Why the lack of Customization?

Voidberg Jones is just too good an idea to pass.

I HOPE the devs don´t leave the Velf customizations in the terribad place they left it right now (heck, poor Fen didn´t even got the tentacle toggle option TO ADD tentacles as he wanted!!!).

3 Likes

I wonder why their kind never talk about the stuff belves already have over velves like the jewelry lol.

They just want things velves would have.

Cause jewerly is worthless as far as customizations are concerned. And if you guys bothered with even trying to use it, you would had realized ages ago instead of pretending it´s the “ubber spectacular feature” it actually isn´t.

I´m not gonna limit myself in tmogs just to match the ONE shade of Gold and ONE shade of silver the devs bothered with (also, regarding jewerly that gets literally covered by regular armor like the bracelets? that was a massive lul).

Belves should had gotten their scars (featured in official art, sorry not sorry) aANd their runic marks (TBC artbox) and runic tattoos (Rommath´s) BEFORE useless gaudy jewerly, period. But then again, for mysoginists that believed Belves were nothing but a vehicle to play Barbie and Ken, gaudy jewerly was probably the only thing that made sense.

Pretty rich coming from the literal “gimme the SAME stuff as Belves” crowd.

Personally the least thing I want is the ridiculous tattoo markings of your overvalued fav Alleria, I want what something inherently different. I don´t want curved lines that mean nothing I want proper RUNES, warpaint that justifies the bother in using it, etc.)

The most “conservative” options I´d vouch for would be these:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hero-ranger-pre-beta-look-a-like.130940/

Welcome to the baby times of Sylvanas´s iconic “tear” marks. Yeah, those should go Horde either as Belf customizations OR as part of some Dark Ranger toggle.

See? not all of us are obssesed with getting “your stuff”, thankfully for us we can get enough things for ourselves without having to depend on your “Helves”.

9 Likes

Mag is her own kind tbh, never seen anyone so obsessive over gatekeeping customization in a video game, failing, and then still continuing to try.

2 Likes

But I don’t want anything from belves?

I’ve seen many on this particular topic.

1 Like

The phrase says: “crowd”, not “individual”.

You individually may not, but some on your side of the fence? Lul. I´ve seen people asking for the green eyes, the golden eyes, the Dark Ranger red eyes, the runic tattoos, etc.

3 Likes

Thalassian style rather.

1 Like

I digress, you guys feel free to claim ownership of those curvy lines designs.

I want something inherently different, not interested in getting Alleria´s nu-model hand-me-downs.

The WC3 pre-beta launch stuff -that hilariously looks like Sylvanas Banshee tearmarks- would be the most conservative I´d like for my Belves. In principle, I rather get completely different aesthetics (yes, more similar to the Survival icon, with you know… more than a half of the face painted).

Or maybe BIG designs like these ones:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/e878a159-60f4-44df-a517-328b76b10856/d61t558-361c2885-2af2-4229-8bc7-fd49439085a7.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_700,q_75,strp/felblood_elf_by_sainro_d61t558-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTg3OGExNTktNjBmNC00NGRmLWE1MTctMzI4Yjc2YjEwODU2XC9kNjF0NTU4LTM2MWMyODg1LTJhZjItNDIyOS04YmM3LWZkNDk0MzkwODVhNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Umhx-owRP_0t2r2Z3lI-AliMF-euZMvaxgQNycAateg

Notice how BIG the leaves look on the Felblood elf. Now those seem something that makes the bother on painting them onto the face worth the time and the effort.

/Enters thread.

/Sees High elf somehow 3-4 way war

/Goes away

… coward.

Especially taking into account you ARE a regular on the Velf thread XDXDXD.

2 Likes

They think this was war? Pfft.

This is nothing compared to what went on in the last few main helf threads. Lol

6 Likes

Tell me about it, now THAT was aggresive. Heck, I didn´t became a boogeyman for nothing.

6 Likes

I think that’s why I consider myself lucky. For the most part. Aside from a few people who took things a bit too far… :fox_face:

5 Likes

Being a Boogeyman is way more interesting.

2 Likes

Please, I´m VERY proud of such achievement. U_U

Has worked wonders too in the Belf thread, we keep posting without toxicity involved hehehe…

4 Likes
4 Likes

I just think that would be a bit weird if only one legion allied race don’t get new options.

With the hair colors on the PTR, if Void Elves got anything new, I’d hope for it to be several new hairstyles, all with tentacles. Thanks to the tentacle toggle, new hairstyles could be useable regardless of what theme a player desired.

Even if the devs won’t go back and add tentacles to the original hairstyles that never had any, they should make sure every new hairstyle Void Elves get has tentacles so that those who want tentacles have a plethora of options. And since the tentacle toggle is a thing now, hopefully these hypothetical new hairstyles with tentacles would be designed with the toggle in mind so as to look good even when the tentacles are toggled off.

8 Likes

Who said that? O.o

But it is true. Some people say void elves already got their customization pass, and i don’t agree with that. I think the only reason they got the skin tones is because blood elves got blue eyes.

You are talking about dark rangers? I totally agree.

1 Like

Sometimes I think it is really hard for late teens to grasp what Blizzard did. Both the fair skins and new hair options happen because of the on-going backlash they feel. Fair-skinned options came with the Mechagnomes, the new blond options as part of the ripcord they try to pull.

We will see more Void Elf options with the Blood Elf update.

1 Like

everyone knows that

the easter egg option is there for people now, if you want the actual culture and heritage of the blood elves then play the actual race it belongs to not the void corrupted version

that person you quoted wants more blood elf stuff for void elves but i would like to see more emphasis on the shadow

take inspiration from those venom movies for example. those symbiotes give people powerful abilities similar to what i imagine void elf abilities would look like and can do in lore when not limited to gameplay, even whisper to them and can override control if they really want to which the void seems more then capable of and hinted at in the stormwind horrific vision. when an opportunity presented itself with alleria at the sunwell, she couldnt control it or rein it back in by herself after all

more tentacles and monstrous things please for void elves. i might actually play one then

2 Likes