Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

Exactly this.

If, as a Ret Paladin, you aren’t in a raid with 5 Boomkins, 3 Rets, 6 Arms Warriors, 2 Shadow Priests, and a Hemo rogue, you’re bound to get noticed and called bad.

You need to be in a guild that is willing to bring garbage specs so you can blend in with the other walking anchors.

1 Like

yeah look for a guild with the policy: “details, dps meters, hps meters and all similar things are not encouraged in this guild”, they might be few, but i think they might exist. unfortunately people like to brag, and by right of conquest, those that are better than others earn the right to state facts

Not really you just need a guild that understands the current content has room for warm bodies and not every has to be min maxxed.

Many if not most are using parses as bible are interested in speed, which grants the same rewards as anyone else clearing the content.

Cannot tell if serious at this point. It would be less scary if you were trolling, but if you actually believe this… damn son.

At least now it is confirmed that you are just trolling.

2 Likes

He just doesn’t understand this isn’t retail and threat works differently in classic.

2 Likes

Find a casual guild that just wants to play and have fun.

My guild isn’t hardcore, we use warcraft logs because we want to see how we did. But, we don’t kick people for parsing low (siht happens) that’s just stupid and sweaty. We have all the raids on farm and clear all the 40 man stuff in one night. We usually one-shot everything, but sometimes mistakes happen. We cleared ZG with 2 groups on the first night with no wipes…

There are other guilds out there that clear content and are not super tryhard. You just gotta look around.

This whole post just screams the guild leaders always had the intention to use LC, but used DKP to attract players, then switched it when the raid tier with the good loot released. Its hard for people to change guilds and fit in with others after raiding with one for a while, and they fear change. They might not get loot, but they have a better chance than not raiding at all.

I suggest you find other players in the guild with similar grievances as you and just stop showing up if you aren’t happy. Or just do the bare minimum, no point dumping 100G on consumes per raid if you are 10th in line for a piece of loot.

A good LC guild will have all the loot pre-distributed so when it drops they know who it goes to, and you know your place in line for that piece of loot. Loot council is pointless unless you know the best way to distribute the loot to improve overall raid performance and everyone knows their role in every encounter.

Every inch of content in Vanilla has room for empty slots, but that’s hardly an indication of individual skill, throughput, preparation, and so forth. If he joins a guild that has specific demands and he doesn’t want those demands, then he joined the wrong guild.

Its that simple.

Nah, go look at his logs.

The dude is just AFKing most of the raid as people die.

While there is some truth to the fact that healing parses aren’t always the best measure of a healer’s skill (better groups take less damage, therefore requiring less healing and resulting in a lower parse; more healers means less for each individual healer to heal), if people are dying and you’re 1/4th the healing done of the top healer, you are just bad.

2 Likes

So what dude, our ret swings a nightfall too and his dps is 100-200 dps higher than yours… You didn’t try and expected to be carried.

This isn’t the same game as vanilla. But at least im raiding with a lot of the same people I raided with in 60 vanilla 14 years ago :slight_smile: In vanilla we wouldn’t have allowed a ret pally in raid. Now in classic our dps is so high in comparison, you can run any ‘meme spec’ you want. In classic, I can wear the same gear that I’m wearing (fresh out of void storage - I guess I de’d the missing pieces?) on my old vanilla raiding toon and kill rag before the first submerge (back in vanilla, rag was killed after 1st or 2nd submerge, now I never see sons of flame). I’ve heard all the crap long ago “people are better now, there were keyboard turners / no keybinders back then” but I know back then my reason quitting as mage dps and maining a tank in TBC+ was “my index finger broke from tapping the 3 key”. I really see no reason why you can’t raid as ret since we demolish bosses thru bwl so quickly now. Back in vanilla everyone had to be on their toes, now you can be half asleep and still finish the raid with your ony/zg buff (and when I started raiding MC agin I mentioend getting the LBRS fire resist buff from mind controlling the mob - “nah we don’t need that anymore”) … find a guild that will let you play whatever spec you want because classic raiding is a joke.

1 Like

Just join a casual guild. They are clearing content just fine. Even the casuals are decent players.

I think the hilarious thing about this entire thread is the other dude from the original guild that came in and said they are a fairly casual guild and that this dude has raided for 4 weeks with them and expected the same treatment as their longtime raiders.

Overlooked and easily my favorite part lol!

2 Likes

You played yourself rolling LOL RET. You knew what it would take to have a raid spot and you are lucky to have people take you into raids.

1 Like

you so good you got immune to dodge and parry streaks? impressive! or maby you jsut really far up your own A

I dont understand how people can be so bad but still be proud of themselves?

” I replied “But I’m Tier 2 and have 5/8 of the set…I’ve cleared it for months.” Yes… Because tier gear is bis healing set… You do realize you could run dire maul and strat and heal better right?

Oh hell yeah, 20 day necro.

1 Like

You can have fun and enjoy the experience however you want to play, just do it in a guild that fits your needs. There’s 39 other people in that raid besides you, it’s not ALL about you. If someone pulls you aside and tells you of ways to improve, before getting offended about it, maybe take the criticism on the chin and look for ways to do better in a raid setting. If that’s not what you’re looking for, join another guild. It really IS that simple. There’s casual guilds out there sure, but if you find yourself in a situation where multiple guilds are bringing up the same issues, chances are those issues are real and you absolutely have the power to correct them. There’s not many guilds out there who would accept having to carry someone who is unwilling to put in any effort. It takes 39 other people to get those epic melee dps items you’re talking about.

1 Like