Why the lack of Customization?

I asked in the Customer Support forum (cause they’re awesome and quick as hell):

I don’t know how feasible it would be based on the current functionality of the forums. It might be something that can be done at some future point, but based on my understanding that will likely not be possible until some significant changes to the backend happen.

Whomp whomp

Oh I know it’s not literal, it’s just something someone said one time and it stuck with me due to the image of it making me giggle.

Personally, they don’t need to fix it, just give us nose options :nose:

Not at all. Best to be obscure. I’m not obscure because I’m a creative trying to get my work out there, and it’s best for people to see who I am. Same with any video-related content I ake (like FFXIV stuff) and Tiktok. If you can avoid trying to do all of the above and showing your face, it might be for the best. I know it’s hypocritical coming from someone like me, but again, my freelancing work/creative stuff means I’m intentionally trying to get out there. It’s not something you should or have to do if you’re not looking to do what I’m mentioning, if that makes sense. Because, yes, by doing what I do, I leave myself open to harassment and it’s something I need to deal with as it comes up. Sadly how the world is, but it’s a risk some should take, but not others. Best to be safe either route.

Oh wow that is super quick o.o sad response but hey at least you asked and now they know!

3 Likes

Simple: it doesn´t “magically” makes “the fault” of the Horde posters when VERY specific issues they have pointed to since the very inception of the race -no seriously, I have complained over the constipated grandpa faces and the crooked nose since BfA alpha times- get fixed whyen the devs are working on that race. Nor is it any mythical “Horde Bias”.

I never claimed “Alliance Bias” in january when the Nelves -you know the REAL mirror to Belves as far as elf races are concerned- got nothing short of a magnificent pass in comparison to the Belf one nor when the Velves hijacked time from the core racial pass to get stuff earlier than expected.

There´s no Bias, just bussiness choices, period.

3 Likes

I mean the only difference I see in the neck is illidan’s throat is flatter towards the front that the elf, they both have the shoulder bulges.

Unique characters get unique faces.

Maybe, but it looks like a minor change is pose as Illidans arms look like there’s a slight bend at the elbow rather than hanging straight down like the other elf.

He’s wearing pants and the other elf isn’t. And there’s plenty of space in there for him to have the same muscles.

A bit at the shoulders, but heads look about even.

They’re REALLY similar.

1 Like

And this is essentially one of the inconsistencies that can be looked at. Take the jewelry color options for Draenei and then for the other races. Human ladies didn’t get that option but they got similar pendants but with different color choices.

There’s also a case with the Draenei themselves where we have…blue?..I think blue, but it’s only available with one other metal choice.

It’s weird.

3 Likes

Lol, I have never either but the way Alliance have gotten one of our races to become pretty much neutral and we can’t even get decent customizations for our trade one be it faces, skintones, hair colors, etc. I kind of wonder sometimes and that’s in addition to the whole Alliance on bee thing, unique and new model for Kul Tiran, etc.

I´ll repeat it as many times as necessary: jewerly without a freaking color wheel attached to it, is underwhelming if not useless as a customizatiuon feature.

I know I won´t “change” a tmog I´ve spent weeks, months or even YEARS building just to accomonate some rando necklace.

4 Likes

That’s probably also because Alliance take up 8 of the bottom 15 spots of least amount of customizations, while Horde also take up 8 of the top 15. With these new ARs getting their stuff, we’re going to be even lower now. lul

2 Likes

I mean, I’m bitter, but it’s why things atm are mostly coming off as a first pass. I just want more communication on Blizzards side at this point though.

Probably a better idea than what my dumb butt did way back when. Harsh life lesson >< Only resulted in a panic attack as opposed to firing, but still.

1 Like

My man… you know why the Belf females have such a “higher” count?

Cause the devs took the n iterations of earrings they already had and DOUBLED them with the silver colors… they just added ONE new earring style (the best part? they aren´t even terribly noticeably like the NB jewerly is. I bet you can find youself face to face with my rogue and won´t be able to notice the earrings she uses). Add to this 3 necklaces -that nobody uses cause not only are those irrelevant as far as identity is concerned but they are ugly, impractical and unless you pretend to switch between two tmogs, you can´t mix and match with most armor pieces in the game-, same with armbands and the wrist stuff is covered by the armor, so?

Also, sorry Blizz, 3 repetitions of the same eye color with very minor pupil differences is NOTHING but cheap stuff to “bulk” numerically the customizations.

Ask Tarrok, he will explain to you how that infamous list does nothing but to provide misinformation so people delivers the wrong conclussions from the data.

8 Likes

Draenei have 15 slots of customization dedicated to jewelry colours(which is way more repetition than anything on the Horde has). Our races suffer from the exact same thing too, yet we still take up 8 of the least and you guys take up 8 of the most.

Aww, don’t point them at me, they’re just here trolling trying to start faction fights constantly.

4 Likes

I completely understand that, don’t get me wrong. I’m a Blood Elf main, after all, and I’ve barely touched the new options we’ve gotten for my main or alts, because while I don’t hate what we’ve gotten, it’s mostly stuff that I didn’t personally want for my characters. I would just rather see more distinction between the different types of elves, and I would rather that Nightborne get more options that further distinguish them from the Kaldorei, given the lore behind the separation of both societies from Azshara’s empire.

Now, speaking of what customization options I want personally: both facial and body combat scars for everyone, and tattoos or similar markings appropriate to each race. I’d also like for death knights to have an additional death scar option separate from any combat scar markings, and possibly death-knight-specific tattoos, assuming the ones Koltira has in the Wrath starting zone are something he picked up while in the Scourge. Some of my characters have been through some rough times, and I want to be able to make their appearance reflect that.

6 Likes

But you are often such a good one to win arguments and you are also entertaining about it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

You’re speaking my language, I agree entirely.

3 Likes

Yeah, but that poster’s just boring repeating the same stuff over and over

5 Likes

I’m literally just replying to your arguments. You keep accusing me of 'LoOkInG fOr FIghTs" because you have nothing genuine to defend your points with. I stopped replying to you in our last argument because you literally just changed your goalpost to “I just don’t really like it! They ruined Void Elves!” more or less.

I don´t see Draenei players complaining over getting only jewerly -I have seen LF Draenei fans complaining over getting nothing BUT jewerly and NOT Light focused stuff, they are right btw-.

Frankly, the first question the customization should answer is “how unique does this stuff make my toons?”, “does it give it something unique regarding ALL the other playable races?” “how do these options portray the story background of my race?” -after all this is a MMORPG -as in: role playing-

The point is NOT the numbers -frankly, you answered to me with the jewerly example exactly as I needed: 100 slots of slightly different tones of silver does NOT improve in the unique factor nor the story factor, only improves in the “maybe it will be harder to find another toon with the same jewerly / eye color as mine”.

The REALLY valuable stuff is the one that makes the race unique, that´s why Orc customizations and Nelf customization were praised in comparison to the others, why you guys feel the NB pass is superior -yes it is: but only because it EXPLORED the cultural story background of the race and made it more unique in comparison to the other 3 elf races-. Under this premise, that list? Pure BS. Female Belves hardly got stuff that made it visually more UNIQUE than the Velf counterpart, and the less we touch the story issues, the better.

1 Like

There’s your problem, ‘we was’; if you can’t master the basics of English, I doubt you can control your spending on this game.