Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

a minute is 60 seconds and submerge is 2 minutes.

Sorry, raiding at the same time. You are correct

I’m honestly not upset, definitely passionate about the subject. As I should be, though, since I am on a lootcouncil in a try-hard guild that would prefer to surround themselves with try-hards so that we don’t get hardstuck on huhuran and have the guild fall apart like 60% of the guilds clearing BWL at the moment. Just because this content hasn’t faced you with any roadblocks doesn’t mean that you are going to be able to breeze through everything. Content is only super easy because of world buffs and consumables, other than that it is thematically the same as it was 15 years ago.

1 Like

Funny enough. they are not min/maxxing. They are max maxing.

Min Max would be the most reward for the least effort. It would be about efficiency.

min/max is a term that means minimizing something to maximize something. It is 100% unrelated to effort or time unless you want for it to mean that personally.
For instance, in TBC min/maxing means I need to roll a different profession with each tier and create BOE craftables that will cost thousands and thousands of gold and take many hours to acquire. I could clear the content in greens, but am going to put in the effort to get said gear. Same concept as world buffs. One is just a repeatable quest and the other isn’t

Ahhh fair enough. Are you genuinely afraid of getting stuck on huhu?

absolutely dude! Going to have to burn through 280k life while taking 1k dps on 15 people while a quarter or more of the raid is asleep or silenced! It isn’t going to be nearly as easy as people feel it is going to be, unless they have world buffs and consumables OR nature gear. either one requires lots of effort.

Right, but my point is that my stance has always been “what is necessary to clear content”

so why are people bad who dont do what is unnecessary to clear content, as long as they do what is necessary to clear content.

I wasn’t saying people were bad, I was saying they are lazy in comparison and might not deserve the gear as much as someone who puts in the work every week to make everyone’s life easier. Personally, idgaf about people getting world buffs I am here to have fun with my frands. I am, however, going to reward people for putting in extra effort to make everyone’s life easier

Opinions aren’t immune from being right or wrong. You can’t throw up “opinion” to dismiss what he said but buttress what you say.

People who parse are losers.

And plenty of guilds would fall apart now if they tried to tell all their members they had to play at that level for content that doesn’t need it. There’s literally not enough lotus being spawned for every raider to flask for every raid.

I guess I see lazy as a pejorative term so it seems counter to the live and let live mentality

Expecting people to spend more time farming consumables than the time it saves them is not making their lives easier…

3 Likes

Other people’s lives easier** I don’t farm consumables for myself I farm them for everyone else in the raid. If I wanted to save myself time I would just join a GDKP as a shopper and sit in a corner and buy the gear :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If everyone is farming consumes to make everyone elses lives easier? How does it work out to be a net gain for anyone involved?

1 Like

I don’t honestly mean it as a pejorative. It’s a term of comparison in my eyes. Like, if 90% of your raid is flasking and 10% aren’t the 10% are being lazy in comparison to the 90%. If you guys are happy to all not flask and no one holds ill-will, more power to you. Make sure you get your NR gear ready though :wink:

I can be comfortable knowing my amazing parses make me a loser.

Most people wouldn’t agree with you or your opinion, thank God my guild is one of them.

1 Like

Right but that only applies if you have an entire raid group who cares about saving a few minutes per raid.

Which most people have a hard time justifying spending more time farming than they do using what they farmed. Unless they have a specific goal that requires it, like getting top parses.

1 Like

Yeah that kind of shenanigans like looking at logs and such isn’t for me either so I don’t do that, I just hit the button to summon my pony and run around while laughing hysterically and drinking orange soda through a 30 ft coiled ream of plastic tubing

I understand that mentality, but why have gear standards for a raid? A warrior in greens is capable of doing 500 DPS, why not take him over the one in all purples? 500 DPS is enough right? It would take the guy in greens a long time to get to purples, probably more time than getting world buffs each week for the remainder of classic. Why not bring the guy in greens?