Why Remove Might of Stormwind from Era?

“It wasn’t in vanilla”
Neither was the world buff meta.
Neither was chronoboons.
Neither was running to org to get mind controlled by a horde priest.
These are all symptoms of optimizing a 20 year old game and we should be open to quality of life features that fix OBVIOUS oversights by the original 2004 devs.
“Its a slippery slope”
Bruh, we fell down that slope when we added the chronoboon, the least we can do now is fix the one problem alliance has been crying out for since 2019.

I dont even carea bout druid polearms, every spear in the game is garbage anyway

40 Likes

What problem has the alliance been crying out for since 2019?

1 Like

I don’t get why people are upset. Might of stormwind was just a blanket nerf on all raid content that is already so easy…

What’s the advantage of having it?

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is remove Chronoboon?

+1 agree

18 Likes

Yes I think they should try out removing it for 6 months.

When they added chronoboon raid logging was taking a huge toll on pvp (instanced and world). But it has been a lot of years since then and I think a lot more people are either not raiding, not caring about buffs, or have alts to play while their main is raid logged with buffs.

So I don’t think removing chronoboon would destroy world or instanced pvp. I think it would actually increase it, as groups would try to gank guilds heading to raids, and players who just got buffs.

The only way to find out the impact would be for blizzard to do a sort of removal test and ask community how they felt some months later.

3 Likes

I was replying to OP somewhat sarcastically. I personally think Chronoboon is bad and I don’t want it in the game.

7 Likes

Might of Stormwind did not impact raid clear times whatsoever. It was a major quality of life update where the Alliance player base no longer had to spend exorbitant amounts of time and collusion to get a world buff they could only otherwise get through colluding.

The removal of this buff promotes an unhealthy amount of play time to retrieve Warchief’s blessing. It also promotes the nasty few buff griefers and sellers and puts all the power back into their hands further dividing the community.

Might of Stormwind’s return to the game is conducive to a healthier gaming environment in terms of both time management and reduction of toxicity among the base.

The PvP system was altered to make the game healthier for the average player and so was the Might of Stormwind buff.

Bring back Might of Stormwind!

15 Likes

I’m mostly annoyed they didn’t do a poll and instead are just aggregating opinions from social media which is mostly bots.

8 Likes

Couldn’t you just AFK in the Crossroads or at least just log in when it came off cool down in the Crossroads? Super low chance of getting ganked there. Not super far out of the way and didn’t really take any more time than getting it as Horde.

1 Like

they have to be “friendly” to the horde, thus they need to be mind controlled when the buff drops to get it.

Blizzard, STOP MESSING WITH STUFF SERIOUSLY HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT?! PEOPLE FARMED REND HEADS FOR THEIR EHOLE GUILD TO TO GET THE BUFF WTF

4 Likes

It seems Blizzard really would prefer people use multiple accounts and Mind Control alts to feed into the gold-buying buff-selling economy rather than let Alliance have nice things.

8 Likes

Couldn’t I just stand in Stormwind and get it as easily as Horde players?

What is the opposition to that if not to sell the buff or grief it?

The “oops” we didn’t mean to give you that is just consumer mind control hoping you’ll go play sod.

World buffs were in vanilla. The world buff meta wasn’t “a thing” until later and its completely optional.

Remove chronoboon? I agree 100%. Never should have been introduced.

Can we bring the old pvp system back while we’re at it?

On second thought scratch that last one.

6 Likes

No. You have to be friendly with Orgrimmar in order to receive the buff. Alliance players have a few options to get it. You can hook up with a Horde player and they can either MC cap you or MC you via a priest. You can also make another account and do it yourself.

1 Like

This was why.

8 Likes

Lmao, giving and then removing after clown tears flooded petitions. In the end, you just pissed off your customers. Classic is corrupted to the core, and everyone knows it.

This is just salt back to the ocean.

4 Likes

Ahh ok. Well Orgrimmar it is then. At least there’s an easy back door in between the Barrens and Ashenvale.

Alliance already has so many things that gives it a an edge in raiding. You want to easily raid with rend? roll horde or wait for classic plus to come out, thats vanilla. And if ZG/DMT/SF isnt enough for you to crush 20 year old raids then get good.

3 Likes