Why the lack of Customization?

You’re whining because you can’t understand the difference between copy/pasting existing assets vs creating new ones, and thinking it’s only the posts in here that the team took feedback on.

Likewise, anyway onto better things.

2 Likes

This is looking great and bright for allied race fans.

Now I can see Maghars and dark iron dwarves go first then Kultiran and Zandalaris then Mechagnomes and Vulperas go next. Not to mention, lastly Void Elves will probably get their hairstyles and faces and accessories might come into place.

5 Likes

hehe i still dont have tats, headdresses, bracelets, tiaras, hair jewelry, markings, nor eyebrow modication and i have the same 8 hairstyles i started with. since i dont have tail/horns/hooves/antlers, i dont have any additional customizations for those categories either. where velfs won big was skin colors and now haircolors, but we will likely be getting void related stuff next. not sure when

2 Likes

I mean, just barely. It’s a pure political difference between the factions of one race.

Yes you are. The blue keeps going out of their way it seems to deliver more news to you guys about what you want, even when other races are supposedly the focus.

3 Likes

i like how you got a gymnastics routine to avoid admitting the race is already playable

im not a fan of playable nightborne(i want the actual model) but the things you want dont seem difficult. hope they get a second look before this patch goes live

4 Likes

Nice to see the Highmountain Tauren getting some love, and earlier than expected!

Makes me believe more than ever that the bulk of new customizations we’re seeing (outside of the copy/pastes for Void Elves) were stuff that had been worked on after 9.0 launched, and then got put on hold because someone decided customizations didn’t count as content.

11 Likes

Seriously. I wasn’t expecting Highmountain Tauren for at least another month. The haste with which they’re moving on these additions is both welcomed and suspicious.

I mean, let’s say they started working on these additions immediately after the Blizzcon backlash, that would’ve given them 5-6 months or so to work on them if they hadn’t started already. Maybe…that was enough time for all this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Oh they knew customizations were content, they just wanted to charge a premium for em (put them in at expansion releases).

2 Likes

Wow, that was fast. Can’t wait for void elves next week :blush:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1033151.jpg

At first from the thumbnails I thought it was horns with white paint on it before I looked at it in full view and saw the textures were missing. Yet honestly an option to have the ends of your horns painted would actually be really cool??

I don’t play HM Tauren but these updates look great!

4 Likes

There ya go :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you! :sparkling_heart: Hopefully one day the forum gods will grant me great power to post silly pictures :v:

HMT stuff just got datamined, despite them mentioning HMT only once. Stop moping and have some patience for whatever more customizations you want on your fav race(s).

1 Like

Stop trying to police everyone else’s emotions. After all the bs I’ve heard about how how horrible it is to question your wants from so many people, I don’t have patience for a high elf person acting like other people advocating for their desires or expressing disappointment in what they feel are bad or biased decisions are somehow wrong in any way.

13 Likes

it probably just feels extra cause we velfs had a huge reaction vs. say nightborne who got a huge update but hardly anyone is discussing it

8 Likes

Then go ahead and act like the universe is against you, it doesn’t change how some people are acting like they can implement new assets in a matter of seconds, the amount of entitlement is incredibly silly from some people here.

The HMT customizations show just because they don’t make mention of every single new piece of options doesn’t mean they’re not working on those things.

Just keep asking for whatever you wanna see, but I find it ridiculous those who think the team can implement new options as quickly as transferring existing assets, especially when some of these same people would spout to Velf/Helf fans to ‘stop screaming/kicking/whining for more’. Now those people are doing the same ‘screaming/kicking/whining for more’ and that’s ok for you now?

That’s my main point.

2 Likes

It’s mainly the way it’s announced

"We’re going to be starting with NB and LFD stuff, we’re going to get to HMT later, oh yeah, and we’re tossing in ears for void elves.
"We hear you, we’re adding in some more hair for void elves!
"What, you want more? Here’s 3 more colors for the void elves!
“Of course we’re listening! Let’s get rid of the last bit of void in void elves with you and you can get rid of tentacles too!”

There hasn’t been the sort of announcements for extras for NB and LFD, Belves who have some valid tiny requests get pawned off with later. It just looks off.

15 Likes

are you kidding me

3 Likes

Stop telling people not to be upset, not to think that when you are getting tons of stuff that further screws over people who liked distinct races that you’re just getting scraps and not basically what that group has been crusading for for years.

That’s my main point

You guys showed us the way. If you’re obnoxious enough for long enough blizz will cave to your demands. Don’t try to put that genie back in the bottle and complain when people start using your effective tactics in a way you don’t like now.

4 Likes

Nightborne is actually really underwhelming minus the new eye feature but everything else seems like more of the same especially the skintones and the hair colors because it’s not like as if we didn’t already have enough black/white based hair colors or dark based skintones Blizzard went like all in on those and that makes me really sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

6 Likes