Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

Because using the basic abilities of your class is contextually the same as gathering world buffs or spending 2/9ths or more of an epic mount every week?

If you’re not putting forth the same effort as others in the guild you’re being lazy, it’s as simple as that. If half the dps is flasking and half isn’t, the half that isn’t is being carried.

As far as AQ, people will need a lot of consumes for these fights, well some very specific fights at the very least, good luck to your melee on huhuran like what was mentioned without consumes, since you’re in a guild that does the bare minimum of effort and doesn’t use consumes.

Youre the guilds that will have a higher risk of not killing bosses.

1 Like

Case in point, this is the exact elitism that people have been talking about “If you dont do as much as I do, even if it isnt necesssary, then you are lazy and being carried”

I mean it’s not needed tho right??

1 Like

Are you intentionally being this obtuse? Because you are on the border of intentional bad faith at this point.

If you have 2 mages, 1 mage averages 600+ dps on all kills in the raid, the other only does 300, wouldn’t you say the other mage gets carried every week?

1 Like

Mm, why don’t you link some parses and let other people decide who is carrying who in your raid using what means :stuck_out_tongue: You can say that “no one is being carried” but the fact of the matter is, if you have people doing 2x the DPS of other people in the same role than those other people are getting carried.

1 Like

If I only need 210 dps to clear content? Then no, how are they being carried when they are doing more than their fairshare of what is required to clear content.

1 Like

This ain’t a parsing problem, chief.

Nice necro, btw.

Not really, if the guild isn’t focused on goals that require flasking and is downing content it just means some people feel like using them. I’ll take the guy who knows how to play his class over the guy who doesn’t but flasks.

And this will be amazingly relevant when we’re doing content that actually requires consumables, that is however not now.

Fact of the matter is, if someone is willing to put in the effort for their gear to be 2x as effective as someone else, they deserve that piece of gear for making everyone in the raid’s life easier. You level that playing field by putting in the same effort. All for people putting in whatever effort they want, but don’t complain if the guy that flasks every week gets a shiny before your lazy bum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or it just means you have some people who like flaunting their massive epeens.

Sorry but unless the raid would otherwise be wiping if those people weren’t flasked noone is being carried.

If you are doing 210 DPS your healers are carrying your raid, and I hope they leave your guild so they don’t have to put up with 5hr BWL clears

1 Like

I am curious how you got there from my qualifying statement. You need 210 DPS to down rag pre-submerge. I didnt think that people downing rag pre submerge will have a 5 hour BWL

Sounds like someone got passed over for gear for someone that puts in more effort and they are just trying to rationalize their feelings of discontent :frowning:

1 Like

/shrug you seem really upset that it’s being pointed out the only reason to bother with flasks is to epeen flaunt on logs.

Sorry all the content can be easily done without flasking, if people want to use them great, but don’t try to pretend you’re god’s gift to the raid just because you do.

I feel like just from how they describe people that dont they do it to feel superior to other raiders, like they make it a moral issue.

Its kinda sad.

rag gives you 2 minutes for 28 people to each do 40k damage which would be 333 DPS, which you are right, is very easy for melee classes to accomplish :slight_smile: Take that over to Firemaw or Vael or Ebonroc or Chromag and you are in a separate situation entirely

“You’re downing the same bosses I am, but I’m doing it the right way and you’re not”

Like I get the min max mentality, I played it for awhile, I also understand it’s not for everyone and not in the least required right now.

1.1 million divided by 90(its 1.5 minutes on submerge I believe) is 12222 DPS required to beat him pre submerge assuming 2 tanks(dealing zero damage) and 10 healers that leaves 436 dps from the remaining 28

Edit for correct numbers