Why surv is the least played?

i dont mind it im suv hunter right now i like the dots and nades.

i enjoy suv at ranged dottng up my target and harpooning in to finish off my target.with kill command spam you can play it ar ranged a good bit.

maybe a venomous fang build with kill command spam you can stay at ranged for a good while.

1 Like

Survival is fun with venomous, staying distant is the trick with so many stuns an gap closer…

Survival spec damage mitigation has to be the least of any toon in Warcraft, I made other characters just to see.

His ability to shed damage is horrid…

Now if you look at a toon like the laser eyed stun spam flying bat.

This thing is a stun machine with good mitigation leech and damage …

If they would give the Survival a bit more mitigation against damage not a lot, and make his stun refresh every 30 secs hes be ok pvp wise and PVE.

If played right you could be a decent pvper… That will never ever never never happen because a paladin might die and we know that you need 6 people to kill some of those guys …

Or you may actually go toe to toe with a Demon Hunter stun spam bat, can not have that either…

Most do not play the class cause he dies a lot in pvp …

1 Like

why are you defending a spec?

I am trying to express what a paper thin joke a survival spec is, now if you play something like a pally that gets a 75k templars plus flash heals and stuns…

War craft is a joke on PVP balance to the point there is zero balance…

When u had resilience on gear it was better but pretty much now it is more class related…

It is simple works like this if you have stuns heals and burst you win Warcraft PVP.

Has nothing to do with ability or the free exchange of combats moves, the Blizz team does all the thinking for you and decides which classes to give the advantages to and the rest are fish food…

When i play SV, my approach is to hammer the enemy, but avoid damage like a rouge or something.

SV is made of thin very thin very very weak paper … U cannot brag on his damage basically least played of all classes and or specs because pretty much garbage…

The problem and reason why so few people play survival is simple. When people invite a hunter, they are looking for ranged. Not melee.

I was survival for a little while, but I decided I wanted to get in groups, and if a group is going to invite me, they are going to be looking for ranged dps. If they want melee, they will pick up a rogue, or havoc dh.

2 Likes

i have a hunter as one of my main alts and i enjoy survival. I have fun with it and i hope they dont change it that much in shadowlands.

3 Likes

If you enjoy playing like that, fair enough. You play however you want to.

It’s still designed to be a melee-spec though. Relying on using a melee-weapon.

What Zalgo hinted at there, is that most hunters when talking about a ranged spec, it isn’t simply about being able to stay far away from the target.
Example: Kill Command is a ranged ability. Add in multiple abilities like that and you would technically have a ranged playstyle/spec.

But, that’s not what (most)people are asking for.

It’s more about the design focusing on the use of an actual ranged weapon, like a gun or bow or xbow. Specifically, in the case of SV, many players are asking for the old RSV to return somehow as, the playstyle it provided was, and still would be, unique to any of the current or past other specs we’ve seen for the class.

Simply put, the playstyle of old RSV(ranged Survival) is not in the game anymore.
That’s what most(like in the case of Zalgo there) are talking about.

Does this mean that everyone who are asking for another ranged spec/playstyle option for the class want the above? No ofc not.

But what happened to SV going into Legion(when RSV was removed), is essentially what started all these debates and arguments.

5 Likes

try 100k templar verdicts thats how i had my rets verdicts in 8.2

thnking because of the Raptor Strike being melee instead of ranged. its taking me a bit to keep in mind that Ive got to get close to do real damage.
Just probably easier to play ranged specs

1 Like

oh geezus…I completely forgot about how they will butcher half the specs when SL drops

I was playing it for a while. I love it but I kept getting BM gear and my itemization got so bad I decided to just switch to BM for effectiveness. I’ll switch back if I get the right set up.

• Hunter alt
  • Defends Survival and hopes it doesn’t change

Name a more iconic duo

11 Likes

Funny part is sv used to be my most played spec, well before it went melee. I been gone for last month or so from game (uninstalled), letting my time run out. So i had some time to really think why i kepted going back to hunter and sv. It had this great blend of pet and ranged weapon synergy that just felt amazing. It wasnt all one or other. Fast forward today now its extremes for each spec ranged but no pet allowed, ranged but only pet abilities, melee only with cluster mess. I kind of explained what i prefer in earlier post but it just goes back to why the changes made from really wod on not only ruined survival for me, ruined all my options and left me with no spec or class option to choose. I spent 4 years desperately trying to find something that doesnt exist anymore. Sad part i look at wow, i dont feel itch to return, ive always took breaks but i was always ready to come back. Im only on forums now cause i cant refund my game time and i still care bout game i just dont feel like its worth my gametime anymore cause of state survival is in now. To those who bash on rsv crowd, im sorry you have so much ego that you have to kick people when there down. I am happy you got spec you enjoy, however those asking for 4th spec to bring back something players like me, who lost last thing i loved bout game to enjoy. Is there something wrong for those who want to have fun, to be able to play and have fun?

3 Likes

I find SV my main spec, despite being Hardcore BM. It feels weird how my main spec is the one that feels boring to me right now, though before 8.3 it gave awesome dps, and now I’m switching to the other one.

• Bepples
  • Moded data.

At that point, the problem isnt the game… the problem becomes you. You should look to stop playing and find yourself again. Im sure you have friends or family that can help.

Nothing wrong, but you can’t make everyone happy, that is 100% impossible to achieve. No matter the change, one side will love it and the other will hate it.

There is sadly no valid data to support that claim, all online data barely show a portion of the game. It might have felt like it but that doesnt mean it was.

1 Like

I can’t tell this guy is serious, or a really good troll…

Translation:
Most of these “veteran” hunters that “loved” ranged survival so much aren’t all that veteran after all, and associate the “hunter look” with having a sheathed gun in the first place. Survivals melee weapon aesthetic, ironically, is a love letter to the stat-stick-wielding hunters of old.

Blizzard could make surv fully-ranged again but your crowd would still bemoan having to visibly use a melee weapon. It’s not about ranged vs melee. It’s about appearances and getting your way.

Luckily, we can say with near certainty you won’t be getting your way, because Blizzard is not about to undo the mage tower appearances for a spec to satiate Sour Grape aficionados who cannot accept a changing game.

Surv isn’t the first, only, or last spec to be drastically changed over the years, but the lamentation on the hunter forums could sure convince an outsider that it is. The truth is that ranged survival as you remember it was never ThE OriGinAl PlAyStyLe, and many gamers are simply opposed to all changes that personally affect them, while demanding changes where it doesn’t.

The forum “consensus” on the topic isn’t helped by the fact that some of the vocal participants in RaNgEd vs SuRviVaL are the archetypal example of saccharine passive-aggression and will absolutely team up on reporting posts they don’t like, knowing that the system presently in place on these forums makes it relatively easy to get someone muted by “community vote.”

Then the same individuals wonder why the metric-holders-that-be seem unwilling to consider forum feedback with any level of credibility.

1 Like

Did you actually read the quote you’re replying to here?

He said that the spec he played the most was SV, before it went melee.

And you argue that there’s no valid data to support such a…“claim” ?

You really did not get a single word of what I wrote, did ye?

Stop trying to make this a case of appearance and aesthetics only. Actually read what people are saying before you post.

Not what I’m after.
And no, it’s not about appearances. Like I said above.

Yeah, okay, sure. Keep going…

Drastically changed? That’s an understatement when talking about RSV.

It wasn’t drastically changed like many other specs were.

It was removed.

See the difference?

Ranged Survival was the original specialization assigned to the Survival category of the class.

Prior to getting actual core specializations(like those we see today) we had talent categories designed to do nothing but add to the default/baseline toolkit of the entire class.

So, again yes, RSV was the original specialization.
No, it was not the original “playstyle” as that playstyle was designed to focus on the class as a whole. Not on individual specs.

Ironic statement/claim considering several MSV-fans have openly encouraged other MSV-fans to report RSV-posters for trolling or spamming just because they are asking for RSV to come back…

And second, that’s quite an accusation, feel free to back it up with something other than your own bias.

7 Likes