Why the lack of Customization?

I hope the team knows that blood elves want more customization! we must have tattoos, scars and light customization!

4 Likes

Hey there,

Speaking for myself, but I’m hoping to see, with lore, customizations or allied races that encompass felblood elves, dark rangers, and San’layn.

I think Dark Ranger customization would be excellent for blood elves, and focusing on their darker sides too–this also applies to felblood, but there would need to be lore involved.

That aside, tattoos & scarring would also be loved, as a blood elf player, as well.

I really am hoping the darker side of blood elves are explored, and customizations that emphasize the fel aspect and the blood/undead aspect are added. My biggest want is a San’layn allied race, which I’ve outlined in my other thread, something that can definitely be looked into for ideas.

Edit: Just to clarify, these should be HORDE options.

22 Likes

Congratulation on undermining the identity of Void Elves further because you think catering to a small loud group will save you some face.

8 Likes

She is an NPC in Stormwind, walks around in the city or by a house at the lake.
Riftwarden Acolyte may be the NPC name.

6 Likes

BLONDE HAIR FOR VES! :eyes: :eyes:

6 Likes

Linxy, you just me this girl a really happy girl :heart:

Thank you so much.

Is there any chance we can customize our Entropic Embrace Racial effect to minimize us turning blue when going into combat? Like a customisation option or even a glyph.

3 Likes

Where are our shiny mana hands?
-pbs.twimg.com/media/E91Or4UX0AMrKui?format=png&name=small

so much customization for the void elves and so little for the nightborne !!

2 Likes

linxy. thank you for interacting with the comminity. its a rare treat. but is there any way for the horde/blood elf players suggestions to also get passed along? or should only the alliance be submitting suggestions? its hard not to feel this was as anyone with 2 eyes and a breath can see 1 allied race is continually getting looked at with every customization pass and has arguably more impactful options then the parent core race it is suppoed to be a variant of. a vocal minority have effectively ‘neutralized’ a horde race that some people have invested over 14 years into with not a peep that you are even listening to our concerns

im just going to get to it. we want to play farstrider blood elves. all we need are the tattoos that we first saw in wc2 and continue to see in the game if you play a hunter. its literally the survival hunter icon as well as their camouflage spell icon. these green and blue tattoos would really make that farstrider fantasy pop

Imgur

there are also magister runic tattoos that would be great for people who want to lean into that direction

im not a void elf. being a blood elf should mean something

thanks, sincerely

the blood elf players

23 Likes

These are beautiful! Thank you for all the info Linxy! Can’t wait for the tentacle toggle and all these new customizations!

4 Likes

While you’re doing that can you also get rid of the restrictions on mogging holiday gear only during those holidays.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how people wouldn’t be scared with the sanlayn the last time they were in the horde did they kill horde soldiers and eat them? How will they prevent people from eating when they like to eat people? It would be like letting a cannibal serial killer live in your own home

As I’ve explained with this topic several times before:
-The actions of a singular person = / = everyone else.
-If that were the case, all orcs would be mindless and violent, which they’re not.
-Same applies for forsaken.
-These undead have free will, meaning shoving them all into an ‘evil box’ is ridiculous. See Death Knights.
-There have been several undead that have attacked the Horde and they’re still part of the Horde. Same with Orcs. Same with trolls. Same with practically every single example we can give in the game.
-So no, the actions of one when a story can easily be written like DEATH KNIGHTS don’t define every single member of undead with free will.
-Undead are a part of the Horde and literally have cannibalize.
-San’layn can easily drink the blood of their enemies, which there is never a shortage of. Problem solved. No, this doesn’t even mean alliance. I suppose people just aren’t paying attention, but there’s people to fight on a regular basis who are not faction related.

You know. How Death Knights regulate how to control themselves. Oh, yeah.

5 Likes

Beyond amazing!!! Truly grateful for all the extra customizations coming in 9.1.5, thank you thank you!

Would also be ever more grateful to eventually receiving options on Void Elves to emulate their leader, Alleria Windrunner, for both males and females! The warpaint/tattoos, the feathery hair accessories, and braided hairstyles! :hugs:

Thank you and the team again for the wonderful work so far!

17 Likes

DKs suffer a different form of undeath. they feed off the pain they inflict on others.

the forsaken have racial cannibalization and we saw all the terrible and monstrous things that the forsaken did having human slaves who tortured and ate, I don’t want to see that in quelthalas.

Surely the sanlayn could eat enemies? would they eat humans? Should we go once again as villains to kill the alliance to feed cannibal monsters?

1 Like

…Which isn’t much better.

You might not want to see it. I don’t want to see light customization. Looks like we’re in agreement of not wanting to see what each other want, aren’t we.

I’ve already explained my point. I’m not going to repeat myself again.

it means you have orange text over your head to the real elf players.

1 Like

You explained your point and I explained mine.

I don’t want cannibal monsters in quelthalas.

horde has over 2/3rds of the elves and 2 majestic elven cities. you have a soulless clone and elves who used to jump around in a hollowed out tree

:woman_technologist:t5:

3 Likes

I like how you all are simultaneously crying and boasting at the same time.

30 Likes

Since people are needing reasons for this addition, by the way, I will present lore-friendly ways to get all of the above.

Dark Rangers
Dark Rangers are already part of the Horde. The playable ones would be those that broke off from Sylvanas, because there no doubt would be a few. They would be with the forsaken who made the same choice.

San’layn
San’layn are supposedly more tricky, but I want to make one thing clear, because it keeps getting twisted. I do not want them to be an evil addition to the Horde. We have Death Knights & forsaken who have free will. We’ve seen the undead with free will can make their own decisions, including with regard to being heroic. It all depends on the personality/soul, because they are not mindless.

That said, there are a few options. Option (A) would be Kael’thas being granted a second chance. He returns to Azeroth as a Blood King (and we know the undead can return from Shadowlands as evident by the horsemen). He would lead a faction of San’layn who have been in hiding but truly want to join their blood elf brethren and fight for the Horde, as well as redemption. (B) would be Lana’thel breaking free of the mawsworn and working toward redemption in the same fashion now that she is free from Arthas and can make her own decisions. (C) would be the missing blood princes (Theraldis and Atherann) having been working in the shadows for years with their San’layn and desire to join the horde now that they have free will, pulling strings to help the faction, eventually proposing joining. Dreven would have come from them and failed. He would not represent the San’layn, nor attacking their own people.

In all of the above, San’layn would have a Death Knight-like story. Death Knights need to satiate their need to provide pain. They do so by fighting enemies. This would apply to San’layn who would also drink from only enemies. This would not have to be the Alliance, either, as there is never a shortage of enemies on Azeroth or evils to fight.

Felblood Elves
A section of felbloods survived and have been surviving on their own. They choose to seek redemption and approach the Blood Elves. They are scrutinized at first, but help with various major tasks, including city defense to be let in.

Alternatively, Blood Elves experimenting with fel, go a bit too far, and are transformed into felbloods. They are trained how to control themselves by demon hunters. Unlocking felblood customization. They wanted to tap into matters like void elves, but went too far, resulting in this. Once more, they would need to prove their worth by fighting off many enemies of Silvermoon.

16 Likes