Why so much hate over high elf options

arcane elf eyes. yeah. :innocent:

1 Like

Absolutely we do.

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Dang it. That was funny. Alright. You win.

they have a bunch of funny vids.
special manuever - feign death. haha.

1 Like

Okay, I know this is now off topic, but it took me half the song to figure out exactly what was going on and, OMG, I’ve never laughed that hard. You owe me a new cup of coffee and keyboard :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s cool but as a pandaren I know what it’s like to look exactly like your enemy. I am really happy with the options both races got but I think they need to add faction specific styles to both sides to add a level of difference to blood elves and Void elves

1 Like

would you like that added to pandaren customization requests? and what would you suggest they add to differentiate pandas?

1 Like

i coulda sworn that guy had another mind control vid where he hid up in the netherstorm stormspire and mind controlled people off the top of the spire. i checked and he’s either taken it down or it was someone else’s vid.

1 Like

Funny thing is I could have lived with that one.

Keeps blood elves unique
Keeps void elves unique and well… void
Goes back to vanilla style models

I mean it treads on blood elfs toes a little bit but not so outrageously so that it subtracts reason to play one.

Those models also look like they could be used for half elf fantasy as well.

If they had done that it would have been far superior to what blizzard has done now.

1 Like

not for lack of trying. i made a thread back before customizations, asking for half elves. so did some others. seems the devs decided to go with just giving elves ear mods

I have no idea what I could have done to make you believe I need to apologize.
At this point I don’t believe anything I say or do would make a difference with you or the others who still slander me.
I do wish you well though.

People often do forget that the people behind these avatars on the forum are human. Its ashame, but heartwarming when people who disagree can get along at least on a human level.

6 Likes

I would have liked a half elf

I dont feel high elfs add much to the game as they’re the same thing as Blood Elves

Void elves added to the game by being Void related and purple and stuff

Half elf would have required a new model and could have added on to the high elf lore. Would have been cool.

But a high elf with a model different to a blood elf model like in the linked work would have also added to the game as its something currently not achievable on either faction

Its a shame it wasn’t the starting position for the high elf fan base as I feel things could have gone a lot differently if it were

High Elves add a ton to the game if you want to play a High Elf.

And Half Elves in the setting have always just looked like Elves so the ear slider does it.

1 Like

yeah but I feel thats the lazy approach to it.

There is no way realistically a hybrid would result in just shorter ears :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah and there was enough recent lore to justify it too, such as elisande claiming the quel’dorei had diluted their bloodlines and therefore could no longer call themselves quel’dorei. the theory was the silver covenant and other dalaran high elves had been intermingling with humans for the last 2800 years in dalaran, and as a result, they were mostly some variant of human+high elf, et. al, half elves. make the models, change the high elf npcs on alliance into half elves, problem solved and backed by lore.

1 Like

Garona Half Orcen doesn’t have hooves…

Not sure there are any realistic hybrids in WoW, nor are there many in the first place.

1 Like

to me that would have been the perfect solution to this all.
Its a continuation of the story that opens up so many more pathways

ion even gave an interview where he said the high elves were in the process of being assimilated into the cultures where they lived. which historically, is mostly dalaran. i guess folding them into void elves, serves the same purpose.

Generally in wow the “race” a half breed comes out as appears to be based on the mother.

Garona breaks this trend but arator doesn’t. Kalecgos uses a human half elf looking model in his humanoid form.

The mok’nathal are the only (and it’s only some of them) half race with their own model and mix.

Oh! Lantrestor also breaks the mold but between him and Garona, we could postulate that orc/Draenei just comes out looking orc.

Honestly though it’s probably just because blizzard hasn’t put it the time for half breeds to have their own models.

1 Like