Why remove artifact mog?

Can confirm that I cannot Mog my staff to my feral artifact (dagger skin), not in any drop down. My saved sets dont mog over my staff with the daggers either.

I assume if I had a dagger equip I could see the Artifact Mog.

It says you’re guardian spec. That would be why.

Nope just swapped to check real quick

Guardian artifact skins cannot be mogged over my staff.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Like I said in an earlier post, it must be a bug. My shadow priest can still do knaifu over a staff via the artifact option. And the other spec staves are still visible under the staff menu.

Maybe not a bug… Its weapon based, I can mog my boomkin skin on my staff and mog my Feral weapon skin on daggers.

We’ve been able to do that for a while. The point of the separate artifact appearance is to mog over an entirely different weapon, while staves can mog staves in the regular options.

It seems none of my characters have the option either.

Maybe they just removed the ability to mog over different weapon types?

It does seem like a bug, i’ve logged into different toons and some classes have it and some dont

I still think its tied to weapon types your toon can equip (2 handed, One handed, Duel Wield, shield, offhand, ect) If you have a sword and shield equip then you can use the Prot Warrior Artifact. If you have a Two Handed weapon then the Arms ad Fury Mogs will be available.

i have a two hander equipped on my frost DK and i can mog into the two swords option for the artifact. i think its just a bug for some classes

Ah well hopefully its fixed tomorrow

It’s a bug, idk if you know this or not but the last patch just about broke everything that’s not related to the online store…

1 Like

This drives me nuts, at least before I could do my artifact weapon… unwelcomed change for sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure they were removed or just merged into the standard staff appearances. On my priest I no longer see a choice for “Legion Artifact Weapons” but those appearances do show up under “Staves” (four in the yellow box).

Imgur

Weirdly enough, on my paladin I still see a drop-down choice for “Legion Artifacts”, but those same appearances now also seem to merged in their respective weapon types (e.g., my Ashbringer shows under both Legion Artifacts and Two-Handed Swords).

Imgur

I wasn’t able to check mogging a Staff into say a Dagger (cross weapon types). If that’s an issue I’d say it was a bug that should be reported in the Bug Forums (or in-game).

Edit: I submitted a bug report in-game pointing to this thread. The more that do that, the more likely it will get noticed/prioritized.

1 Like

For some of us its weapon type based. I can see the Mog on my feral only when using daggers, If I have My staff/Polearm Equip then I only see Staff/Polearms.

Yeah it’s missing for me as well. I just happen to have a staff on so I can still use mine.

If that was true, the guardian artifact appearance could no longer be used for transmog, as it’s designed to be dual wielding fist weapons, and guardians can’t dual wield fist weapons.

The monkey’s paw strikes again.

1 Like

The fact that it’s a little different for everyone and not reliably working OR broken almost certainly indicates a bug. There have been multiple threads in the Bugs section but no response. Blizzards official help guide still indicates artifact weapons SHOULD be ignoring general restrictions.

1 Like

Responses rarely ever happen in Bug Reports. It’s there to report the bugs so they can log them if they’re legitimate, but they don’t communicate back.

I suppose I meant more in the sense of like…not being added to the known bugs list? Although there are so many I can understand why they don’t want to do that.