Why the lack of Customization?

Still over here yearning for black skin for lightforged.

9 Likes

I want this hair decoration to be used in more hairstyles. Only one can use it :confused:

10 Likes

Eh…

I have actually no response for how stupid this entire post really.

3 Likes

Yes please. Colour Wheels. Then there will be no complaints about Hair Colours, and we can all pick more different shades of the colours we want.

3 Likes

raen-art

d4ybre4ker

repost:

???

We’re so close to Lightforged feeling like they’re a bit more than just regular draenei with a gold coat of paint, but the lack of deeper skin colours is just really holding them back from having visual diversity. (They only have 7. Nightborne now have 10.)

Darker colours pop with the light theme. We should embrace the contrast, not pigeonhole them into light browns, whites, and bronzes.

Another thing that could bring them more up to par is allowing parts of the horns to glow.
Maybe even the tendrils, using the tech from void elves?

15 Likes

Some people have been doing this a lot lately. I am going to add this comment to make my peace leave it because I do not like dealing with drama.

San’layn are the extreme of both the Blood Elf, Kael’s troops that fled to Outland before returning for vengeance, and the Forsaken, people who where raised by the Lich King against their will and forced to serve, fantasys.

If ANY faction should get them, it should be the one that has both these groups and ONLY the faction that has both. (Horde)

If anyone is going to be petty and say San’layn should go Alliance as some kind of demented revenge for people disagreeing for requesting High Elves or as some kind of attempt to keep darker themes away from Blood Elves or as some kind of troll or to bait drama, you need to just stop it.

That kind of of behavior is unacceptable and it is being cruel to fans of San’layn and those themes for no good reason.

It is perfectly acceptable for Horde players to request this and is NOT okay to try and steal their ideas to Troll/Harass/Get Revenge/Block.

“Void sometimes is red!” is not a good justification. “Alliance already has Goth Elves” is not a good justification.

Stop it and move on.

16 Likes

You know what’s a good justification?
Doing the Alliance BFA war camapgin and seeing how the San’layn acted, what happened when Dreven’s clutch was killed, and seeing Talanji’s reaction.

Sorry there’s a request you people don’t personally approve of that’s entirely valid in the lore. And sorry some of us have basic game development experience to understand that spreading aesthetics is a good thing. Red eyes are not an exclusive, and neither is the idea of an undead elf - especially one not connected to the Forsaken.

Ya’ll stop it and think outside the box for once.

Also, guess Void Elves should be Horde then by the same stretched logic, and Nightborne should be Alliance.

No wrong think allowed in customization thread
The Queen of Vampires says it’s wrong, and so do people who have done nothing but harass high elf players for 4 years. Truly, their input matters more than the actual quests they want to ignore non-stop.

Also, I’m not the only one whose been saying it, but I also pay attention to threads as a whole, not mega threads where people throw temper-tantrums and had to throw “HORDE” in all caps in the title the moment anybody started mentioning they wanted Alliance vampire elves.
Wanna talk petty? It’s that kind of crap.

This is coming from a HE fan who wanted to duplicate a pre existing Horde race to fit the outside of the box concept of Humans dwarves and Elves?

Also the person you replied to is pretty pro HE as in I disagree with them most of the time just for reference

So idk who “you” people you are referring to?

So like how you’re asking for a third visual theme before BEs even have a second, and you’re doing so in response to BEs even possibly getting a second visual theme? You’re not really advocating for equal treatment but continued special treatment because the AR would continue to offer an array of options the main parent core race doesn’t. So is this statement you love saying more or less directed at yourself?

6 Likes

So anyways, Alliance San’layn attached to Void Elves as a subrace, at the same time as other elves getting expanded customization and subrace options ranging from dark rangers to felborne, does actually make sense in the lore, and actually has setup already in the game.

Stretches for me, and also for thee.

Ultimately, given that Void can and has appeared as a variety of other colors other than black and purple, that is justification for them to acquire those colors in their customization which would thus encompass more Void themed customization which many advocate for.

This doesn’t stop those colors from being represented on other races though, including Blood Elves, through alternative and equally valid means. Both Void Elves and Blood Elves have equal and valid claims to the color red. Neither should have it exclusive to themselves. Void Elves through Void Magic means, Blood Elves (and all Death Knights) through Blood Magic means.

11 Likes

neither faction has a claim to san’layn because they arent a part of either. all it takes is another group of san’layn to denounce drevens actions as those of a crazed individual and making friends with void elves who they could have a kinship with giving their circumstances. alleria would be their in. if the alliance accepted something as corrupt as a void elf why not a san’layn

3 Likes

I will never understand the mindset - I actually do, but they really hate it when I point out what leads to that because the truth hurts - of claiming somebody getting something at the same time as them means that they also didn’t get it.

Also, that somebody else getting something doesn’t mean they’re not getting something too, even if it’s different, or that multiple races covering multiple themes but with a different story is also “theft”.

This whole thing is a train wreck I’ve never seen in any other MMORPG.
The tribalism is getting dumb.

Story wise, it’d be nice if they didn’t actually "accept " them and just put up with them because Umbric’s been doing such a good job, they’ll bite their tongue and just look the other way.

We actually need more tension in the Alliance.
Introducing allies like that would actually help a ton.

There’s a few other races that could be introduced down the road (Naga being a major one.) that could build those tensions as well, and provide for some internal political issues within the Alliance.

People say the Alliance is boring, but the moment we start talking about ways to fix that which isn’t them going full crusader, it’s just met with a resounding “but that’s horde”.

IDK, seems kind of dramatic to act like this for a race that is not part of a faction.

I’m not asking for san’layn mind you. And I agree people can see that they should be horde for whatever reason.

But pretending that is wrong to ask for them in the alliance is just absurd. They legitimately have no actual claim to them.

You don’t see the alliance acting all emotional every time the horde asks for Man’ari or Argus broken.

Or every time they say “we should have mogu because we don’t have the draenei model” as if we had more of their models here.

As for red stuff for void elves.

Why not? the void is not “sometimes red” red is a major part of the void. And again, there’s no reason for that to be “horde exclusive”. As mentioned above San’layn don’t even have those eyes, so what?

You don’t see the alliance asking for belves to lose their gold eyes because we have lightforged.

4 Likes

I really want to know why little bat shaped ears don’t suit the void elf kit, and maybe some red tinted void skins. That’s really all they’d need to make them playable, especially because the hair styles already suit the gothic nosferatu theme when you turn the tentacles off.
Bonus would be those giant claws they sometimes tend to have. Gimmie that for my void elves, not even for the subrace.

Like wow, such an absurd request to want gothic customization traits on gothic theme elves that draw heavy inspirations from 80s/90s darkwave and emo subcultures.

When it comes to requests like this, ease of development does matter, and they’d be insanely easy to add to void elves as a subrace.

edit:
A keen eyed somebody just linked me this on Discord.

Imgur

Irony.

6 Likes

oh, dont forget fangs. velves should have that regardless of anything

2 Likes

My actual void elf has big fangs and… yes. I want.

Granted, all elves do have fangs. Thalassians just got itty bitty ones.

1 Like

I think more goth customization on Velves should be a given, without any San’layn stuff.

It’s also funny how Belves keep asking for a second theme, and now are obsessed with San’layn seemingly because it’s a “dark theme” as said above , don’t keep dark themes off belves. But if a second theme is light-themed like the sunwell, they reject it.

So I have to wonder how truthful the entire thing is.

I’m not talking about Fellyn in particular. I’m sure she and many are genuinely interested, but it definitely seems there’s a side who wants “dark” blood elves just to be like void elves. And this seems to be in retaliation to “high elves” that they tried to stop for years.

So who’s being petty now?

I mean, they do, all elves do.

2 Likes

As far as red eyes go, I’m fairly neutral on the matter.

If Void Elves were to get red eyes, I’d have them slitted and more akin to the Old God appearances as well as Azshara, as seen here;

So while I do agree with the Old God reasoning, I’m personally not interested in San’layn options for the Alliance.

Starcursed assets rank much higher for me than red eyes do.

As far as Blood Elves go, I’d personally like to see them get a more Crimson red color, resembling the Blood anima they use, putting the Blood in Blood Elf.

I also support more Undead assets for them, in addition to Felbloods, giving them more themes to be on par with Void Elves :hugs:

17 Likes

i was thinking of a mouth of teeth like yogg saron

https://i.imgur.com/suBHUQV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium