Why the lack of Customization?

Am I the only one who thinks that the short ear/eyebrow options on elves looks kinda… Wrong?

4 Likes

You aren’t the only one.

I strongly prefer the absurdly long ears, because it’s unique — before Warcraft came along, most of the fantasy works out there used Tolkien’s “leaf-shaped ear” idea for elves.

Today, we see a lot more of variety across the works, and I believe that Blizzard played a large part in that.

I like seeing diversity across works. I like it when I can immediately go, “Oh, that’s a Warcraft elf!” and “Oh, that’s a LotR elf!”

You get the idea.

So no, you aren’t alone!

8 Likes

When the pass on the ARs are finished, please give some more options to Pandaren! :grin:

2 Likes

I know this thread is focused on customization in terms of the character appearance.
However, what about class customization? Are there any future plans on introducing more features similar to the Warlock green fire? Even if they were reduced simply to glyphs to save on resources by not creating elaborate unlock scenarios, there are several ideas that would be splendid to have available.

Class skins would be a wonderful addition through the use of glyphs, allowing for example Demonology Warlocks to change their demons into Undead to fulfil the Necromancy fantasy, or providing thematic variants to Paladins and Priests that match their “source” of Light (Arcane/Moon theme for Night Elf, Solar theme for Tauren, etc.)

While it’s unfortunate that it was expressed not too long ago that new race-class combos will not be unlocking in the near future, I think class skins could be a good first step and would enhance the viability of unlocking new race-class combos when that time does eventually come.

4 Likes

Glyphs should only be used to enhance, not to fulfill entirely other class fantasies.

Glyphs to allow Void Elf Warriors to be Voidblades with void energies flowing off their blades sure, but I would hate to lose a true Necromancer class or Tinker class as mere customization options.

That’d be just as bad as Wildhammer being mere customization when they should have been a full AR.

Imo. Of course.

9 Likes

Yup! Dark Rangers are distinct enough from hunters (I won’t respond to arguments on this) to be their own class. So are both of the classes you mentioned. Just use your imagination.

3 Likes

As someone who has to deal with customer service, fact is that yes, the Helfers got a better and preferential customer service regardless of the origin of the asets. How so? Easy: they asked for A, B and C, and the devs delivered A, B and C. The other races customization pass on the other hand -and by this I mean both Core and AR- get the stuff Blizz “deems” appropiate, but NOT what the fans ask for. They´re the customer asking for A, B and C and getting X, Y and Z regardless of the petitions being made.

And sorry but that´s TERRIBAD customer service, I don´t deploy to a customer that asked for one thing another completely different thing just because I arbitrarily decided that was what the customer deserved and expect afterwards for the customer to feel happy with my choice done without his input. Especially when I told the aforementioned customer beforehand that I wanted to hear his/her/their input, period.

To save face as far as customer service goes at the very minimum. Cause they used the scheduled time of the core races to fix AR stuff for the Velves, fair is, to use a little bit of time of the AR to fix minor quick stuff for some core races.

Omg, I never knew I needed this.

Now I do. See you on the Forsaken thread, Baal.

Excuse me Mr., I clearly remember the core time getting used to fix your panties for the normal skins you guys got delivered BEFORE the actual AR pass.

I´m sure taking back some minutes of that time won´t kill you. Especially when you people got EXACTLY what you asked for -well, sans the actual Velf stuff fans like Fen -who I genuinely feel for- asked for.

Be a dear and help me beg for a REAL Phoenix mount for the Belves, yes? Like the models used for the Kael´thas fight in Castle Nathria.

You guys are the only race getting what the loudest fans literally ask for, my man.

Believe me, I´d rather the devs actually LISTENED to us in the core pass and implemented scars and runic tattoos / scarifications than several mediocre options of jewerly in two colors nobody uses cause they´re a pain to match with tmogs. And this speaking about females, males only got 3 options of beards and that was their “big” win.

11 Likes

The ones that slowly approach during the fight?

Honestly not a bad idea.

4 Likes

Isn’t that just ashes of a’lar?

I wish blizzard would do this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/eb8rvy/male_draenei_customization_options_and_model/

I found this on reddit and I know it’s about core Draenei but why not both??? Some of the asks like eye colours and hoof colours would be nice but a big ol Velen Santa beard would be awesome. Thin and short tendrils??? Never thought of half these things.

It also has the suggestion to separate horn and hair styles for male Draenei which is something I’ve always wanted. It’d give you a ton more options or maybe you like a certain horn style more but the current hair clips with your gear idk.

11 Likes

These look great :+1:

My favorites are the violet eyes and the Rangari and Broken style tattoos and paint.

I’d definitely like some Krokul style customizations for Draenei too :hugs:

21 Likes

Thats wonderful.

Old Gods I hope we get some of that.

4 Likes

It´s a HUGE improvement over TBC model of Ashes of A´lar.

We could get the pink to orange version with a WC3 Reforged pink to blue one, idc. I just want a phoenix as a flying mount for the Belves cause it´s the one that makes the most freaking sense.

4 Likes

I would love a blue version of the Ashes of A’lar.
I’m still waiting on them to add in the blue Solar Spirehawk from years ago.

2 Likes

Oh look!! the usual suspects asking for Belf stuff. Why am I NOT surprised?

Shouldn´t you people grow a creative bone every other day and ask for idk… your SC unicorns or something? A dragon? A fairy? Idk… anything that isn´t literally thematic of the Belf race?!? Will i have to do that for you too?

This is why we get tired of the likes that follow this behaviour, cause you guys don´t even try at getting creative on your petitions, you literally degenerate into “gimme, gimme the Belf stuff” just to make a 180º afterwards to complain you were treated “unfairly” cause instead of unique things you get Belf hand-me-downs. Maybe asking or suggesting stuff different to the Belf one will indeed make the devs work harder at fulfilling your petitions.

3 Likes

…what?

This over a request for a blue Phoenix model?

We already have a fire-red and a purple model. Might as well as add a blue one. :woman_shrugging:t3:

/sigh

Me and Fenelon talking about flying RACIAL mounts. As in, exclusive for each race (ergo why I don´t ask for the model already available in-game but the models currently deployed for the Kae´l´thas fight).

It´s a topic we have talked about extensively before. Under such conditions, Lore´s petition is annoying AF.

1 Like

My snarky side can’t let this opening pass.

I mean, isn’t that the whole point of their petitions summed up? Don’t get creative with the elves, blander the better!

4 Likes

Can the hair decoration for lightforged please be used on other hairstyles? Currently, only the “woven” style can use it.

2 Likes