Why the lack of Customization?

God I’d kill for a neutrality/disable PVP/warmode option. All of my characters (and myself) have never given a hoot about the faction war. This character in particular wanted to throw up her hands and go join Khadgar drinking wine and researching in Karazhan at the beginning of BfA >_>

5 Likes

I do agree… frankly, as long as the Incubus looks as young as the Succubus, the model will be well received from my side of the fence.

I had this weird revelation the Belves get tattoos with a more “oriental vibe” inspiration (Baal kindly pointed henna to ME and well: stuff on the forehead, arms and feet, uses images of SUNS, etc.).

You know at the beginning i didn´t even wanted the warpaint Farstrider stuff cause I associated it with Alleria alone. I think the Velves will inevitably get it considering she´s one of their racial leaders, ergo the only solution I see is to vouch for different AESTHETIC DESIGNS so each race doesn´t get the monkey paw AGAIN and we get reused asets with limited colors (sorry not sorry, if a Belf player wants to use a teal or blue color on their warpaint they should be able to and if a Velf player wants to use red or yellow, they should be able to use it too).

2 Likes

:hugs:

I always love seeing your constructive posts too

It’s one of the things I think BEs should have definitely.

I fall more in agreement with Mag though on it being a BE exclusive as a Farstrider thing, idk if you’ve read their posts on it but I’m more or less agreeing with that sentiment.

2 Likes

Aside from the hands which kinda bother me I like the Night Elf model. I do want to have a beefier more Druid of the Claw from WCIII option, but thats just cause I modeled my toon off those guys in the first place.

Also if they give us younger faces I hope they do not remove the faces we currently have. I’d really hate to lose Fezzy’s face.

3 Likes

I´m here to please.

Mag hates me, nuff said. apparently I´m a “Helfer” for not taking her side of the fence (talk about misjudging somebody… I´m probably the most hardcore Belf fangirl for story reasons you can find here).

She got the memo late, I´ve OPENED myself to the idea of Farstrider Warpaint (remember January threads? I only wanted the runic scarifications and scars proper). Nowadays I want red eyes (to portray Blood magic irradiation from the Dark Animus), bold warpaint styles (like the art made by Izzabelle… damn I miss Izzabelle, hope she gets well soon), and damaged ears on top of the runic scarifications, the regular scars and the henna tattoos.

You love that grumpy grandpa, don´t you?

5 Likes

I have book sized stories about Fezzy.

That old druid has those lines on his face for a reason.

3 Likes

Well I’m really glad to see that you are here and back but please beware of the many trolls that will come at you now that you have reposted again and I say that because they have been after you since well you left for awhile so I know they will, regardless more love and hugs to you. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

I wouldn’t think too much on it, you’re both constructive posting BE fans. :hugs: :heart:

1 Like

How big of a book?

Ergo my invitation so he post on the Belf thread.

You know I´ve tried to make the place a “troll free of that particular kind” sanctuary.

You know I have my temper, she got my brand of honesty the other day in here -frankly, i was just tired of getting called a “Helfer”. I´m probably the very extreme opposite from a Helfer ffs.

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed my hot boy summer, definitely needed a good summer and I had one.

You weren’t even a Helfer when I advocated for HE options that in hindsight despite my initial happiness for an additional compromise for HE fans when SL launched I think shouldn’t have happened.

But thats the thing about people imo it’s just important to meet them where they are today in the present (though I say this only with things that aren’t too problematic, like obviously if someone’s had really deep issues this doesn’t always apply, just adding this so it’s not misconstrued as a perfect stance for all situations, which it’s not just the small stuff I think), hopefully you both can find common ground moving forward I agree with both of you on a number of Blood Elf ideas. :hugs:

2 Likes

We HAVE common ground in other stuff regarding the Belves, frankly the ball is in her court. I´ll just have to wait and see what she chooses to do regarding myself (I just hope she doesn´t feel excluded from posting on the Belf thread, lately I pass a ton of time in there and while we disagree on some things, she does have other valuable points to make in there and in here).

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear that sweetheart because that’s great and oddly even while you was gone no one managed to surpass you as my number one most liked poster so there’s that as well with Midare as second, Fen as third, Tarrok as forth and Ariël takes number five. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Edit - I want Avarie on that list as well because I adore her so I try to like as many of her posts as I can when I can. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

The first one was 15 chapters, at least 15-20 word document pages per chapter (give or take) I think. >.> I may have lied and no longer have those stories due to a slight issue of computer loss.

I used to write a fair amount about WoW back in Vanilla-Wrath.

1 Like

I have to agree on both your sethrak and ethereal stance, and your reasoning is sound.

If they ever get added I hope they are Horde, with your Alliance ideas being added respectively too Saberon and what was your other idea for Alliance? I always liked the idea of Arrakoa and Vyrkul for Alliance too.

Sorry I had this bookmarked thinking I was going to come back and play WoW a day ago but wanted to reply to this now.

1 Like

Sadly, I’m not sure Arrakoa are viable anymore. The Zandalari Druid form is heavily based on their model, so making a playable race out of them, rather than some alternative Moonkin forms using them, just feels like it’ll end up badly.

When it comes to another race for the Alliance, not much comes up that either makes sense, or is fair. Dragons would be an interesting option given how they’re hardly an OP race anymore and have a lot more positive connections to the Alliance as opposed to the Horde, but that race would probably cause a lot of backlash being on only one faction.

To be honest, speaking for myself only, I’d love some variation of the Vorkai from Shadowlands. I know people in general have some big issues with Shadowlands races, but I’d be all for some kind of island of Vorkai-like people that’d join the Alliance to support the Night Elves. Given Mechagnomes already demonstrate that transmog restrictions won’t bar a race from being playable, a quadruped race would be pretty unique and interesting.

1 Like

Omg, that´s one hell ofg commitement.

I do like to READ about lore stuff, but I confess I suck at building RP background precisely thanks to this: I´m never satisfied with any story beat that I concoct regarding my toons.

1 Like

I’m not too much of a fan of the SL races tbh, in fact SL leaves a poor taste in my mouth being a death themed expansion that features heavily a dead Elf in the main storyline and yet not an undead elf to be seen for player options.

But I do hope there is a way to make Arrakoa viable I rather liked questing with them in WOD and I’ve seen people in the past reason them on Alliance so I’m all for that.

Also thats a good point about Mechagnomes hopefully they’ll continue to be a standard moving forward in terms of not letting transmog restrictions keep a race from playability.

2 Likes

I still haven’t gotten them unlocked because I can’t solo the dungeon to unlock them due to the scaling it makes me so sad because the only race I haven’t made a Warlock yet is Gnome or Mechagnome and I want one, I just haven’t decided which yet.

1 Like

The only small player character race I like is Vulpera (I’ve not done the unlock for mechagnomes yet either)

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why they didn’t flag the options for Blood Elves. They had to update them to match the new system, so why not just make them available for players? It just doesn’t make any sense.

I like the Vorkai more as a model than because they’re a part of the Shadowlands. I think a Centaur/Dryad race is pretty interesting, and I’ve never been too crazy about Azeroth’s Centaurs/Dryads because they just look like Night Elves with deer bodies from the waist down. The Vorkai at least look more unique.

2 Likes