Why the lack of Customization?

After all of the crap this company has been through, I think this is an acceptable start. I will choose to praise and encourage when I see them headed in the right direction, being outraged because you think it’s not enough is going to cause another breakdown and that is the last thing we need right now. Game development is like steering a ship, you can’t just turn it around on a dime, it takes huge effort to get that beast turned around and sailing in the right direction. We have no choice but to be patient.

3 Likes

It takes no time to update the community of what their plans are, that’s an absolute cop out and you know it.

WoW has been the top dog for 17 years, we’re paying a monthly sub for them to do their job and they’ve fallen asleep at the wheel.

2 Likes

I think you need to calm down bud, I can feel your heat from here in Canada.

2 Likes

blood elves need more customization! magister and farstrider tattoos, scars and more beards. maybe more light customization.

5 Likes

In case anyone hasn’t played the competition, this is what awaits you when you create a character in FFXIV.

https://imgur.com/KPsEOPa

But don’t worry guys, we’re getting some new ears. Yahoo

2 Likes

people have been patient for well over 6-8 years as Blizz has repeated these same mistakes. Everything just keeps getting worse. I think we can safely agree that at this point, SL is worse then WOD was.

imagine the poor PVPers screaming about the boosting crap ruining the scene. They finally see a blue post and its, “HEY we heard all your feedback about hair colors guys! Time for more colors!!!”. How do you think that feels?[

imagine the people in classic desperately screaming about the botting issue, then THEY finally see a blue post saying the same thing.

It’s a kick to your stomach. But hey, at least the casuals are taken care of right?

1 Like

1). Pandaren.
2). Void Elf = Blood Elf.
3). Night Elf = Nightborne.

That was the whole “thing” about the elves that we got in late Legion, was that Horde and Alliance shared elven races. Alliance got the Void Elf which had the Blood Elf’s skeleton and animations, while the Horde got the Nightborne which had the Night Elf skeleton and animations.

1 Like

Shame the races are all pretty homogenous and really generic looking.

Really annoying how some people treat certain players like trash in this community, likely why many are still leaving. Some of us actually care about lore, customization, and such like that.

Personally, I want to see housing. Likely never will, but gestures to FFXIV much happier there, and while I’m happy Blizzard is indeed taking some feedback for once, I doubt it’ll be enough to draw roleplayers like me back.

8 Likes

They’re… actually not as homogenous as you’d think.

1). You are usually wearing armor which covers a lot of your body anyway,
2). The animations are vastly different between the races, moreso than a lot of WoW’s animations.

Though I will admit there’s only one “beast-like” race, while everybody else is 90% humanoid.

Some people like the fact others don’t. /shrug

1 Like

Why do you people keep quoting the first half of that sentence and not the whole thing? Really answer me that.

The Pandaren are a neutral race, and thus have different circumstances attached. The nightborne have a difference in model and skeleton, thus not the same thing. And before you open the door, yes, I would be infinitely less annoyed about this if void elves had received a slight model tweak like the nightborne.

3 Likes

This thread over a few measly hair color and ear settings, certainly Blood Elves have significantly more customizations.

I do miss looking more intimidating. But certainly do not miss the game being unplayable when it is not muted.

1 Like

Uh, I couldn’t tell much of any difference between the Nightborne and the Night Elf myself, I have one of both. They share animations and skeleton, though they have minor differences with the meshes ontop of these skeletons.

1 Like

its because the casual and roleplayer-types are enablers to Blizzards horrible decisions. Roleplayers aren’t going to be on the frontlines screaming about boosting in PVP. Casual players aren’t going to be the ones fighting against 5 layers of burrowed power.

So yes, being an enabler tends to invite disdain from others doing the hard fight.

You didn’t answer my question. Why did you only quote the first half of that and not actually address the whole point being that the blood elves are the only race which has their options constantly being grandfathered into another race on the opposite faction?

Further, once again, there is a model difference involving the nightborne and night elves. The nightborne also have their own unique idle animations. Once again, if void elves had received the same treatment, I would be infinitely less annoyed.

And nothing said to me will change my mind on that.

3 Likes

Oh yeah you’re right, FFXIV races really don’t hold a candle to:

1. Humans
  2. Short fat humans
  3. Short skiny humans
  4. Fat big humans
  5. Purple humans with hooves
  6. Green humans with muscles
  7. Tall green humans with tusks
  8. Skinny humans with big ears
  9. Skinny humans with big ears but a color change
  10. Tall purple humans with ears.

Gods do i feel sorry for you, still caring about the lore when the people in charge don’t even care about it must be tough. I wish i could go back and get all the hours i spent reading WoW novels returned to me because it was an absolute waste of time.

Funny, it tends to be the casuals lately I hear most of the complaining from (and I feel like I’ve been doing more complaining than most) about there being a lack of content and alt-unfriendliness.

It’s just that Korthia was such a large step in the right direction (the best content casuals have gotten since… what, Legion? MoP?), that casuals have quieted down some in recent days.

1 Like

Even the beast race has skin. Whyyyyy?

I’m just underwhelmed with it, pre- PS2 or so Square had some really nice art design, but since then they’ve gone for a realistic style that’s kind of become the generic design for lots of things. It sucks for them, but there’s not the same spark in the character design anymore, can’t necessarily tell it’s from FF a a glance like you can tell that something comes from WoW.

1 Like

Welcome to GD. This is GD on a normal day.