Why the lack of Customization?

I was younger then.

Less stressed about everything.

I wonder if I still had my story how close I’d be to some of the current lore compared to my understanding back then. probably pretty close all things considered.

Though I will say my stories veered hard into non-canon stuff for their own like… bad guys and such.

Lol, I did Vulpera first, then Dark Iron Dwarf, then Goblin because of Star and how cute some of the new Goblin customizations are and now all that remains is Gnome/Mechagnome but I need Mechagnomes unlocked so I can try both out and make final decision like I did with Dwarf and Dark Iron Dwarf. :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

That sounds horrific.

Glad it mostly turned out okey.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely! Thanks for the well-wishes though. I’m doing much better these days, and know how to handle things better. I also have some fun facts.

Did you know?
You can report for roleplay griefing, but make sure you put them on /ignore and keep reporting every time they grief you. Also, if they are griefing others, they should report too and not engage at all.

One thing I wish was that /ignore also applied to any toy effect or something they tossed onto the ground. I’d opt for their model to vanish entirely, but then if they get grouped with your group or something with finder, you wouldn’t see them. Perhaps open-world-model-off. Then there’s PvP though, so… hm. Model-vanishing likely wouldn’t work. Unless you also make it turn off in warmode, I suppose.

4 Likes

I rewrote one of my fav songs for troll customizations

Friday night
I’m thinking that we just might
Fly away to someplace
They don’t know

Who we are
Now I’m riding shotgun in your car
We drive through the city like explorers going sixty-five
Blowing hair flying 'crossing my beard
We left on Friday; now it’s Saturday

Pressed jeans, buttoned up
Troll beards , flowin up
Two toes, walkin’ slow
Headphones blarin’ three stacks

Blue tatts flarin’ out
Thick beards hangin’ low
Studded belt pulled taut
Three stacks on the radio

Friday night
I’m thinking that we just might
Run away to someplace we

We can be bearded trolls

We can be bearded trolls

Thank you everyone I’m not intoxicated

9 Likes

So do have other people for their improved races.

The notion about the Night Elves wasn’t really necessary though.

I find the jewelry great.

The user is an authentic EU forum regular. I know this because my brothers have/had regularly contact with them.

Alliance-only since Cataclysm and its Three Hammers story. But there is a splinter group which is not loyal to the dwarven princess. All three races are united, including the Frost Dwarves which aren’t playable.

Both sides have claims for having fair skinned and blonde elves.

1 Like

I definitely do not. Think it’s the worst thing they could have added for blood elves and I’m very tired of people using it as an excuse to not give us anything interesting like scars, tattoos, or Dark Ranger/San’layn customization. I don’t use it on any of my characters, and it could have been transmog.

4 Likes

And in return for jewelry that guys don’t even have access too, Blood Elves lost visual uniqurness to the AR on the opposing faction during a time when Blizzard devs stated was for core races.

So I am hoping they figure out a way to flip a switch on existing undead Elf options during this apparently AR period of customizations.

6 Likes

I disagree. The jewelry works great to give skimpy female Blood Elves more details. I use it on my Demon Hunter to give her a monstrous vibe while still being a woman.

What I don’t get is why have jewelry as a character creation option? We’ve got shirt slots on our paperdoll, why not put in some jewelry spots to handle that stuff?

5 Likes

Yep, it’s very frustrating.

That’s fine, I’m going to just agree to disagree because I really don’t see eye to eye with that statement, nor do I agree with it at all. To each their own.

For those of us who want something more than jewelry and who are very unsatisfied with what blood elves got, like me, I hope we see Dark Ranger/San’layn Allied Race or customization, Tattoos, and scars. I personally feel blood elves got the rough-end of the customization ‘pass’. And my statement isn’t saying no one else should get things either, by the way. I liked blood elves. Particularly their darker side. I’m going to ask for blood elf things.

I don’t know. I personally find it very stupid when it should just have been a transmog option. But here we are with them trying to toss it onto people and expect a large amount to praise it, when most blood elf players I see want actual customization like tattoos or scars.

6 Likes

I mean, I feel like it could be a better way to do it with wider options, we’ve fought with the army of the light, maybe my tauren picked up a more draenei style tail ornament, or maybe a draenei has gotten themselves a tauren horn ornamentation from somewhere.

You mean have them as transmog slots for neck/rings? Maybe even trinkets/relics/librams/quivers/pouches. Though that might be too much work.

Options should become more universal. It’s odd that it’s not.

5 Likes

I would have been fine with it if we were given options aside from jewelry, yeah. Sadly, it’s the only thing they tossed female blood elves as a ‘unique’ customization.

2 Likes

I mean, they already exist as customizations atm. I would imagine it would be doable to make that graphical change happen somewhere else than creation.

Just from myself I usually feel like character creation should be more physical options, and the outfit and accessories something different. Like it shouldn’t take a trip to a vendor to change out a necklace or put a flower in my hair

1 Like

I believe there is a necklace that does show up upon equip, but I forgot… It was something from Booty Bay questlines, a white item?

Edit: I could be wrong, might just be the ring, which is now a toy?

I was just thinking of the one or two that Tauren get as options there

1 Like

I just want my pale red head red eyes lady. Wish we could pick lip colour too

3 Likes

While I’m happy with that Draenei received, I’m not exactly certain why something like what they provided would strictly be Draenei. Anyone could put chains in their hair or put a gemmed hair pin in their hair. Same with the hair designs we got, we got some really neat hair styles, but hair styles doesn’t necessarily make or break the races diversity. Kind of like how every race should have a high tail or the high fantasy thick monster sized ponytail.

It’s a system them could add as unlockables/achievements etc pretty easily.

Yeah, they did a similar thing for Gnomes, but they at least provided them with some cog earrings. I was surprised BEs didn’t get a red choker with green gem or something at least.

3 Likes

Gods I wish :confused: Or what I always bring up, the choker from the blood elf cinematic!

4 Likes