningless jewerly (there, I said it) just tomake an 180º to complain they only got exactly waht they asked the most but nothing else extra.

Frankly those two aren´t “counterpoints” it´s a dichotomy: is not only about getting “new” stuff, is about getting the stuff one wanted to get too. People whose customization wishes fulfill the dichotomy are happy,and people that feels one side of it is NOT fulfilled welll are unhappy and feel ignored.

Pretty simple. Frankly I don´t get why people can´t understand this. They can´t come here to tell us “we have it better” because we got a bunch of things we didn´t ask for while the issues are still present (I mean, let´s hope the correction on the snarl DOES make the NB faces look younger, cause if not the issue -looking like grandpas when sorry not sorry, I remember little children runing rampant in Suramar back in Legion- will stay pretty much present.

I don´t WANT to be forced to bling my NB male rogue to death to HIDE the issues with the face options ffs. That is awful cause it limits my tmog options quite spectacularly.

4 Likes

The females practically look around the same age with two of their faces. The male NB actually has a face that looks younger than anything the NEs have(they just need their lips fixed, which are getting fixed).

https://imgur.com/a/X8O5dq7

It feels half and half, honestly.
People complained about the angry perma-scowls (especially the lip) since the Vanilla models, and when they went into the WoD updates, they were pretty clear they did want to move away from expressions being permanent on the resting model.

I don’t have the comparisons, but a lot of the heavier expressions on other races were indeed toned down, if left mild for distinction, but for some reason, the lip on the male night elf remained as it was, and lone-behold, those faces are rarely ever chosen, and night elf males just aren’t very popular because they’re extremely ugly. Not the good ugly either.

There’s ways to “bug” the character creation screen so the rigging holding the lip in that weird position actually stops, and the face looks normal. I don’t know how to replicate it, but it made those faces actually usable. People were doing the same thing to show how the blood elf “duck face” wasn’t normal, and shouldn’t actually be a thing. But, yup, they fixed the Horde issue, but left the Alliance male elf stuck like… that.

It’s hard to tell if we should have those kind of expressions as a toggle or not, but frankly, it’s one of those things we’d just gain way more from getting rid of than keeping.

Man, the moment the “scowl” is fixed, that face is going to be used so much.

I dunno, I’ve gone batty waiting and am flying into a wall.

(sorry, had to)

5 Likes

Uhh… i hope the face you posted for the NB isn´t the supposedly “younger looking” one… cause in such case, you my man are in need of some glasses.

That male NB has quite strong “laugh lines”… and those only become evident with age, when the skin sagges. Same regarding both females, maybe it´s because of the color palette used, but thefem Nelf literally lacks laugh lines while the NB HAS them. Making her look older.

1 Like

What’s up with the nb woman’s eyebrows? Wowhead glitch? You chose the one new nb face that’s tolerable, but you see the wrinkly area between the eyes, and lines around the mouth? That’s what I am talking about, the nelf face doesn’t have those issues.

3 Likes

Not surprised at all young people don´t get the place one has to err… “look for” ageing lines on the face.

As an “old lady” -in comparison to most players-, I´m quite aware were do I have to check, lul.

3 Likes

Have you looked at the face of an average mid 20’s man? Especially one snarling?

The male has laugh lines too, they’re just not as prominent. Look at the male NE face, he looks much more mature and aged. He has all the physical signs of a man in his, like, mid 40s.

The females don’t have laugh lines, but neither does the NB face that I linked?

Literally where

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much adding any lines to a face, around the mouth and eyes especially, is going to age it. The harsher the line, the older it looks.

5 Likes

Literally right where I said they were.

piggy backing on this. i think this is how alleria should have been portrayed the moment they fanfictioned void elves into an AR slot

turned blue, purple and gold themed armor just like all the other void npcs adorn. purple markings etc. a void twist on a blood elf farstrider just like the dark rangers have their own unique twist. a lot of this could have been avoided

5 Likes

Yeah did Zugyr there have something on that cause I’ve never heard it was some sort of bug before now?

I agree they’re probably just meant to look that way, I remember them looking this way since vanilla… (you know more or less minus the upgrade to graphics in WoD).

I never really saw anyone complaining too much about Night Elf faces but now that they’re working on the Nightborne ones I’m sure they will do something for Night Elves when they come back around to them.

I just hope they add new faces rather than change existing ones. At this point some of my toons have used many of those faces for years and its a part of them. I’d rather not lose them. Getting new and updated happier younger and less angry faces though is a great idea.

This.

I was unaware they’d removed LFD ones.

Like I have said, I’d always rather new faces added rather then removing or changing existing ones. Just gives everyone more options.

I think, personally, this is a perception issue.

I honestly wouldn’t want to have been treated the way the Horde has over the years. And I don’t personally see much difference in the level of effort being done across the board.

Then again I also really like Mechagnomes and Kul’tirans as they are. Many who say “Horde Bias” often really dislike them for various reasons.

Just depends how you see things I think.

I looked around to see if I could find those, do you have any leads on who made them or where they are likely posted?