Why the lack of Customization?

Is not a few touches , and Illidan is not even the one Slouching lmao you are so bad at excuses. Illidan is plain shorter and doesn’t have the muscles on top of the shoulders. But you can keep trying to minimize it, doesn’t work for anyone with eyes.

Just going to say, 365 days makes 50 shades look like something romantic and healthy…

I did… as a rogue main, I still miss it and I´m still salty we lost it for no apparent reason.

I proposed it as a “blood” effect falling from the claws of the San´layn in your thread.

I´m still baffled the Ombré idea with the regular hair colors wasn´t supported more, I mean that was one good and cool way to give them their “Helfer” hair WITH an unique touch added.

I´d love something like that for my Belf toon, but considering it was proposed first in the Velf thread, I rather not poach it. It wouldn´t be fair.

1 Like

It’s weird because another ‘‘enchant’’ missing is the healing one from BC. Such a cool illusion…

The poison illusion existed for a hot minute and I’m not sure when it vanished?

There’s 2 things that I’d like to see updated on male night elves:

• Make male night elf faces look younger and less angry. There’s only 1 decent male night elf face (face 1). The other faces are unusable unless they’re covered up by a beard. If the only time they look ok is when they’re hidden, that’s a problem.

• Better proportions. The male night elf waist and hips are disproportionately small to the point where they look ridiculous. They have crazier proportions than even the incredible hulk. This has been a constant issue that still needs to be fixed.

10 Likes

I posted this on my thread too recently, but I don’t think I tossed the images in here!

Via https://imgur.com/user/zombiequalia

(Skin colors I assume would also include all of them as a Thalassian elf).

Then, this was a gif showing off heritage armor ideas (just look at those bat wing shoulders!) and an animation as well.

There is more from the video but I don’t feel like digging XD

That is terrifying…

Yeah exactly, I remember! Such a cool effect and STILL don’t know why it’s not a thing anymore.

UGH I wish. Hair dyes and like…varying hair colors in general would be neat.

Okay I know I like San’layn a bit much, BUT this is a good example of hair with different colors:

Not ombre, but an idea on like… hair color mixings at least.

I really wish we had ombre in general and such. We can do it sort of in FFXIV and I’d love that option in WoW.

Edit: Also the San’layn mockups I shared were made years ago at this point so I’d be surprised if blizzard has not yet seen it… but might as well bring it up again.

18 Likes

This post? Already bookmarked for future additions. :smiley: (I also commented and liked for visibility)

Yes, this is exactly the kind of stuff Blood Elves need.

Those are amazing. Happen to have the original artist name?

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, Nelves look like synthol guys

https://i.imgur.com/6Q7Eksx.png

1 Like

Yeah! They are right here :slight_smile: @ZombieQualia on twitter, though be aware that they do NSFW content as well.

1 Like

What muscles on top of the shoulders is he missing?

You were saying?

Yes, he’s a dungeon model of a special night elf character who has a much different posture in game than night elves generally do, there are differences. But nothing big.

3 Likes

LMAO good lord you are actually trying to use the character scaling as a “proof” that he’s not shorter.

You are just terrible as a troll.

I feel like the illidan model there looks more accurate proportionally? I could be seeing wrong though, I am terrible at anatomy.

7 Likes

you’re the one using resized models to declare him shorter.

No argument there, just don’t think it’s massively different

You are seeing right because you are actually not trying to lie about what’s depicted.

You don’t even know the meaning of the word scaling now? lmao.

You took a picture of two models, scaled to be approximately the same size and you’re complaining that I don’t get scaling? You can’t say something is shorter or taller if you scale them differently, you’re arbitrarily changing the model size to fit a standard page size. And again, the Illidan model was probably optimized for the posture he has when he’s actually in game, not a a standing straight up pose.

I have to admit, I missed something x.x what are we trying to argue? Something different pose-wise for night elves, or more body types? I’m entirely for more body types myself. They’d need to modify armor and such for it but like… chop chop in that case, I say.

They’ve been making the point that night elf models are complete trash and Illidan’s WoE model is like a whole new thing not based on the night elf model. Not sure if they dropped the last bit or not.

Again, you don’t know the meaning of the word scaling clearly.

And you clearly don’t understand art assets or how they work either, nor can you identify the differences between models.

Either that or you are just being willingly ignorant. Which is fine. I like to see trolls trying to excuse themselves.

Oh I see. I don’t mind the night elf model myself, but I like the illidan one shared better, granted I’m a big fan of Illidan so there is that. (the one shared in this thread recently I mean)

2 Likes

Says the person trying to pretend rescaled flat images of a specific pose from one angle that the model may not ever use when in action gives you meaningful info on model differences.

I get that, there are some changes, I’m just stubborningly not accepting the idea that they are anything more than differently tweaked versions of the same thing.

2 Likes

OMG, these are GREAT!!!

I love the tear marks… if you give me permission, I´d like to ask for something similar to AT LEAST options No. 4 and 6 to be shared in other colors for the regular Belf model.

The “muh CUTE Barbie” players were already cattered to in January´s pass… as someone who desires a more "hardcore and “this is NOT a Barbie” customization options, those work extremely well to achieve the image I´d like for my toons (both the female AND the male… guys can use “make up” too and be completely manly while at it).

Hehehe, that one had some stuff, I think the damaged ear I had posted earlier.

Here, let me help you:

Concept art in 3D for damaged ears made by u/wrath_babyy and posted on reddit:

https://preview.redd.it/mq6fno5l7xe61.jpg?width=2400&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=731c3fed433061cd73ab46e7bdc103bb67a122fb

It´s the ONLY example so far, but something is better than nothing.

4 Likes