Why the lack of Customization?

Not sure how you lost the point I was making, but…

You and Aco were saying stuff like “WoW should stop catering to casuals and focus on raids because WoW is dying because raiders are leaving”.

Myself and a couple others countered that with “Casuals were the majority and they are the ones that are leaving in droves, and that’s why WoW is dying”

And then Aco keeps going “But WoW has catered to casuals all this time!” (despite there being more content focused on raids and M+ than anything casual).

Not sure why that’s hard to follow?

2 Likes

Or at least Guild Halls. Something that lets them reuse their art assets with the players in control. They might as well add to the catalog collection endgame.

2 Likes

Highlight what someone said, right click and click the little quote button that pops up.

It automatically adds what they said with a link to your text entry box.

What’s hard to follow is i just checked and couldn’t see a single post where I accused WoW catering to casuals. Raiders are under no illusion we’re not the large minority of the playerbase.

I love casuals, I’m all for casual content. The fact Blizzard has no idea how to do casual content has nothing to do with me. All they’d need to do is make a character on FFXIV for a day to get some really great ideas.

omg, im only level 36 and barely halfway through the MSQ of ARR

*cries in bard wanting to be a machinist.

Maybe I somehow misread some of what you said, but it sounded like you were on Aco’s side saying that there needed to be more raid stuff? I dunno. It’s almost midnight. /shrug

Think they’re whining about me saying this. You know, calling out the toxic attitude that makes the community terrible. “Casuals are destroying the game, their priorities shouldn’t be heard” yada yada. Twisting my words. Or:

You know, what people have been complaining about, including them. But yeah people like to twist my words. I have them on ignore now, so I wouldn’t know, but I do find it amusing how they’re playing victim when one of them screamed “DELUSIONS” in the first place for asking for what we want. :rofl:

3 Likes

Good choice (MCH that is).

One of the best DPS jobs. Might also want to consider DNC too when you get to 60.

1 Like

Yeah customizable guild halls would be SUPER sweet, I’d love that. And there could be trophies as well.

2 Likes

I really liked the ARR content, which is great because everyone has let me know it’s the absolute lowest point of the story. I finished Heavensward content two nights ago (end of the free content in the game).

I uh, think it’s fair to say i got my monies worth (no money) of content. What an absolutely brilliant game. The content in Heavensward is up there with some of my favorite RPG content of all time.

https://imgur.com/tLDX8pz

FFXIV sure does free trials right, instantly bought the entire game and all expansions.

1 Like

… You asked.

:man_shrugging:

Here’s the thing.

As awesome as Heavensward is, Stormblood is easily just as good (slightly better IMO, but some people don’t like the way it’s structured).

Got that?

Shadowbringers is all of that… dialed to 11.

There is seriously no way to describe it. It’s on another level entirely.

1 Like

really? Is it bad im enjoying the story in ARR so far? I mean it’s nothing revolutionary, but it keeps me engaged

I even liked the archers guild Storyline. Really shows how bad WOWs storytelling has become in comparison

Yeah with my limited time in FFXIV, I did like that they essentially had internal dorms for guild members. I can’t remember the name they had for guilds over there, but it was a cute little room you could purchase and I personally thought that was enough.

1 Like

I cannot wait to get to Shadowbringers, people have said it’s a 20/10 in terms of quality. I’m reading every quest. The game truly is a love letter from the devs.

It’s absolutely ruined the outdated WoW questing setup they have. Will be extremely hard to do questing in WoW going forward.

Free Company Quarters.

The only flaw is if you are ever dismissed from your FC (or the FC breaks up), you lose them (the items you had in there will be waiting on a housing reclaimer NPC though).

1 Like

Oh yes.

If you play Shadowbringers MSQ and read all the quests, and watch all the cutscenes…

WoW will seem so shallow in the story/lore department. It definitely did for me. That’s why I look at the WoW lore and just roll my eyes lately. Wrath wasn’t too bad, I didn’t mind Cataclysm, MoP was neat… and then we got to WoD and it was “eeew” and anything BfA+ … I just shake my head at. I can’t engage myself with that kind of writing.

Though… I thought Ardenweald was a breath of fresh air even if I find the Drust annoying.

Anything Lady Moonberry says is pure gold, lol.

2 Likes

Oh I think that’s fine and it makes sense overall. As long as you don’t lose your Haurchefant portrait.

well she is the metaphorical representation for casual players :wink:

Nah, all the items will be saved you just go and pick em up afterwards.

That, and one-time quest items are always available at a Calamity Salvager NPC, which lets you buy anything that is one-time acquired from a quest provided you don’t already have one on you.