Why so much hate over high elf options

Just have to get the hair now.

2 Likes

And some of us who have always supported them have re evaluated what aspects of continued support we give, so I guess the scales stay even.

2 Likes

hurray a convert :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

If you’re referring to Void Elves needing Blonde hair colors, I agree! Blood Elves should get their hairstyles, in return, but without the tendrils, of course.

2 Likes

I’d settle for both. Both is good.

1 Like

Suggestion:
This is all just talk of personal opinion over how a video game works. It’s not something any of us should be thinking of as indicative of personal morality/maturity/whatever. It’s all just pixel elves, the value of unique options over open customization and so on. It’s not that important.

4 Likes

Horrible, absolutely horrible, when someone can’t even handle you having friends just because they happen to not like them.

2 Likes

You know that I wasn’t talking about physically growing, right?

More hairstyles and customizations is good.

3 Likes

Y’know, I can’t confirm if this is true, but seeing pro people like the posts tells me it probably is

If it is this place needs jesus

3 Likes

Being real about it, if you give any support they just want to take and take and take and if you don’t continue to support it all the sudden you are horrible.

2 Likes

I know. But that statement could be read as you explaining how you becoming open to that was part of becoming a better person.

Oh! Well, yes! I accept the High Elves
nowadays
LOL

EDIT: Oh! You just complimented me! Thank you so much! Much love!

This is something I actually have felt before. I’m pretty much non grata when it comes to a side. I don’t really have an opinion. That said, I do have an opinion on some “options” going a bit too far and that earned me quite a bit of ire from certain individuals.

1 Like

Maybe?

I just like to remind myself and others now and then that we’re just arguing about pixel elves that don’t have a real effect on any of our actual lives. Our stances on the elves can’t be considered good or bad, they’re just opinions on a game. Where good and bad come in are the things we bring into the debate ourselves. And if you feel that you were arguing from a bad place against them but that opening up to them was part of you growing, that’s great for you. Just remember a lot of us aren’t arguing against these things that way.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that dearie because that really sucks, I myself tend to try to be open minded about most things and most topics but in the case of this topic I feel High Elves of this option already exist on the Horde side and the fact that certain people keep wanting to take and take and take from us rather than just playing Horde make me really negative about it, more so given we get nothing in return.

2 Likes

I feel that from some people, at least on the forums. I think this new compromise came and everyone had to re evaluate their support. You have some people who wanted an AR with a new model, to accepting the compromise, to accepting it but wanting more. And I think for me personally who never took issue with the model sharing the big thing for me was Blood Elves receiving nothing for the sharing. People can now basically be “Wayfarer” types if they choose, which would allow their Void Elves to be former High Elves instead of Blood Elves which is what I always thought Void Elves should have come from anyways. So I think that lore connection for me was the thing I wanted to see most, just so long as people could have that background, what capacity whether in a new AR, or what have you it is what it is to me.

Some of the lack of self awareness since then, continued pushing for more over core races, misunderstanding the BE players and trying to portray us as “sooo lucky to have so0o much jewelry” it just kind of made me re evaluate and appreciate model exclusivity for what we have left.

So my support now comes in the form of well wishes for what we currently have as is, once AR’s are being touched up on hopefully some ear sliders for both VE’s and NB, you know etc. But I wouldn’t support BE hair going to VE’s for example.

3 Likes

Eh, I don’t really mind. Strangers on the internet will never ever upset me. Not unless I’m reading the news (HA topical humor).

I get what you’re saying. There are some customization that I don’t really think is all that bad, and a lot of it is a “I’m not for it, but I wouldn’t care if they did implement it.”

That said, I do understand your position as well. I’m more of a fan of races being distinct. I’m also against the KT size change switch thing and am pro race/class restrictions. I think it helps world building and lore creation if there are hard distinctions with things. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.

2 Likes

To be honest I am really big about supporting Allied Races, customizations, etc. but everything from the whole High Elfer and Alliance crowd has made me wish that Horde had gotten Void Elves and Alliance got Nightborne because although I love both I think it just gave them more reason to be toxic and at this point the toxicity and selfishness of them wanting more and more from us is out of hand.

1 Like

hehe :sparkling_heart: