Why the lack of Customization?

Remember when the same expac they brought recolours as “new” pvp mounts as well, and people still thinks that Blizz works in good faith lmao.

What’s the point then?

Huh? The only people allowed to be happy with customizations are the helfers?

I downloaded the ptr and there’s nothing new for them. No hairstyles, no new skin tones or eye colors, lightforged and nightborne have new stuff.

4 Likes

The Alliance got at least a Hippo mount but overall you were treated as second class citizen for the price you pay.

2 Likes

I never said this but the High Elf request was one the most discussed topics in the past five years. This is the very first fanservice win you guys got in a long time. You have no community but at least the group who carries you (the RP) will cherish this small victory.

1 Like

So by this logic Blizzard should just remove giving Void Elves the normal hair colors since none of you seem to appreciate it or consider it new customization despite it being new for you.

2 Likes

It is the high elf fans fault for sure.

Void elf fans would had preferred more void customization, and as such, this pass only benefits high elf players at the cost of void elf players enjoyment.

Alliance in whole did not ask for void elves to be your high elf replacement.

They did not copy and paste the assets, they had to repaint them, it’s not that easy since they import textures from oil painting for the games art. This is again not a copy and paste. And the hairstyles are not the same as the BE counterparts, there is differences even in the non-tenticle ones.

No copy and pasting happened.

You tell me, but it is the void elf pass non-the-less.

Hair Colors, tenticle toggle, and theme.

It is never enough for them.

3 Likes

I know you guys want to move the goal post now so badly but let’s be real here for a moment. This is exactly the same situation as with the Mage Tower items. People always look to blame others here for the sake of shaming a side without having an actual number how many people asked for these options. In case of the Mage Tower skins, Bellular did a quick poll with 10.000 people and 60% of them want the original appearances back.

You don’t know how many people wanted to have the High Elf options. But the constant topic pushing, as Naughty put it, helped them getting these options like no other race. They were prioritized every time something went bad for the Alliance. First the skins, now the hair colors and perhaps later on even the styles. At the same time you always neglect to mention that the original request was about High Elves, even before Void Elves were a thing. In retrospect you simply try to defend a minority group because you think they have been done dirty while ignoring the long-term request. The Blood Elf group here did their best to deny the request at the most vicious level I have seen ever since I started to play the game. At this point it’s more a Karma-thing for me.

Void Elves will get their options later on.

3 Likes

I hope they fix this as well. Fingers crossed that they’re already looking into it.

3 Likes

I think I’d like to show my Kul’tiran requests for when you come round to us.

We’ll start with the easy things:

Scars separated by head and body and more of em.

Tattoos, obviously nautically themed, separated into body and face.

Not to mention blind eye options for both sides and with all eye colors. Also heterochromia options for all eye colors.

Drust and Tidesage tattoos as well.

More hair styles, hair colors, eye colors and beard and stache options.

Thin model and regular human model toggle. (We do see Kul’tirans of all three sizes regularly so why not?)

Now lets move on to some less likely things:

Drust body modifications, scars showing some drust like magic seepin through.

Glowing eyes for Drust magic and Tidesage magic. Give us some interesting water glow affect for the Tidesages maybe?

Perhaps a model toggle for less belly since some folk seem to think that makes us stronger somehow.

Peg legs, Hook hands and so on. Oh and eye patches!

Lets get some nice things for the Kul’tirans in a serious and helpful manner for all sorts.

Athair watch over you and Tidemother guide you.

:anchor:

9 Likes

I can’t imagine hook hands would be possible, but peg legs is think is 100% in the realm of possibility.

Then again I guess you could just…tape your weapon to your hook? :joy:

1 Like

Nothing ever seems to be, even when they get exactly what they have asked for repeatedly because then they complain it’s copy/paste despite it not existing previously and hair textures being completely different it’s unreal.

3 Likes

Nope, again, the mapping of the extra assets shows it. It’s a copy paste. Fun fact, people have been doing this far earlier than Blizz did. Is not like people doesn’t know how it works.

Even if you want to pretend it’s a repaint, all you do is change the colour code.

I used to do that changing WC3 units, when I was small and currently work on art. Been around the art wow sphere for ages so I’ve listened to people who actually know how this works.

Cool, then why did Blizz choose to listen to alliance after the fact and not back when they actually were introducing a new race? they sure listen a lot uh.

Also why “listening to the alliance” is supposedly okay when they implement one thing, meanwhile they keep implementing things over and over for the horde.

Guess one thing put for the alliance is worth everything.

TBF mechagnomes hands make no much more sense than a hook, so I could see it happening.

And should since supposedly mechagnomes added the tech to change limbs.

I don’t get why they don’t adopt the ESO method of using the triangle color wheel for the three dominate colors of the race.

I thought about that as well as first but then I remembered that their hand are like clamps. They also have control over them.

Absolutely. There’s a lot of possibilities now that the Junkers have opened the door for limited transmog customizations.

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

2 Likes

They got a mini pass. Still waiting for jewelry, new hairstyles, hair colors and permanent void form.

I don’t consider the new hair colors to be their customization pass because we can’t compare what they got to what Nightborne and LF draenei got. Imagine if nightborne only have got new hair colors, would you consider that to be their customization pass? I don’t think so.

I can understand people have their own bias, but to say that they already got their customization pass is very unrealistic.

6 Likes

Eh there are hook hands with clompy bits sometimes. Even in the old days.

I trust if blizzard can do it they’ll find a way.

Ha! I like your style.

Resourceful.

I like to imagine that Kul Tiran would be into redneck engineering.

3 Likes

I rather like to think they wouldn’t balk at it at least.

Whatever gets the job done.

They can try, but if don’t make any new customisation for velves while giving a lot of new options for the other three legion AR’s their favoritism will be even more obvious. In the poor state their game is, is not time for more horde bias. I know i won’t be playing 9.1.5 if they came with excuses for not making new customisations for velves.

1 Like

Given that I’m now magical, I’d like to remind the team about playable San’layn, either Allied Race or customization, thanks :smiley:

Also Sethrak & Saurok :o and Ogres for Horde players who would like them!

(Yes I know it’s not added because of me, I’m pulling a funny since I said it in this thread so recently XD )

12 Likes