Fan-made depictions of Nightborne hairstyles for male and female. Obviously, it’s a little angular and done in the style of the artist, but could you imagine if THIS is what we got?
Can we please have the Female Dwarfs Battlemaiden Hairstyle added to Female Nightelf, Pleeeease!!
When you’re all ready to hit up Mechagnomes again please take a look at this thread!
I tried to gather ideas from across the Mechagnomes community!
At this point, I kinda wish they’d do proper allied races with high elves and wild hammer, put in the effort. Can leave some of the customizations to cross over between them and void elves. Divide them out as their own thing and add the extra effort to do it right.
We’ve added black, white and brown hair color options for Void Elves. ^^
Thanks for the suggestions!
Woohoo! Thank you so much!
I see, so you continue to cater to the void elf fans but completely ignore the pleas from the blood elf fans to add something unique?
Please consider different colours to represent dark ranger customizations, as it’s likely something they can’t take. Thank you.
Is there any reason the void theme of the void elves is getting neglected while there have been multiple passes of additions for non-void stuff?
I will admit… this aspect is incredibly frustrating. I’d like to see at least some ASSURANCE they’re looking into other races/unique customizations for blood elves, even if they can’t do it now. Maybe working on it for showing up in a future patch?
Just some acknowledgement about the ideas we’ve shared… as opposed to radio silence for practically everyone but void elves.
It’s great that they’re getting that stuff, and that Blizzard is listening. But… just using some words or reassurance that yes, they are hearing this feedback would be nice. sigh
Edit: And yes, I mean for other races too besides elves, but I primarily play blood elves/am interested in Dark Rangers/San’layn/Felbloods, so I’m going to mention them more! Oh, and blood elf customization like tattoos/scarring/less clunky jewelry)
Any chance we can have along with the tentacle removal a tentacle add to hairstyles that don’t have them?
Appreciate your work. Thank you.
I’m also going to echo my blood elf friends above, any chance we can get some word that Blood Elves and the void options of Void Elves will get a bit of a look sometime in the future?
Amazing! Thank you so much!
You guys are doing some amazing work! It’s nice to have all these long standing ideas finally see the light of day.
Here’s a compellation of more suggestions for any future considerations For Void/High Elves. Also some potential Blood Elf Stuff.
Void Elf/High Elf Ideas-
- Some Lore showing that High Elves and Void Elves are merging/interacting in some way.
- More lore involving Void Elves.
- The upcoming Tendril Toggle should have a similar function as Night Elf Vines. Adding/removing Tendrils for all Haircuts.
This allows for more variety by more haircuts with or without tendrils.
- Options to change the Affects on Tendrils. Like Glowing/Transparent/Corrupted.
- Tattoos/Markings like Alleria.
This allows players to have the “Alleria Fantasy” for both Void Elves and High Elves.
- Void Marks/Scars.
- Entropic Embrace customizations. Like Changing/Disabling the effects.
Blood Elf Ideas-
- Dark Ranger Themed Options.
- San’layn Themed Options. (Possibly through a Quest like Nightwarrior.)
- Felblood Elf Skins
- Void Elf hairstyles.
- Longer Hair and Beard Styles.
- Jewelry options for males.
- More colors for Jewelry. Including Black/Rose Gold/Dark Silver/Bronze/Copper Options.
This would allow it to match more armor/outfits better
- More Jewelry Types. Like Chokers, Eye/Nose/Lip Piercings, and Metal Feather.
- Rune Tattoos like the Burning Crusade Box Art.
- Makeup and nail polish options.
- Scars/Burns and Damaged Ear options.
Are blood elf fans being listened to at all?
Please look to this thread. There are amazing ideas for blood elves in there.
I can’t tell you how much I would like a bright, almost fluorescent Pink please, for all the allied and normal races.
And hey, if you want to do some Commercial Activism, some rainbow manes would be really, really, REALLY cool.
They haven’t said it will add tentacles to hairstyles with out them yet. So we’re still waiting on this one to be fully added.
I hope that is how it will work though…
Please continue to improve the Nightborne. Obviously these changes are a little more involved than minor hair color or skin color changes, but they need to happen nonetheless. Some acknowledgment that further improvements are coming would go a long way.
The problem with the male Nightborne player model is that they’ve been given scowling, old, wrinkled, haggard faces as their default and sole form of expression.
- Male Nightborne need youthful face options, with varying features such as a slim, straight nose, defined cheekbones, as well as the purple eye shading that the Nightborne NPCs have. No under eye bags, smile lines, forehead wrinkles, or scowling faces
- Fuller hairstyles with appropriately youthful hairline that encapsulate the Nightborne’s identity of being regal.
As with the male Nightborne, too many of the customization options express an “old” appearance; advanced hairlines, gaunt cheeks, and smile lines.
- Female Nightborne need a fully “youthful” face option that is completely without wrinkles, smile lines, or undereye bags.
- Female Nightborne need fuller hairstyles with appropriately youthful and full hairline that encapsulate the Nightborne’s identity of being regal.
*Using embellishments (crown/tiara) to cover up an advanced hairline is not appealing.
- The quality of existing hairstyles needs to be improved. The current Nightborne hairstyles all look flat, low quality, and without any texture.
- Varying hairstyles featuring wavy and braided hair features.
- Arcane hair and skin effects featured on the NPCs would be a great addition that would also bolster their appearance.
Even with these changes, void elves still don’t have nearly as much customization as Belf got. I love Blood Elves too, but I think there are races that need way more attention.
Don’t blood elves have the most customization in the game?
Can Blood Elves at least get undead skintones and red eyes unlocked? If not can we get Dark Rangers as a toggle for Forsaken?
I’m going to disagree with you there entirely. They got the short end of the stick when it came to customization changes.
They got jewelry, that’s it. Nothing that was actually asked for, like tattoos and scars. I wouldn’t be making these complaints if I was actually satisfied. Some eye colors and clunky jewelry isn’t going to make me happy at all, and quantity = / = quality. At all.
So, other races are perfectly fine in asking for stuff. I never said otherwise.
But I’m going to ask for stuff too, for races I play often. And truth of the matter is, many blood elf players are reasonably unsatisfied. Void elves now have two themes. And that’s fine for them.
But I’ve wanted San’layn/Dark Ranger customization or Allied Race for a very long time and am very much never interested in ever touching the Alliance for those themes, especially since they are Horde-centric due to undead.
Even just actually giving blood elf players the suggestions for blood elves, like tattoos, less-clunky/ugly jewelry (like humans… and the choker literally on the blood elf in the BC cinematic…), and scars would be nice. I’m not interested in playing an elf that lays around and does nothing all day. The ‘special jewelry’ the blood elves got (which by the way males did not get… yeah…) has no uniqueness to it in terms of variety, like no facial piercings either. It doesn’t capture my character at all, and I’ve seen other blood elf players say much of the same thing.
You’re welcome to your opinion on that, of course, and I will never discourage people from asking for what they want.
But I also won’t stay silent about this either and giving my opinion as well.