Why so much hate over high elf options

Yeah. Because it’s an easy shorthand when that race is such a tangle of factions. And because a lot of people like to deny the lore that the High Elves joined the horde and changed their name to honor their past.

1 Like

Oh there’s plenty more.

I just wasn’t around to see it, I joined in late.

Claims of racism was one of the earlier things I saw come from antis, because high elf fans wanted “pale skinned” elves.

When one of their requests was in fact darker skin options :man_shrugging:.

Anything high elf fans have done I also haven’t seen.

And all I’ve done is be mean to them, you’re acting like this is a saw torture trap when it’s a cafeteria food fight.

No one has died in the high elf fans vs anti debacle.

It’s literally 2, blood elves who already joined the horde, and high elves who didn’t and showed up for the alliance in WoW.

They did. That why THOSE elves are Blood Elves. They are no longer High Elves.

But it doesn’t matter anyway because now both sides have High Elf options.

Claims of racism were a meme, because you guys were asking for pale-skinned blue eyes elves with blonde hair.

Do you not get why thats a meme?

According to Metzen in the BC announcement, they call themselves “Blood” elves is to say they are of “high elven blood”.

1 Like

How many years ago was that again?

In name no. But just about everything else that made the high elves high elves is in the hands of the blood elves. The alliance ones are just a handful who ran away shouting “YOU’RE NOT MY REAL DAD!” at Lor’themar

Except y’know, doxxing/attempted doxxing.

Do you think it’s ok to meme racism?

They took it seriously because it sounds serious.

Blue eyes vs green eyes.

Blue eyes with the Alliance = High Elf

Green Eyes with the Horde = Blood Elf

End of story.

I mean if we wanna get real, that and a number of helfers (including mods on their discord) opening professing racist beliefs that continues on to this very day with little to no attempt to clean it up by their moderation team.

Like legit, that discord has more incognito fascists than Argentina.

4 Likes

Well…if we’re on that subject, I’ve seen the political opinions of some helfers…But that’d be a bit unfair to say I guess.

1 Like

Not anymore. :woman_shrugging:t2: I’m going to love my blue eyed Belves.

1 Like

So where exactly is that spelled out as actually meaning a damn thing to the elves? Plus there have been blue eyed blood elves since Wrath at least and Alleria used to have green eyes.

2 Likes

Oh I know. I meant before these options became available.

Now both sides get to at least look like High Elves.

1 Like

I guess that explains why some didnt like the dark skin on the elves.

3 Likes

No though.

a) High Elves --rename–> Blood Elves
b) High Elves or Blood Elves --mutation–> Void Elves
c) High Elves --isolation–> High Elves

These are the 3 variations right now. High Elves are still playable on the Horde. What pro-helfers want is option C, but have to settle with B. So the issue is what should belong to A and what should belong to B while still maintaining enough of a differentiation without turning it into A = B.

1 Like

K

/10chars

Here’s your answer OP.