Why the lack of Customization?

We certainly are giving it our best shot! Might not be here for long but I figured I’d give it a go as long as I still have a subscription because I have for this long.

10 Likes

Eh, I’m sure this was a final thing. Until the response was players going to FFXIV lmao.

I still remember the day they announced no more customizations. Since then, half my twitter feed moved on to FFIXV almost immediately. And then the lawsuit made it about 80% of it.

This is pretty fair too. I think the Nelves could get the make up style used by the Nelf model of Aszhara (it is too small and subtle to be a tattoo tbqh). And if you want jewerly, go for it -but let me tell you, unless the color selection is huge… it WILL be a letdown. I speak by experience).

3 Likes

I’d love to see the npc transmog become obtainable to players sometime too :grin:

11 Likes

Simple, that body jewerly was never gonna become “visible” unless they upped the bulk. And then it was gonna look even quite ridiculous -heck, the datamined examples ARE ridiculous and plain disgusting. My toons aren´t a christmas tree, I rather don´t get low quality “jewerly” whose design makes it look as if the elves “hanged” the jewerly like one hangs bead decorations on a christmas tree, tyvm-.

That was one thing I was personally happy to see discarded.

Truly them sleeping on how much the community enjoyed customizations is a mistake. Just look at how blood thirsty folks are just for a taste?

2 Likes

Actually. As soon as that thing was datamined, artists started lewding it. R34 of belves with that spawned quickly, and people started making mogs where it looked like the belves were wearing sexy lingerie because it happened to look like a Garter belt.

After that, they removed it from the build lmao.

Meanwhile FFXIV puts new customizations in random world events. It’s no wonder even wowhead got into the FFXIV business now.

Torghast could have had universal customizations :weary:

8 Likes

Yep.

I would like some cool jewelry, but what i want the most is more regal, elegant hairstyles. Purple arcane eyes, and more face markings arcane oriented instead of nature. Azshara skin tone would be nice too.

1 Like

Well, take into account the content of the lawsuit and tell me if those designs indeed didn´t point to lingerie by principle. It was quite obvious, literally taken from irl jewerly designs to be used with lingerie as seen on the internet.

Why am I NOT surprised a company whose executives were accused of acting like mysoginistic pigs only came up with lingerie esque stuff for the “Barbie with no males race”?

I feel SO vindicated right now. Called it since january, reason why I hated that jewerly. It did implied a negative connotation for the Belf race I´m so tired to see played on for the lols.

6 Likes

Still wondering if the purple eyes are natural for Night Elves or if it was just due to the Nightwell. I mean from the intro cinematic, it seems like purple eyes were natural.

2 Likes

The real question is why the elves have so little eye color combinations when they are glorified mutated trolls.

And trolls have quite the HUGE eye color selection.

Why is it that trolls evolved away from the eye glow :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: when exactly did it happen :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It´s backwards, they got “lantern” eyes for who knows why reason.

The issue started with the Zandalari (they are the almost glowy and deffinitely pupiless eye troll variant)

I thought Zandalari were the ‘based’ trolls and others derived from them?

Either way, eye colors in this game are insane.

The worst part is that they spent time developing those things. I’m not against revealing tmogs, or body jewelry but only if those things are for both genders. Male blood elves still can’t use jewelry u.u

3 Likes

The issue started because Blizz tried to fit a bunch of fan theories into this game. Originally the troll thing was a dumb fan theory that spawned because trolls also had pointy ears. It didn’t fit at all but Blizz took it.

Zandalari were the same type of troll up to cata but for MoP Blizz made them super trolls because reasons.

Thinking about it, I think Draenei and Tauren (men) are the only ones with jewelry?

2 Likes

idk ive never seen a guy where body jewellery

The rest of the men are poor.

NB has jewelry too.