Why people are still playing vanilla?

So today i decided to log in and check the vanilla servers and they are dead…literally just like 15 players on horde side. I’ve been playing tbc lately and the game feels more alive.

So my question is: why people are still playing vanilla?

10 Likes

I like vanilla more. I don’t like tbc. I tried tbc and can’t login for more than 5 minutes, I just don’t like it.

Classic is hard to play now because it’s kind of dead.

35 Likes

That’s weird, you played tbc for 5 minutes and you didnt like it? You didnt play the game…

14 Likes

I got to 65… lost interest.

I played it in the past, I know all the rep grinds and raids… just don’t have interest in it.

25 Likes

That sucks, you are really missing out a lot

i play this because alliance has pallies and horde has shammies. BC changed that. i did not like it. Besides its already started the slippery slope to retail.

34 Likes

I like the idea that both factions have allies and shamans now! Lore wise it makes sense

Enjoy yourself then. Some of us strongly prefer the OG Azeroth world.

33 Likes

Ive got nothing against TBC. Had a blast back in the day. I just know that I wouldnt enjoy it anywhere close to that if I tried it in todays climate. Maybe one day when Wrath is released and there is a TBC forever realm but not before.

Besides all that I just love the old game. I think its the superior RPG out of all of them and it never gets stale for me.

26 Likes

I can see why Vanilla Classic is so consistent in popularity on the private servers; not even considering the “fresh” stuff, just the Vanilla.

Something about the game and it’s style is really darn good.

I really like TBC also so I be playing TBC but thinking eventually here there will be a Vanilla revival; it’s a super fun game.

9 Likes

It’s a good game with a slightly different play style than TBC. I’ll probably play more CE once I’ve run a few toons through TBC.

2 Likes

No, they aren’t missing out on anything. If they don’t like it, then they don’t like it.

29 Likes

i played tbc the first time around and wasnt too impressed and thought it was a step down from the overall experience and so i just want to live in vanilla wow forever. shame everyone left and now im all alone.

19 Likes

I started two toons on grobbulus alliance side lvl 10 and 6. I play tbc for the most part but some evenings I play classic just to wind down. No harm in playing both games

7 Likes

How is he missing out if he does not like the content? I leveled to 65 as well and decided I did not care for it. The zones look like crap and I like the way Vanilla feels. Also some people do not want to hand Blizzard $15 to copy a charactor to something that should be free.

7 Likes

One of the aspects of TBC that I didn’t like. Not really a fan of homogeneous factions.

15 Likes

I’m not handing out money for copies. I’ll wait until people have their share time of TBC then they come back to classic era. I’m not saying all will come back but there will be enough to run stuff again anways

5 Likes

TBH at this point, if I were to play vanilla, I’m very likely just to jump on and wait for a fresh new private server.

Phase 1 classic in hindsight with everyone leveling up and impromptu total wars with level 30’s and 40’s in STV’nam was the highlight of the entire Classic WoW.

14 Likes

I don’t know, there were moments in vanilla I enjoyed, but the raids were easy and ruined by tryhard guilds that wanted everyone to have 40 consumables and 10 buffs. Talents were terribly balanced and class balance barely existed.

10 Likes

Because personally I hated pretty much everything about TBC back then, including all Outland areas, quests, dungeons, raids, flying mounts etc. Have no interest in TBC.

16 Likes