Why people dont play healers

Arfbishop bringing their rating up again, while hiding all their rated info (save for their thicc RSS Duelist achievement from season 1). lol

Nice joke.

What I would love to say would get me banned but it’s almost worth it if I knew you would take my advice. Oh well.

4 Likes

new day same issues with players having insane mmr for no reason :smiley:
had a great game with a mage who did 1 poly per game while being free cast and not focused at all and as a bonus also he was by far lowest dmg(almost same with the healers)

1 Like

Your Insignia was Yummy !

1 Like

think of it this way:

39 specs in this game (counting aug), 7 heal

7/39 =/= 1/3

7/39 more closely matches raid/mythic ratios

its not that ppl dont play healers, its that the game isnt built for 1/3 of players to be on healer

these queue times are by design

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Lontar_wow/status/1658419177256898561?s=20

For the guys who think healers MMR is fine…

1 Like

And then in SOLO at least there are 90% of Disc so where are other healers. O right they are significantly worse than Disc and their elite mogs is garbage

I dont know where you get your numbers from, but it’s clearly not from a reliable source.
If you go right now on check-pvp website and select all healers spec, dragon, druid, monk, priest, paladin, shaman… the numbers say this for the top players:

25 healing monks
9 resto shamans
8 resto druids
6 disc priests
2 preservation evokers
1 holy pala
0 holy priests

So I really don’t know how u get 90% discs, I also would love to get queues into those discs as the game is more fair instead of losing my brain trying to outheal Mega W monks

4 Likes

Healers lost their role. Players now heal themselves, and healers are expected to contribute dps. It’s super weird MMO game design.

Make healers valuable again!

1 Like

Around 2280 is the mmr cap for healing specs on NA and 2400 for dPs specs

It depends how many characters are actually queueing up and it increases every week

Mw in solo shuffle is pretty fried but you as a disc(2nd best healer in game)have the tools to actually break even or defeat them depending on the lobby. Maybe consider specking archangel in some of your matchups. It’s a criminally underrated talent. Also if your specced pom without specking focused mending ur wasting a talent point. Pom with focused mending can sometimes do 15-20% of your healing breakdown but without it it’s just a waste of a global.

The season just started and you already have 650 rounds played I think you are COMPLETELY burnt out and need a break for a few days so you can recharge your mental batteries. Make sure you get a good nights sleep and maybe go for a walk in the park and enjoy the sunshine and the sound of the wind brushing against the trees.

1 Like

at this point I think they should just increase MMR for healers.

I honestly think if it would be easier to get 1800 playing a healing class a lot more people would do it on a healer instead of a DPS, this would naturally increase the amount of healers in the game. I dont see any issue in making the game easier for healers to push compared to dps, right now its the other way around and well as we can all see queues are fantastic.

3 Likes

Dps will get mad because healers will wind up in lobbies way out of their skill level

It’s already happening

that is a wall of text man. no way reading that

I think in General solo shuffle is a fantastic concept. However, I really think they need rework the way rewards are earned. Lets be honest most people play for the rewards and titles. I have been a consistent 2100 player most xpacs with df being the exception i was 2098 in rss about 7 times and for that last win i get paired always against players 10x my skill level and it is the most demoralizing thing ever. This happend to me on multiple healers too. Now i cannot ever get the elite enchant again from last season. I played about 3000 rounds across 3 healers and would get 2096-2098 but never could get that last win. I feel like i completely wasted all of my time. I guess my point is you are exactly right. Healing rss feels like such a gamble and a waste of time hence why people dont play it. I feel like i was not rewarded in any way at all and its feeling the same this season too. I love this game but this is the first time i think ever that ive ever been this angry and frustrated over pvp in this game. If I don’t get 2100 this season I am permanently unsubbing and not looking back.

I agree 100% or just round up every healers rating by like 100 at the end of the season so you can at least get one reward if you are close.

Can you please give a few examples of specs/comps that Archangel is strong against?

Asking for a friend.

I agree.

The other day i got to 1550 with my 0 rank healer, first game of the season lol

Thats very true

1 Like

Comps with limited cc and huge constant spread pressure damage like afflic boomy

2 Likes

same thing happening now as well, its just the other way around. lack of healers and you get lobby with dpsers 200 mmr under… difference is you stay in queue a lot.

if healers could get 100 MMR above DPSers(exactly opposite of what is going on right now), trust me a lot of people would start playing a healer so its easier to achieve their goals, that means way way faster queues for dps ==> faster to climb if your good

Check this Tweet
https://twitter.com/Lontar_wow/status/1659592978199871488?s=20

1 Like