Why the lack of Customization?

Those are just suggestions :slight_smile: Since linxy says the devs are taking feedback I wanted to post some stuff I’d like to see and stuff I see others wanting.

9 Likes

Yeah thanks we also have Alleria as our racial leader.

3 Likes

That’s his wishlist

Stop trying to downplay the favoritism Void Elves are being shown. The ease in which the options that are being asked for is irrelevant; Void Elf requests have been directly responded to, and then immediately implemented. No other race has been afforded this treatment.

8 Likes

It’s very relevant lol but keep thinking it’s not.

Think about why that is based on what I said above.

Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei have also requested customization options from their respective core race to be shared, only their requests haven’t been answered.

Void Elves are not the only allied race that shares a core race model, but they are the only one to be shown this level of care when it comes to implementing additions at the snap of a finger.

I can’t wait to see what they’ll be adding for Void Elves next when the customization pass for Highmountain Tauren begins. :yawning_face:

2 Likes

To be fair they haven’t really added anything for the void elf fans, it’s all been for the people who were upset blizz stuck the high elf race on the horde.

7 Likes

Yeah and HMT are coming up like they’ve noted. Whereas again, LFD got a bunch of new assets created, I have not seen that many ask for copy paste from their core races in the past 2 years so it’s maybe not as popular a request, again stop acting like the posts in this thread were the only ones considered.

You can choose to keep being upset/annoyed/frustrated if you wish but that doesn’t change the fact that LFD and NB, and most likely HMT have gained a lot of new assets.

Also stop acting like they won’t do more customization passes in the future, they’ve literally done more character customization updates at a more frequent pace than before WoD.

Nah, that’s too broad of a stroke. I only began in wrath and saw all the high elves and silver covenant in alliance and wished they were playable.

Best part about all this is I stopped in cata firelands. Skipped mop, skipped WoD. Only half of legion, and still eventually got high elves on alliance.

I wonder how many of those opposed to all the high elf customizations on void elves have been subbed straight through all those years and failed at gating customizations from other players there are.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that would require actual work. So it won’t happen as fast.

And they still haven’t fixed some of the odd gaps in the de-tentacled hairstyles so here’s hoping they are working on both solutions.

As far as modeling goes, additional tendrils would be the easies way to add more meaningful customization and add the void flair to every hairstyle/color. So it should be the main route they take when it comes to hair color.

7 Likes

There, stop the whining.

5 Likes

you mean you went to dalaran. and they were playable and dont forget that doesnt change the fact that the alliance populations back home dont even trust the few refugees that they took in and gave them a cold reception :relaxed:

Nah I’m talking at the Argent Tournament and how Silver Covenant is a faction rep only available to Alliance and how you can only rep the Silver Covenant on an Alliance character.

Keep making false stories about others you don’t know though.

3 Likes

And yet you didn’t decide to play the high elves that were available but instead wanted it your way.

And are here in the thread yelling at other people who are expressing their opinions about what they’d like and how they feel one group is getting oversized responses compared to everyone else.

8 Likes

omg the SC and sunreavers of dalaran are helping tirion host a tournament to find the strongest champions and handing out rewards. they are totally out there like the void elves and alleria ion was wrong

They’ve got a fair number of days yet in this patch work. I’m hoping they’ll do that part before 9.1.5 drops.

They’re very clearly more focused on High Elf options though. Thankfully some of those can be useful for Void Elves proper as well. Always was a fair amount of potential for crossover from the get go.

I do hope eventually for more void focused options down the line.

9 Likes

So, whining to you is pointing out the hypocrisy in your view and wanting the races to be given fair treatment when it comes to acknowledgment? Void Elf players are some of the biggest whiners on this forum. You truly don’t know up from down.

New Highmountain Tauren Customization Options Datamined on Patch 9.1.5 PTR

Anyway, yay for the Highmountain Tauren! I hope there’s tons of stuff in there that makes them happy. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Big update for HMT I am happy for the fans who play as them

9 Likes

Yes because Alliance High Elf =/= Horde Blood Elf, not sure how you don’t understand that at this point. Even Blizzard does, hence giving High Elf customizations to Alliance side.

No one’s yelling, and I’m telling people to have patience for what they’d like since obviously the team can’t create stuff in mere seconds.

No one group is getting ‘oversized responses’ that’s more of a ‘your perception’ issue than anything else, just like those who were saying Void Elves fan ‘took over this thread’ when there’s simply a few comments about it in this thread before Linxy posted hair colors were on their way (an easy implementation).

I’m not telling anyone how they should feel, just saying to look at the reality of the situation.

That someone cannot understand copy pasting is simpler/quicker than creating new assets is their own problem with reality to deal with.

3 Likes

You can only rep the Silver Covenant on an Alliance character, nothing you stated here changes that.

3 Likes