Why the lack of Customization?

Their problem, not mine. But I don´t appreciate the blatant attempt at poaching even our racial iconic symbol FFS!!! Let us keep AT LEAST that, my god!!!

Heck, they can already get their blue phoenix look-a-like with it´s own design by proxy of buying a 6 month sub.

2 Likes

Ah. I didn’t realize Lore was talking about void elves. I thought he was just talking about mounts in general.

Did someone say Rainbow Dash? The next logical step: https://www.breyerhorses.com/products/hope-2021-horse-of-the-year

WoW version of Equestria girls as an allied race using the Tauren model was a missed opportunity to print money. :sleepy:

Well, when he makes his post after Phaelia ask me if my petition isn´t simply the Ashes of A´lar (which means he posted after watching our conversation, conversation in which I clearly post this is a petition I want for the Belf race as much as Fen asked his for the HM Tauren race), the build of the conversation doesn´t exactly help Lore´s idea of getting “a blue phoenix” (so curious!!! blue like every Helfer thing they demand to be given exclusively!!!).

Lore doesn´t make petitions for the Belves, only for Helves and Velves. His thread was literally “let me get all and every Belf customization deployed in SL for my Velves”.

4 Likes

I’m not sure where this is coming from?
I’m not asking for the blue version of either of those mounts to be Alliance exclusive, especially since the originals were never exclusive to either faction.
I was simply asking for a mount color that I would have liked that everyone should have access to.

Wonderful, glad you won´t ask for the very stuff I´m asking to for once.

I´ll hold you for your words: you want a recolored thing of the already existing mounts, I´m asking for a NEW mount exclusive for the Belf race if Blizzard once upon a time decides to implement racial flying mounts. This mount would use the model of the phoenixes of Castle Nathria.

Moving on from this conversation.-

2 Likes

I don’t recall ever trying to take things you’ve asked for, but yes let’s please move on.

1 Like

I didn’t even realize Velen had different eye colours. I originally came to this thread to be like, more skin colours please but now I’m seeing all these fan edits and suggestions and I’m like omg my simple mind has been blown :exploding_head::exploding_head:

Thank you for posting the image :sparkling_heart:

Yah the Rangari and Broken tattoos are super cool!

5 Likes

Your thread disagrees. Also don´t bother answering, you getting the usual treatment reserved for you guys (Fallyn´s strat is a real blessing, I´ll have to thank her someday soon).

5 Likes

Two colors of metal, no jewelry for men, and the jewels are so ugly :frowning:

9 Likes

The tension and animosity in this thread is thick enough to cut. :scream:

I bet the developers are regretting their decision to open up the floodgates for customization. It probably feels more like they’ve opened up pandora’s box.

5 Likes

Jewerly is a failed concept without a color wheel attached to it.

It takes a lot of work to get the pieces to build a tmog (even if this is a tier set). Nobody ditches the stuff they spent days, weeks, months or even years trying to get just to put on a rando “jewerly” option that is the only thing NOT matching the colorations. People simply discard the jewerly and go on their merry way.

And this is not a problem exclusive to the Belves, ALL the races that got jewerly as part of their customizations have this issue. I know I have had to go back to the barbershop to remove jewerly I had picked before any time I try to change tmogs on my Mag´har or my Goblin or my Zandalari and so on…

4 Likes

They definitely did. Adding High Elf customizations to Void Elves opened a floodgate they didn’t expect.

2 Likes

He who-shall-not-be-named would had felt proud, this is the result of stoking playerbase animosity since Cata.

He´s probably laughing out there somewhere.

Or, it was the exact effect they intended. Addressing the faction imbalance was on their to-do list.

All races should have jewelry options like:

Metal Colors

• burnished gold
  • dull gold
  • silver
  • black
  • copper
  • bronze
  • rose gold

Jewel Colors

• blue
  • green
  • purple
  • red
  • diamond
  • black
  • yellow
  • pink
17 Likes

Lol, I highly doubt the so called High Elf features for Void Elves is going to help that much because Alliance still doesn’t have any type of endgame playerbase so there will never be any real reason for anyone to change from Horde to Alliance on a serious basis.

There were countless ways to incorporate high elves into the alliance without copy + pasting blood elf options, but it’s done for, so that’s neither here nor there.

8 Likes

i dont think being able to play pure blood elves is going to increase alliance participation in pve or pvp

1 Like

Helf customizations won´t fix the playerbase imbalance, the RP servers are already more active on the Alliance side of the fence. Nobody will leave their Horde mains just to play a Belf lookalike with a less useful racial when they already have the Belf lookalike on the Horde, at the most they will create another alt they would play some days and that´s it. Heck, not even legitimately “better racials” did the job in BfA or this expac.

The issue is a player born one. Somehow the players believe they would do better on Horde and won´t change back when they get the stuff they look for in the Horde, simple as that. A PvE esque mercenary mode or indeed, “shared” gameplay features between factions (like shared LFG / LFR / etc.) would be the only way to help, and for those it isn´t necessary to do anything different apart from making an adjustment.

There´s no need to change the faction capital affiliations, the devs can just deploy their FOTM neutral capitol (ala Oribos) and be done with this.

A good starter suggestion, will add different shades of white, grey and cream for “bone” jewerly like the one used by the Orcs or the Trolls. Add “steel gray” too to the suggestions above.

Also, i ran out of upvotes but stay assured I´ll upvote as soon as I can.

5 Likes