Why remove artifact mog?

with the pre patch the selection to transmog an item to the artifact appearance regardless of what weapon is equipped is now gone. I used to be able to mog into my staff artifact regardless of what weapon i had equipped. why was this removed??

7 Likes

Give me a few to test this out.

Ooof i really hope this isnt true.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure I had the artifact option in the drop down menu on the remix Pally I made yesterday.

No it’s not. I mogged my staff to knaifu on my shadow priest just the other day. You have to select it via the artifact weapon type dropdown. Not the regular weapon type. Also, if you are doing it that way you have to still be the required spec.

Think of them as separate things. You have the artifacts themselves sitting under the artifact dropdown list. They can be used over any weapon but are locked to your spec. Then there are the appearance of the artifacts. They sit under their corresponding weapon type dropdown list, can be used by any spec, but can only be used over the matching weapon type.

I’m still using the MM bow from legion. It could be one of the many bugs that happened in prepatch.

No, the ‘Legion Artifacts’ mog option is entirely missing for some players.

For myself its missing on my Rogue, Paladin, Mage and Priest.

6 Likes

Ah ok. Well that’s just a bug.

unless u earned the legendary mog, it should be made available to u

My 1st thought would be a bug, and should be reported as such.

2 Likes

Fun detected?

BlizZard rug pull???

:thinking:

Lets hope it is a bug!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Can confirm that I cannot Mog my staff to my feral artifact (dagger skin), not in any drop down. My saved sets dont mog over my staff with the daggers either.

I assume if I had a dagger equip I could see the Artifact Mog.

It says you’re guardian spec. That would be why.

Nope just swapped to check real quick

Guardian artifact skins cannot be mogged over my staff.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Like I said in an earlier post, it must be a bug. My shadow priest can still do knaifu over a staff via the artifact option. And the other spec staves are still visible under the staff menu.

Maybe not a bug… Its weapon based, I can mog my boomkin skin on my staff and mog my Feral weapon skin on daggers.

We’ve been able to do that for a while. The point of the separate artifact appearance is to mog over an entirely different weapon, while staves can mog staves in the regular options.

It seems none of my characters have the option either.

Maybe they just removed the ability to mog over different weapon types?

It does seem like a bug, i’ve logged into different toons and some classes have it and some dont

I still think its tied to weapon types your toon can equip (2 handed, One handed, Duel Wield, shield, offhand, ect) If you have a sword and shield equip then you can use the Prot Warrior Artifact. If you have a Two Handed weapon then the Arms ad Fury Mogs will be available.