Legion artifacts no longer ignore general restrictions and more

Title sums it up!

Legion artifact weapons are no longer ignoring general restrictions — for example, you can no longer mog a legion sword over a mace or a staff over a dagger.

Additionally, there are some other strange glitches.

• If you attempt to circumvent this, you will end up with strange interactions. I loaded up a previous mog that had a legion staff set over a one hand before this feature broke. I now have the legion staff on my back, the legion staff sheathed on my hip, AND have my one hand and off hand on my hip all visible lol

• I don’t know how to describe this one. Inconsistently, even if you equip the “correct” weapon type, you can not find your legion artifact appearances. For example, if I equip a staff on my Druid, I still have no option for my legion artifacts in the drop down menu AND it does not come up if I search for scythe/g’hanir specifically. The impact of this varies across characters. I do not have the legion artifact option in drop down menu on my shaman, but I can search and locate the items specifically. I don’t have to do any of these things on my hunter because the legion artifact option is still available on drop down menu.

All addons updated, AND disabled.

Anyone else?

8 Likes

I just came here to report this, no more staff on my disc priest :frowning:

1 Like

It is EXTREMELY varied across characters so appreciate the reassurance it’s not just me. Even the functionality between the same class will vary across characters, and seems to have no relation to achievements. For example, my Remix Druid can at least search for scythe, etc but my Druid that actually played through legion can’t lol!

1 Like

Are we sure it’s a bug? It would be one of the strangest things for them to revert but, maybe they did take away the ability to mog artifact staff over dagger for instance for whatever reason?

The official Blizzard support page on this topic indicates artifacts should still ignore general restrictions, and the overall buggy nature of even artifact UI functionality does give me some reassurance that it is likely a bug https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/175123

2 Likes

do you even see legion artifact as a category anymore? My priest does not. And not just in the transmog window, but in the appearances (weapon) window as well. Legion Artifact is no longer an option in the drop downs. It shows up for my paladin and DK though.

According to another post, many classes are affected by this.

3 Likes

This list tracks for me as well on the classes I am able to test.

2 Likes

yeah I wanted to use the fire mage sword on my mage but i can’t switch from a staff anymore.

my disc priest had a dagger transmogged as a staff and oh boy does the game really not like it lol. he sheathes the staff on his hip like a dagger on the warband screen if i set him as a favorite, and if i talk to a transmogrifier the only tab it shows me is what i assume used to be the legion artifacts tab, but now the icons are just un-transmogged versions of my character for some reason. lol

2 Likes

Just came to look for others with this issue - it’s SO frustrating on my mage… I don’t think I’ve stopped using Felo’melorn hardly at all since Legion, and it’s incredibly irritating to still have this borked a week after the patch. Maybe it has to do with warbands, and trying to prevent our other alts from accessing an artifact skin from other characters? Either way, this should have been tested and solved long before the patch went live. There’s no comment on this thread to indicate where they are in solving this issue, either.

Have you checked today? It’s fixed on my Druid, but I haven’t had a chance to check other characters.

Edit: scythe still sheathed on the hip on the warband screen tho lol

This was happening before the prepatch. My Warlock had 2 Skull of Manari floating around the head. Now none of the weapons have the option to tmog over a different weapon type.

My priest doesnt see the legion artifact category at all either lol.

I cant believe how many things broke from warbands. I don’t really blame the devs I imagine that was a massive undertaking with 20 years of code to deal with, probably one of the bigger things they’ve added to the game but because of what it is it seems to have broken many things assuming thats what broke this.

1 Like

just checked on my priest, still no Legion Artifact category in transmog window, sadly :frowning:

just checked again, and it now shows up for my priest, yay :slight_smile: