Why raid logs/parses destroyed the WoW Classic experience for me

Yep, that’ll hamstring you for sure on Vael. For the other 3 drakes and Nef, it’s not so bad. I have no clue if you are already doing this, but if you aren’t, you can get a boost in healing output(and make the raid more stable!) by pre-casting a max rank Healing Touch whenever they are about to shadowflame. It’s a win win in your scenario. You boost your healing numbers, while also playing to your assignment, and reducing the risk of your tank going pop!

Leave that server…

Come to Pagle if you can. Lots of easy going people and guilds on PvE servers man. Its not nearly as sweaty. My guild cleared BWL night 1 and was like “Was that all?” and we have a couple Rets, Shadow Priests, Feral druids, etc.

We don’t care, we clear the content. And fk the meters. You cant tell who anyone is anyway in our raids since the guild discovered the nickname feature in Details and started using it.

Now our charts just have a bunch of people renamed to memes and crap across the whole dps/healing chart:

1. Youthinkudo
  2. BabyYodaisCute
  3. CovidBOIS
  4. GoneFishing
  5. That
  6. B***h
  7. Baskin
  8. Carol <— someone is always out of order.

Thats what our meters look like at the end of the fight, lol. Just a bunch of jumbled nonsense and all you can tell is the classes because everyones renamed.

Dont waste your time with toxic garbage like that. Some of us are here to have fun. Find us and leave that nonsense behind.

3 Likes

Yeah. Healing parses are worthless in classic, specifically. The better your raid is overall, the worst you’re going to parse as a healer because people are doing everything right. Stuff dies faster. The only way you’ll parse high is padding strategies, and gimmicks.

That’s where i usually get assigned, tanks and decursing, but if the tanks healing needs wind up being trivial, i will help with the raid also.

If its nasty, i will feed mana to whomever the better of the holy healers is
since mana is one problem i dont have much

It sounds like it really came down to misalignment with your expectations of the guild you were in and their expectation. That could be either a fail on the recruitment process, a fail on you not asking the right or enough questions in that subject.

It’s an old game and many people who love it and are in the more serious guilds are largely also private server players who have been min/maxing the game for years.

So. due to your 2 experiences you are generalizing… your comments have been very offensive. and you are the type of toxic “in it for yourself” player that needs to go to these other games for you to be lazy in. Good bye.

I put MS on the boss just to hear the crying. I hope I ruin your parse.

Want to kick me? Go ahead, good luck finding another tank with as much gear as me :rofl:

A rogue claiming a paladin is “in it for himself”…now that is rich

Eh, doesn’t sound too hard to replace.

2 Likes

i stand by that… it doesnt sound like you were in an elitist guild. it sounds like you are wanting a free ride, and not wanting to fit in with your guild. I have no pitty for you. It sounds like you were being toxic with your demands. You didnt get what you wanted and gquit… I feel bad for the people that had to play with you. Good Day.

1 Like

“Your parses aren’t good enough for BWL”

You can clear BWL with 30 decent people, we did it with 33 week one.

Besides, healing parses are absolutely idiotic. I can be the sole main tank healer and have minimal overhealing and parse like an 80. But the min maxing priest that can over write renews of other priests puts that on all the melee and warlocks and parses 95-99, never touching the tank once, even though they are assigned to a tank. You can also cheese It with protection potions, purposefully getting damage on yourself to self-heal. You could probably top the meters with HPS if you just stood in the flame buffet of firemaw and just kept spam healing yourself to stay alive.

TLDR, anyone who uses healing parses as a measurement of contribution does not know how to read them.

3 Likes

Really making friends now aren’t you.

Did you act like this with the 2 guilds?

2 Likes

So I just finished reading most of this thread and my takeaways are:

OP is a slacker with a victim complex. Nothing he does is wrong and his guild should just carry his no-effort tush through content AND feed him highly contested, top-tier melee DPS gear that he’ll never enchant.

OP believes that equipping Nightfall is the difference between him parsing in the 50s+ (IMO the minimum you should be pushing yourself to so that you’re not viewed as a drain on the raid) and where he’s currently parsing in the 30s.

OP thinks his guild is elitist for not wanting to carry literal dead weight despite their logs clearly showing quite a few meme specs in there with some decent loot. This shows its not the guild refusing to give good gear to meme specs, its that they don’t want to give gear to OP specifically.

OP shows himself to be a whiner, shows he knows little to nothing about his class, shows through the logs he doesn’t put effort in, and is probably not a joy to be around for any period of time yet wonders why he can’t find a fit in a guild.

Did I miss anything?

11 Likes

Yes, but this will do for now

It was established pretty early on the OP is out of his depth trying to play Ret paladin. The thread evolved from dunking on the OP to the general culture that’s evolved around world buffs/class comp stacking and parsing.

1 Like

I know how you feel. I could relate. I gquit every raiding guild I was in wow classic due to how obsessed people were with the wowlogs. It was pathetic. No one was interested in having fun, telling jokes and fooling around.

Every single guild I was in, it was always a rush to finish as fast as possible. It was all about the loot. The experience didn’t matter at all.

39 monkies addicted to purple items. I guess I can look back at it now and just laugh. Hard.

Nice of you to post on your retail alt
1st post too, amazing

1 Like

Parsing is about all classic raids having going for it because progression is nonexistent.

So I can understand some wanting to push. Analyzing logs, etc.

It’s much too boring to just clear the raid.

2 Likes

/shrug if I wanted balls to wall min maxxing everything I would just play retail and do mythic raiding there.

1 Like

I feel ya OP, it’s not the same as it was in real vanilla. The culture is very different now, and somehow it seems to have forgotten how to just relax, have fun and make friends. Perhaps these people don’t have enlugh actual real life challenges/successes, so they need to make wow a replacement for their jobs or something.

I’m sticking around for the moment to relive some lower lvl content with a friend who is curious about classic but then I am out.

Honestly, the people like the ones you describe in your story, they suck. There are lots of people like that playing wow now too. It’s one of the biggest things that ruins it for me. It’s a shame.

I hope it was fun for you for a while, and that you find something fun to replace it with. I’ve been loving Total War: Warhammer 2 this week. There are other games and fun gamers still out therem good luck to you.

1 Like