Why so much hate over high elf options

Why so much hate over high elf options for void elves. Like if undead had a lightbound undead options that gave undead near perfect human copies. Id be happy for the horde. I think its cool. More stuff in game is a good thing.

63 Likes

Sore losers I guess.

32 Likes

It’s the WoW forums.

29 Likes

because people who advocate for high elf options have a history of being insufferable about it.

127 Likes

^ that right there, boss.

17 Likes

This, and a lot of base races got really crappy customization options while an allied race got priority, so that feels pretty bad.

63 Likes

I’m simply of the mind that blood elves should get more if they have to lose some of their unique look to another race.

72 Likes

because void elves and high elves are two different things.

besides, Blizzards break from tradition by putting the High (Blood) Elves into the Horde instead of the usual and boring trope of humans dwarves and elves is still one of the better things they have implemented.

36 Likes

in this scenario it would have to be perfect human copies. Just with different hair cuts.
But the fans won’t stop there. They will keep making threads demanding all the human options to go with it.

And then all of a sudden you’ll see the alliance just became a whole less unique.

12 Likes

Because elves got an outrageous amount of customizations compared to worgen, pandaren, goblins, and other races. Only reason I can think of.

:woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

blood elves got to change their ear size and the males got 3 hair cuts and 3 beards.
I wouldnt say anything about that is outrageous

15 Likes

That seems like a rather disingenuous way to frame it.

An allied race (Void Elves) got some skin tones copy/pasted to them from a core race (Blood Elves). I don’t think it’s fair to imply that any core races lost options because a Blizz dev took probably less than 20 minutes to copy/paste some files into another folder and add some entries to a database (so they show up character creation).

It may well happen to other allied races as well once Blizzard devotes time to the allied race customization pass. Nightborne might inherit some or all of the Night Elf skin tones for example.

15 Likes

pretty sure all elves have the option to change their ear size.

I’m so surprised they haven’t fixed the ridiculously long ears.

2 Likes

Blood Elves were pretty much evil mana suckers in BC. That is what made them so cool. They bent magic to their will with little regard for the consequences. Pulling mana out of whatever they wanted, pulling the Light out of Naaru to power the Blood Knights. It was unique to have evil elves. They were a perfect fit for the Horde and the “Doing evil things to survive, sometimes.” story line.

The hate comes from the fact that High Elves are Horde, have been for years, and Alliance can’t accept it because ThEy WErE aN AlLiAnCe RaCe! with just enough left over NPCs for them to claim that they have the right to play them. IMO, convert / delete all non-void Thalassian elves from the Alliance. Problem solved.

Giving any High Elf options to the Alliance makes the Blood Elves feel less unique, as they are the same thing with different colors.

33 Likes

Sore winners I guess. Void elves are one of, if not the only allied races to get any customization at all (aside from separation of beards/moustaches and maybe eye color) yet people STILL complain

17 Likes

Some hordies can’t get over themselves.

5 Likes

night elves got to change the ear shape but not the size
And nightborne and void elves haven’t got any ear options yet

Because they’re boring.

According to game director Ion Hazzikostas:

Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves… Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsxB4NJIBs

So word of god says Void Elves are High Elves.

2 Likes

Oh? I could have sworn they did…

Whatever, it’s dumb.