Why the enemies hardly hurt by traps in Torghast anyways?

I had to dodge swinging axes as well the line ground trap and the spraying fire traps or else i’l get thrown off the side or get burned, while this enemy just walks over to me no problem with the traps, not even getting hurt by them. How deflating it is that?.. :confused:

3 Likes

Seems to be some weird video game logic that somehow the traps only effect you and your party but no one else.

It was always something I hated about video game logic.

4 Likes

They’re sentient armor. Flames, gas, and poison darts shouldn’t really effect them.

The only one that has any real reason to hurt them would be the giant swing axes. Even the impaling spikes shouldn’t do too much damage to them in the grand scheme of things. And at that point does it really make that much sense to include path-finding for the enemies to dodge just the axe traps as well as code them to take damage from it?

1 Like

I mean it does make the enemies a little smarter and you need to outwit them in a proverbial game of wit, so yes.

Blizzard didn’t want frost mages to frost mage.

How do you feel about the other type of video game logic, friendly fire? Because in real life enemies should also be hurt by the traps that are meant to kill you. But in real life if you shot a fireball through your friend they would get hurt and not the target. Or casting blizzard should slow and damage your tank teammate.

The traps are just the enemy version of friendly fire so I don’t worry about it much.

3 Likes

The enemies are NPC’s… at least in Torghast and other PvE activities.

Yes. We were discussing torghast. Why did you mention this?

Quite honestly, i thought you were trying to use this logic to say “If you don’t like friendly fire on your own side, how you think the enemies feel and why they wouldn’t put it in”. Apologies if that assumption was wrong.

I mean, my pets BLEED a skeleton… and even mechanical things… which I guess I’m tearing into bone marrow and bleeding the mechanicals of oil I guess… but what am I “Cutting” on a sentient blob of blight to make it bleed via barbed shot?!?

Clearly someone in design and coding has troubles distinguishing between people and inanimate objects… cough cough “Bowl of fruit painting”.

1 Like

Nah, here’s something more weird then that. Making the vases bleed. What, am i making their paint run while i’m rupturing it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

There is a power in the Box of Many Things that makes you take less damage from the traps. Perhaps the Mawsworn use similar magic? Or, Blizzard didn’t think it through, and it’s just a gameplay mechanic, which is more likely in my opinion.

2 Likes

There is a wing with a bunch of Venthyr! They’re a bit more substantial but equally unaffected.

1 Like

same reason why Fan of Knives only stabs enemies and not all other melee allies around you.

Same for any AoE spell. There’s no friendly fire in this game.

You used to be an adventurer, till my barrage put an arrow in everyone’s knee from here to Timbuktu…

Random vendor in SW: “Wait what?!? Aha my knee!! Why is there an arrow in it?!”

1 Like

Ohhhh. No, my point was consistency. Someone above didn’t like the video game logic. I was just pointing out their suggested change would mean there is no consistency. Everything would just boil down to the players best case scenario…which it is a game so if people want that, it’s fair to ask for. But it’s not consistent, the current system obeys its own rules.

1 Like

Video game logic. It’s pretty wacky.

It’s a literal slap in the face!

Really a missed opportunity for drag mobs through traps tactics.

3 Likes

If you say that two more times you’re going to summon Rastlin.

1 Like