San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

I have a yearly rewatch. Up to season 5 it’s great but it tapers off. I still love it though.

1 Like

I feel like I didn’t tune in until like the end seasons so it’s all I know lol I heard there is a re boot in the works but without the people or something idk I like re boots but I also like reboots with original cast like I’ve yet to see the new gossip girl for this exact reason

I’ll try to start Trueblood from the beginning for the vampire vibes after Mare of Easttown (I accidentally started and enjoyed midnight mass on Netflix which I watched for the spooky vibes but really wanted another show with a small town feel to it)

1 Like

It’s honestly a better show to watch from the beginning. Midnight Mass is a masterpiece of a show.

I’m very dubious about a reboot. I’m not sure if I could watch it with a new cast, even without Anna Paquin.

1 Like

I loved it I was a little against it because we won’t be getting a “haunting of” this year in favor of midnight mass but not even mad at it, also slightly fitting it came up in this thread lol.

Yeah I feel like some stuff I’m unsure about, especially when its a reboot and not a spin off or like a prequel or something I guess, hopefully what ever they do they do the show justice it was a good Vampire show imo.

I hope they don’t just retell the same story. I’d like a new story set in the same universe with other characters. Same composer too, because the music in that show was fantastic

Figured I would post this here for all the “San’layn for Void Elves!” trolls who have been popping up.

9 Likes

Oops all betrayal.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I’m super tired of it and done with the argument. I think I’m done with that thread for good, or am going to try to be, and will focus on this one and other customization threads I care for. If they want to make a “San’layn for void elves” thread, they should go ahead and do it. I will share my disagreement with it, then mute it. They can then proceed to mute this thread.

I shared my ideas on that thread, along with the pictures, in hopes it’d be added for Blood Elves or a Horde Allied Race. Hopefully Blizzard will consider it.

Also, yeah, they were Kael’s elite forces in origin, fighting for Silvermoon City in that era and then falling by obvious methods.

As for True Blood, I read the first book in the “Sookie Stackhouse” series and couldn’t get into it. It was good, really, just wasn’t my thing. I can’t put my finger on why… I think it didn’t have enough fantasy & action for me. I’m not a fan of just vampires or shifters, I like heavy fantasy in urban. Also why I couldn’t get into the vampire dairies show. Though if I recall correctly, the book series in that had kitsune, a mythical monster I adore as much as vampires. I read vampire diaries as a teen and remember enjoying it, but not specifics aside from that. L. J. Smith’s Night World series intrigued me far more.

8 Likes

The books I’ve heard are hit or miss if you like them. Have you seen the show? I reckon from what I’ve seen in your posts, you would really like Pamela Swynfort de Beaufort. She was a madame at a brothel in the early 1900s and is a bad B that loves black leather, pink, and Tiffany’s. She’s my favourite.

I haven’t seen it yet, no! Is there a lot of action and fight scenes in it involving bloodshed? I like romance, but straight romance (not like, the sexuality, I’m fine with every sexuality! Meaning JUST romance) is kinda boring.

Silly me, they have. It’s apparently dead now, though. What a surprise.

3 Likes

Well, I will say there’s a lot of sex, which… can sometimes be over the top. There’s a lot of violence and bloodshed, both from vampires but also from different beings. I highly recommend it.

Edit: and there’s romance, but it’s all over the place in the best, tragic sort of way.

I say don’t give up. Those people will blow over eventually. I said my peace so I don’t have to deal with them anymore.

Even if you only end up responding to the Blues when they ask for feedback it will help push things forward.

The best way to ask for something is through passion, not arguments.

That said I perfectly understand if you don’t want to deal with that crap again. There are other ways to give feedback, and quite frankly less stressful ones.

3 Likes

I’m passionate about arguments but I’m pretty sure everyone already knows that about me which is why I wanted to say it after giving you a like. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Huh okay, I don’t mind NSFW stuff! I will have to check it out sometime. Gore and intimacy don’t bother me. I just didn’t like the book at all, but it likely will translate better in show form, I reckon. Whereas Vampire Diaries didn’t in my personal opinion >.>

This is something I need drilled into my head because I get baited way too easily and wish I could stop, because I’ll get myself all riled up, and for what? I’m not going to change anyone’s opinion so why do I bother? (Arguing, I mean). It’s a nasty, nasty habit.

Yeah, and I will be on this thread anyhow, sharing art & ideas, discussing vampire shows/books/movies/lore. I think it’s constructive to get ideas in general of what people like in vampires. Ideally there would be multiple types of playable vampires, but I know that is far too much to ask.

Me too. You do say I am nicer which is great but I do end up eventually snapping like I did tonight. You can even visibly see the post where it happened, too. Let my temper get the better of me but eh. What’s done is done. I also didn’t say anything remotely bannable, you can just tell my tone is very nasty.

4 Likes

I still think you should give Midnight Mass a watch though idk what to call it, it just seems fitting very on brand spooky

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I need to check that out still ^^ Augh I’ve had so much on my plate lately which prevents me from reading and watching. I hope work calms down soon so I can rest my mind and do so.

1 Like

It happens to us all sometimes, trust me I know all too well because of how many times I have and I do argue with people and it gets out of hand whether it’s personal attacks directed at me, defending friends or arguing my stances it can escalate quickly, however I’m never ashamed to stand by my thoughts, feelings or emotions and you shouldn’t be either even if they were a bit snappy. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, I have never seen this thread before. That second pic of the waving woman is killing me. She is perfection. I am an Alliance diehard, but dang that is stunning.

3 Likes

Darn we can’t share mp4s from imugur.

Ah well, I made this of my San’layn OCs, enjoy.

Edit: Wait… it worked! Neat! Okay the credit is in the album itself :slight_smile: https://imgur.com/a/l1hciJH

Okay in that case I’m obligated to share more then, of my OCs :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Fallyn is so nice, hope she gets her wishes.

2 Likes