Why Remove Might of Stormwind from Era?

and yet, people are asking how could it be better implemented and we’re being met with “no changes”

1 Like

Some people are die-hard no changes, and want everything reverted down to the last AH scalping chronoboon. We’re not talking complete agreement though, but finding the happiest middleground you can in a warzone.

Blizzard needs to make another version of Classic with changes like stormrend.
But Era doesnt need it and shouldnt have it.

You have no idea what has been done to keep this version of the game alive and to have a no changes version of the 2019 phase 6 patch. You argue for something era wasn’t even advertised as, which is in fact the 2019 Phase 6 version of that game with no further changes.

Yet here you are, trying to change a game when I bet you where not here for the 6 months+ past TBC launch like some of us who kept this game alive where. The whitemane cluster had to be opened to free xfers to allow era to consolidate as well because we where such a small community that worked extremely hard to keep this version of the game alive.

The sentence you are looking for is “It wasn’t in OG Classic” to which i would reply " Oh but Skies it was!".

You are confusing Vanilla with 2019 Classic.

100% Blizzard should do a QoL ERA.

I’d be keen to see just how many people play. Im willing to hazard a guess that it wouldnt be many at all.

SoM and SoD have shown that people think they do but they dont.

So like Koki mentioned, SoD is supposedly getting its own private club drop-off server once the season is over. BAM CHANGES ERA

But for me, I’d much rather advocate for a TBC Era. Those folks have been waiting and asking for so long. “QOL” Era fans can get behind them and wait patiently.

1 Like

clearly you have not read my post history and listen to the struggle it was to find any sort of group content during that time

but go on assuming just goes to show how dismissive you are of anyone not yourself

of course i’m dismissive of your opinion on changing era. Its wrong.

2 Likes

BRING BACK STORMREND :earth_americas:

1 Like

Not at all. What, did you think we asked for them or something? Use your noggin.
Two new changes that are probably due to client sharing.
Druid no longer needs to shift out of forms to pick up mail.
Hunter needs to use call pet after removing it from the stable.

2 Likes

assume assume assume

makes a butt of you

1 Like

Vanilla:
No SW buff.
No boon.
You can “Follow” someone in battlegrounds.
You can gett 1 shot by a Multiboxer and he wouldn’t be breaking the rules.
Many more things

Go back? Sure. 100% for that.

IF you don’t want one or another of those things, don’t fight to “keep it vanilla”. They can change whatever they want. It’s nothing like it was before - so trying to find this “balance” is impossible.

It really is all or nothing in my eyes.

1 Like

Because there doesn’t need to be a ‘better implementation’ for the rend buff.

It was already functioning as intended by the original game developers before Stormrend was thing.

All that happened here was a SoD feature bleeding into era caused some raiders to get a taste of a quality-of-life enhancement that was never intended for the era game version, and now they just can’t get the taste out of their mouths.

They want Stormrend simply to save themselves time on rebuffing. Anyone who says it’s about anything other than wanting to save themselves time on rebuffing is obfuscating or being insincere.

It’s acknowledged that getting the rend buff in era takes notable time and effort. That’s working as intended. If you want time-skips and insta-queues into your gameplay then I’d suggest you buy a level 70 character boost in retail.

Many achievements in Era are only significant because of the time it takes to get. If you’re looking to water that down, then from what I’ve seen, you’re in a minority of the classic community.

3 Likes

Sounds good.

This sort of thing keeps being stated as some type of gotcha. It’s not.

Know your audience. If you believe that the MoS pushback from those who just want Era to stay the same was because of something made up like “salty horde”, then you don’t.

2 Likes

It is a gotcha when those who are arguing against it are saying they want no changes or for Blizzard not to touch it. News flash, current ERA is not 2004 ERA and it is not 2019 ERA either.

You seem to be on a lot of these posts trolling to be honest, and my question is, why? MoS was a positive change, some of the changes were not.

1 Like

I’m not trolling. My viewpoints have been very consistent.

I think that talking about the game is not how it was in 2004 or even 2019 is a poor argument for most of those changes, especially since people were combating all of the changes from 2019 - now. The Era ones mostly happened because of SoM or SoD, including this. There were people who wanted the game to be more like 2004 at the start of Classic too.

Frankly, I see the people who like MoS as being just interested in their own wants and short-term satisfaction - with little to no regard for authenticity, concerns about setting precedents, or unintended consequences.

While a player may be like this, the devs should be able to see past it but that doesn’t seem to happen. Thus we have Retail and Cata full of Qol changes. SoD hasn’t been doing great with following what makes things easier for players either.

So my opinion is that Era should remain as much the same as it can and I find it sad that there are people who are so concerned with their QoL (on a game mode that they have chosen to do these things like getting rend on by going to Crossroads, mind you) that they can’t even imagine that somebody who simply doesn’t like changes to the Era game couldn’t be trolling.

2 Likes

I see what you are saying - however, right now, and even 5 years ago, Rend was obtainable by Alliance. Yes, it took a hoop or two to jump through, but once you did, you got it.

A game that is now nigh on 5 years old, and with some of the people not having taken a break since 2019, it does make a ton of sense to just make these buffs obtainable for all, much easier. Because right now, as we currently write these messages, Alliance members are sitting in XRs right now waiting to be MC’d for Rend.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I haven’t been posting nearly as much on this topic as I could have been. My recent replies have been related to a few things that bother me about the comments from those who want MoS back.

For example, people claiming that anyone getting mad about the 5 changes (from SoD) was a streamer follower, or that only “10 purists care about changes to the game”.

It’s being done simply to dismiss other perspectives, it’s a toxic arguing style, and it’s wrong. So I think it’s right to call that out.

I also really dislike the argument that two wrongs make a right, as in “There have been changes so we should change anything where it’s better for QoL”. Exactly what about QoL being the deciding factor contributed to Era even existing? The reality is the opposite.

You can provide whatever feedback you want on here, I’ve done it plenty myself, and 95% of the time things don’t go the way I like. I didn’t like the PVP changes either and wasn’t on the popular side there and had my real life attacked for my opinion on that by some people going for the jugular.

So I will try to not say anything to people simply asking for MoS to come back, but if people decide to be deceptive or make stuff up I may still answer. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Definitely not. I like the points and the ladder of the old system, however needing 333 people to create a single b1 slot was insanely toxic and led to ridiculous amounts of botting…

There is absolutely zero value in killing a level 5 NE 15 times thousands and thousands of times a week to get “ranked”. Complete garbage.

So, i would prefer rank system with a guarenteed X # of bracket 1, and bracket 2 spots… so the pool count didnt matter, but keep everyting else like the old system.

Idk top 10 every week for b1? 11-40 get b2?

I was joking. The new system is definitely better suited for 2024 audience.